Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aunt's Funeral

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Aunt's Funeral
April 11, 2007
We buried my Aunt yesterday. She married a rabid Irish Catholic so the service yesterday was very, very Catholic with all the trimmings.

All the priest could speak of was how she suffered like Jesus did (only she had cancer) and how she was the sacrificial mom, wife, and grandmother (7 kids, 18 grandkids, 1 great-grandkid).

It pissed me off that nothing was mentioned about what a great friend/Aunt/Sister, etc. that she was, how she worked for 24 years, her love of animals, how she took care of her dying father and mother when it was their time, or all the volunteer work she did for animal shelters. Nothing. And he didn't even talk about what a GOOD mother and wife she was. Just about the sacrifice. What a load of bullshit.
Re: Aunt's Funeral
April 11, 2007
It also ticks me off how a woman's life is reduced to nothing but sacrifice rather than focusing on the wonderful aspect of her life whether it be from parenting her kids, being a good wife/sister/aunt/friend, or making a difference in this crazy fucked-up world. A friend of mine's mum left her body yesterday afternoon. The lady loved her children very much and gave them good values. She was also a good friend and fun to be around. The lovely woman was kind to all and made me feel a part of her family even though I only knew her a short time. I know I am usually in a bitch-ass mood about something but I am not really in good shape today... :bawl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login