Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2275 - Kate Middleton

Posted by amethusos* 
#2275 - Kate Middleton
April 14, 2007
Matush, you beat me to this rant!

I also thought the same thing when I read of the break-up even though many women, who live vicariously through the Royal Family for "romance", are probably boo-hoo'ing in their Kleenex. I, too, remember the Princess of Japan who was expected to breed but only received criticism for having "only a girl". Look how far we have come? Not!

Ms. Middleton would probably end up miserable like the late Princess Diana. She and the prince were far too young to think of something like marriage. Imagine dealing with that fucking Monster-in-Law, Queen Elizabeth with her constant horse-faced frown. Nothing is ever good enough for her.

It is no mystery why Princess Diana's marriage did not work out as well as her friend, Sarah Ferguson (who seemed to be a gold-digger), divorcing Prince Andrew. And...didn't Princess Anne leave her husband as well?
Anonymous User
Re: #2275 - Kate Middleton
April 14, 2007
I find it weird in our day and age with all the science break-through, that the princess of Japan be blamed for having only a girl. After all, it has been proven that the man is the sole reponsible for a baby's sex.

I agree, that KM is far better off not marrying a royal. She would have ended up being scrutinized even more than she was and being always alone. That's not a life. Plus, being forced to sprog, argh!
April 14, 2007
diana wasnt the nicest of people, she was a manipulative person, she used everyone to get what she wanted, she has had affairs while still married to charles, and if you look at harry, and james hewitt http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2273498.stm

the queen was brought up to be a leader, she has seen personal tragedy, and loss, beyond imagining, and yet she has to be strong, for the sake of the country, a leader must be seen to be strong. so this paragon of virtue, was a woman who slept around, who left NO money to any charity, who was seeing dodi fayed, a person reputed to be a drug dealer(he used to take a kilo of cocaine into a party for his friends), and nephew of kashoggi the arms dealer.(biggest provider of landmines in the world)

read some of the biographies, the paul burrell ones, dont rely on the images she put out there in the press, she used them more than anyone else. Anne has done far more charity work, for many more years, with little or no publicity, whereas diana did so little but it looked a lot, (the trick is to look into diana's eyes as she does this work.)

this is princesses annes charity work

The Princess Royal carries out the most engagements of any member of the Royal Family. This current popularity is a contrast to her previous reputation when she earned the nickname Princess Sourpuss.

The Princess Royal is involved with over 200 charities and organisations in an official capacity. The Princess Royal works extensively for the charity Save the Children of which she has been president since 1970. The Princess Royal Trust for Carers [1] was created on her initiative in 1991 - her work for the charity takes her all over the world, including many poverty stricken African nations. Also her extensive work for St. John Ambulance as Commandant-in-Chief of St. John Ambulance Cadets has helped to develop many young people as she annually attends the Grand Prior Award Reception

and her first husband Mark Phillips had an affair and a paternity test eventually proved that he fathered Felicity Tonkin who was born in 1985. They announced their decision to separate in 1989 and the couple divorced in early 1992. so can you really blame her for divorcing him.

and This is from my mum,

Yet again more stupid nonsense of Diana being the wholly innocent, whiter than white, She was not, she was an adulteress long before Charles went back to Camilla. There are at least 9 men named who she was involved with.

I say that if this girl (Kate) cannot cope with the pressures of the life that she knew before she started the liaison with William then it is a good thing they have split up now rather than the BRITISH people have to go through again what his mother did to the people of this country.

The Queen has attended to her duty with dignity and honour to the people of BRITAIN and is in no way responsible for the behaviour of her sons wives (now ex-wives).

Princess Anne may have divorced her husband but she did so quietly and dignified as many other people do, she did not make it into a full scale drama as did Diana who encouraged her cohort Fergie in bad behaviour throughout their marriages.

Princess Anne is the most hardworking of all the royals and I must say that she does more work for charities, than ever Diana ever did, the only difference is that she gets on with what she does, she does not do it to gain self publicity, nor do she set up the Press to suit herself as Diana did - The Press actually respect Anne because right from the early days of her starting to work on behalf of the Queen she quite clearly told them to "Naff Orrff". Anne is rather like her father and doesn't take fools gladly she will say what she means to them.

