Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glurge-y Moo shit

Posted by bell_flower 
Glurge-y Moo shit
April 02, 2007
Gawd, I hate that glurge-y, simplistic Moo shit that is all over the Internet and in e-mail.

What I hate most about that "Why Gawd Made Mothers" dribble is that it seems to say, oh yeah, life sux, but it's all wooooorth it. Just throw these stupid Moos a bone every now and then and they will keep persevering on, rather than consider whether they want to enslave themselves to Moohood in the first place. Gee if it's so haaaard, why do it? But then the OhNoes start because despite the fact there are 6 billion plus people in the world, we could't possibly stop making any more, KWIM?

Here's another gag-o-rific one that I've seen too:

http://sofinesjoyfulmoments.com/fvthings/mthrhood.htm
Re: Glurge-y Moo shit
April 02, 2007
It is all propaganda to keep women breeding. Pope John Paul went on how he hated birth control and abortion because he "loved" women and wanted to "protect" them. Right-o! Pro-lifers say how women are hurt by contraception because it "cheapens" them as if sex for pleasure is harmful to females. Women are more hurt by child birth and motherhood. More women die during child birth than in auto accidents or by abortions (as forced birthers claim). In my mind, there is no dignity in motherhood. Women often feel forced to stay in an abusive or just god-awful marriage if there are children involved due to financial insecurity if they were to leave. Most single mothers are not happy even if they are in a profession where they earn good money. As a childfree-by-choice woman, I received a lot of flack because I did not buy into the "motherhood is wonderful" crap...
April 02, 2007
Yep, glorify moo-hood so everyone thinks it's as glamourous and special as they paint it to be.

On Saturday, SO and I spent the day at the various wineries in the area, having a blast and meeting fun new people. After that, we went shopping then to a nice, quiet dinner.

What were the moos doing Saturday? Why, they were at home with wailing shit loaves, schlepping Cuntleigh off to soccer, or off at some other event WITH THE BRATS.

Yea, the typical moo Saturday sounds reeeeaaaaal glamorous.

Why did GAWD make mommies? To be the famblee slave and bleat on how unappreciated they are while feeling self-righteous and entitled.
cfhistorian
April 02, 2007
I'm with you, Am...there is no dignity in motherhood. You slave away and sacrifice yourself 'til there's nothing left, just so your lousy ungrateful brats make you a macaroni pencil cup for Moo's Day. And then someday, they'll grow up and tell you they hate you and you're the reason they're in therapy. You can win, and from my perspective, being a moo has got to be the single worst thing you can do with your life. My life isn't always sunshine and roses now either, but when I'm working hard either for myself (I'm a graduate student), my husband, my pets (3 hamsters really aren't that much work, but still), or my friends and family, I can feel good knowing that I'm appreciated and not in that uniquely sucky position of moo: simultaneously put on a pedestal, but also left cleaning up the vomit around that pedestal (and everywhere else, for that matter).
cfhistorian
April 02, 2007
I'm with you, Am...there is no dignity in motherhood. You slave away and sacrifice yourself 'til there's nothing left, just so your lousy ungrateful brats make you a macaroni pencil cup for Moo's Day. And then someday, they'll grow up and tell you they hate you and you're the reason they're in therapy. You can't win, and from my perspective, being a moo has got to be the single worst thing you can do with your life. My life isn't always sunshine and roses now either, but when I'm working hard either for myself (I'm a graduate student), my husband, my pets (3 hamsters really aren't that much work, but still), or my friends and family, I can feel good knowing that I'm appreciated and not in that uniquely sucky position of moo: simultaneously put on a pedestal, but also left cleaning up the vomit around that pedestal (and everywhere else, for that matter).
April 02, 2007
Urg, I hate this shit. One of my co-workers (who KNOWS I am extremely on the fence when it comes to even having kids, let alone basking in the 'joys' of motherhood) sends me this shit all the time. Pisses me off to no end. Although my mom kept up her looks and dignity after she had me, it was a long hard battle that involved 1) only having me after she was damn good and ready, not a second before and to hell what everyone thought of her for it, 2) only having one kid, not breeding like a rabbit, and 3) setting rules and boundries for everyone in the family, not just me (in-laws couldn't pop over unannounced to critisize her, I ate the same adult food and not chicken nuggets and cheese whiz, Dad took part in the making of the baby, thus he gets to take part in the raising of the baby, warts and all). I really don't understand how women think this sacharin-dipped horseshit will get other women to up and change their minds about having kids, I really don't. Don't even get me started on baby showers...
CFBitchfromLA
April 02, 2007
Ummm...yeah...labor and delivery are so risk-free that every woman should go out and get repugnant so she can slave away at cuntwork for the rest of her life...

Saw too many problematic pregnancies in my nursing time to ever believe that shit.
April 03, 2007
then as has been said in another post, what if its ill, disabled etc..

and guest this co worker doesnt she know the more she harps on about how good it it, and you having the brains to say maybe not, is only making the cf case more wink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 03, 2007
cfhistorian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm with you, Am...there is no dignity in
> motherhood. You slave away and sacrifice yourself
> 'til there's nothing left, just so your lousy
> ungrateful brats make you a macaroni pencil cup
> for Moo's Day. And then someday, they'll grow up
> and tell you they hate you and you're the reason
> they're in therapy. You can win, and from my
> perspective, being a moo has got to be the single
> worst thing you can do with your life. My life
> isn't always sunshine and roses now either,

Thank-you for pointing this all out, CF Historian. Even if the mother did everything right, she is still often told how she is hated by her teen or young adult sprogs who need therapy for all sorts of wrongs. I went to the School of Hard Knocks. My mom always worked hard and was an excellent provider. Due to some changes in my life right now (which has made me a lot more harsh in my tone than before in my posts), relations with my mother are very strained as it is easier to communicate when living in denial rather than being honest. I was ready to blast off an e-mail since I sometimes still think my mom does not understand. CFH, your post made me realise how hurtful that would be if I did such a thing because my mother is a good person. Most people would not think twice of blasting their mums regardless of these women's sacrifices.
April 07, 2007
bell_flower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gawd, I hate that glurge-y, simplistic Moo shit
> that is all over the Internet and in e-mail.
>
> What I hate most about that "Why Gawd Made
> Mothers" dribble is that it seems to say, oh yeah,
> life sux, but it's all wooooorth it. Just throw
> these stupid Moos a bone every now and then and
> they will keep persevering on, rather than
> consider whether they want to enslave themselves
> to Moohood in the first place. Gee if it's so
> haaaard, why do it? But then the OhNoes start
> because despite the fact there are 6 billion plus
> people in the world, we could't possibly stop
> making any more, KWIM?
>
> Here's another gag-o-rific one that I've seen too:
>
>
> http://sofinesjoyfulmoments.com/fvthings/mthrhood.
> htm

More breeder bullshit. Just fine. Joke yourselves to hell you screwballs. You (breeders and breeders-to-be) bore your sorry ass selves each and every single damn Saturday. Be nose-deep in babyshit, baby talk, baby crap. 247. Us childfree will go on a wonderful site like this to poke fun at you and THANK GOD we are childfree so we can go on enjoying our meaningful lives.

lab mom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login