Kate Middleton knew full well what would happen, that the Press would want to be first to tell the people of the marriage, etc., it is not normal for the Press to be disinterested in the Royals, they are NEWS and NEWS is what they do for a living and the first with that NEWS is the WINNER. So they want to be there at the start of things.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 14, 2007
Mercurior, I never bought the "virginal & innocent" act of Princess Diana. She was a user and a gold-digger just like her best of buds, Fergie. Neither of them would have been anything had they not been married to Royals. I always felt Camilla was better suited for Charles even though the public and the Queen preferred the younger "virgin". At least, Charles liked WOMEN instead of girls! But...everyone wanted him to have the perfect trophy wifelet instead of a grown-ass woman.

I also heard that the late Princess was quite horrible to her staff and anyone she felt was beneath her. I do now see the Queen in a different light and and am glad most British people like her. We hear a different tale in the States... :lips ...as most people want to hear of "nice" fairy princesses.

My soon-to-be ex worked at Disney and said how Princess Di was so nice when she went into one of the stores. Of course, this dame is going to put on the "nice" act so the touristas think she is great. Now, I understand why the Queen always looked so ticked off around them. I apologize, Mercurior, for saying hateful stuff about Queen Elizabeth. It is hard for us on this side of the world to know what really happened!
April 14, 2007
I hate to sound cliche, but prior to seeing 'The Queen' I always liked Princess Di over Queen Elizabeth. After seeing the wonderful, yet still fictional portrayal of her, I started to research her life more. And I have to say I respect her-she was born and raised to rule, and lived through hardships that Di never had to. So, while I still maintain that Prince Charles is an ass, I have to give his mother much respect for living the life she has and always being strong for her people, even before she was crowned Queen.

Regarding Kate Middleton, I don't think the press is to blame for their splitting up. Sad but true, many relationships have a hard time surving the transition from university to the real world. My hubby and I married right out of college, and we're still going strong, although the first year of adjusting to the real world on top of married life was a bitch. And yes, there is no doubt in my mind that had they married, they would be pressured to produce an heir immediately. So, bravo to them for figuring out that getting married and having kids at such a young age isn't for them. Kate will still settle down with a nice landed gentleman, and Wills will find an appropriate girl willing to play the Royal game.
April 15, 2007
I also hear you, Guest. It is easy to fall for the "fairy tale" bullshit. I was 17 when Di and Charles married. I was a geeky-looking teen. My mom made me watch the Royal Wedding saying how "mature" Lady Diana was for marrying the Prince. I just rolled my eyes as my mother was never happy that I was not the popular Queen Bee she was in high school with all of the boys after me. I was just a jeans and t-shirt wearing girl who thought more of things past stupid high school.

But...I fell into the Press and their thinking as I got older thinking Diana was so "sweet". It was around the divorce when she could no longer hide her true self from the press. All I saw was a very mean-faced bitch who was more than pissed that her little manipulation tactics and tantrums could not keep her Prince tied to her. I just hope the young princes are not spoiled or mean. I cannot say anything about them. I am glad Mercurior did speak to us about the Queen for I admit I was very ill-informed.

Guest, you are also right how most college relationships cannot handle the stress of the "real world" after the oyster of university. Everything is easy in college as long as the 'rents are paying for it all. This also reminds me of "college lesbians" who are so out and radical in university. Once they graduate, these women are suddenly 'straight' and looking for a husband.

It is wonderful, Guest, how you and your husband have been able to maintain a stable marriage after school. Oh yeah, Wills will have no problem finding women who want to play Princess... tongue sticking out smiley
April 15, 2007
thats ok ama, we brits, know how it can seem in the press, thats diana, was the wonderful one, and so on, so it wasnt personal, we were just setting the record straight, theres one 3 or 4 royals i actually care for, the rest, they arent upto scratch IMO, queen victoria, someone who loved albert so much she wore black for decades, the queen, as she drove ambulances in the war, to help bombed out people, and anne, all very strong women, the queen mother, (god bless her), she was another tough kind, sweet woman, who loved her drink and betting, and smoking, (and vaguely good queen bess).

i would rather be called an anti diana fan, than let the image of diana be prepetuated. (for the queen duty to the country is first, her family is second, yet she has never stinted on showing love to them.)

so dont worry, we understand and it wasnt anything personal.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/kate_news1.shtml

some news about kate middleton,

PRINCE William's five-year romance with Kate Middleton was dramatically killed off at a secret royal summit when the Queen said: "Don't rush down the aisle—we don't want another Diana."

Her Majesty issued the shock advice around 10 days ago after William sensationally confessed his doubts at a top-level family conference.

The prince told other royals, including Prince Charles and the Duke of Edinburgh, that he didn't want to commit to marriage in the near future and preferred to put his Army and state duties first.

The final death blow to Wills' relationship with his university sweetheart was delivered by grandfather Prince Philip.

He declared: "You can't string her along for ever."

It was felt by senior royals that after five years, the couple really ought to know if the relationship was going anywhere. They were very young when they met at university and it now seemed to have run its natural course.

The high-powered meeting of the family's most senior members— often known as the Way Ahead Group— was called at Windsor before Easter to discuss Wills' future and the important constitutional role he will play over the next few years

theres more on that site, so you can see they thought about him, and her, and how it was to go,

ut when the young prince arrived for the pow-wow he had already had a heart-to-heart with Kate following a spate of stories in which he was pictured in nightclubs cuddling or groping other girls.

Feisty Kate, 25, who famously said of Wills: "He's lucky to be going out with ME"—was furious and demanded to know where she stood.

When the prince told her he was not ready to give her any more commitment they both realised their whole relationship was in jeopardy.

William, second in line to the throne, had also confided in his father the Prince of Wales, who assured him he would stand by any decision he took.

But in the end it was the ever-present ghost of Wills' mother Princess Diana—plus the fear of yet another failed marriage and ‘annus horribilis'—that galvanised the Windsors into action.

This August sees the 10th anniversary of Diana's death but the outcry caused by the tragedy still haunts the royal family.

And within minutes of the summit meeting starting the conversation turned to William's worries about Kate. The gathering listened intently as the prince candidly described how SHE wanted more from their relationship, then admitted HE didn't know which way to turn

He told the meeting: "I don't want any more commitment, I don't want to get married just yet. What should I do?"

That's when the Queen told her grandson straight that she didn't want him to rush into anything he felt he would regret later. She led the discussions that followed and calmed the young prince.

"Within the royal family the Queen acts as head of the country and Prince Philip is the head of the family—so it was he who then gave William a fatherly talking-to. He told him frankly that he has to ‘put up or shut up'. He either commits to Kate now or he walks away. He stressed that he couldn't mess a woman around and treat her badly.

"The Queen had thought Kate could be the future of the monarchy, the future Queen even. She liked her a lot and every time they met they got on extremely well.

"But she had to put her grandson's interests first and sadly for her that meant doing what is best for him and the future of the monarchy. "If a marriage had gone ahead and ended in tears the Queen simply didn't want to still be the reigning monarch in 10 years time and left wondering why she let it go ahead. It wouldn't bode well for the royals or look good around the world

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 15, 2007
He told the meeting: "I don't want any more commitment, I don't want to get married just yet. What should I do?"

That's when the Queen told her grandson straight that she didn't want him to rush into anything he felt he would regret later**

or should he have married her,

"Within the royal family the Queen acts as head of the country and Prince Philip is the head of the family—so it was he who then gave William a fatherly talking-to. He told him frankly that he has to ‘put up or shut up'. He either commits to Kate now or he walks away. He stressed that he couldn't mess a woman around and treat her badly.

if only other couples thought that way.

April 15, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ut when the young prince arrived for the pow-wow
> he had already had a heart-to-heart with Kate
> following a spate of stories in which he was
> pictured in nightclubs cuddling or groping other
> girls.
>
> Feisty Kate, 25, who famously said of Wills: "He's
> lucky to be going out with ME"—was furious and
> demanded to know where she stood.

Women always try to say they are the "best thing" that ever happened to their boyfriends when they find out of the clubbing and groping other girls. Please...if that was the case, the guy would not be doing those things! Instead, Kate should have just ended it rather than try to demand where she stood. The actions already proved where she stood. Have more self-respect! Yet, like Di, many women will do what they can to land someone likea prince or a rich guy regardless of tossing their self-respect. Anyway...both are way too young to make such a commitment as marriage. Most young guys want to fuck around for a time and are not into banging the same broad for life.
CFBitchfromLA
April 15, 2007
Excuse my perennial bluntness, but I do not really give a damn about the British royal family. I live in LA, where celebrities believe they are royalty and have legions of sycophants all ready to take care of their every whim--and the celebrities in turn believe they are entitled to everything that enters their vacant, delusional heads. What the royal family of Great Britain and celebrities in the US have in common is their detachment from reality and the drooling of wannabes hanging on to their every word and command. My democratic American senses just do not permit me to think that royalty is anything different from stardom. Big fucking deal, if you ask me.

Fuck knows the Kennedys, Schwarzeneggers and their ilk believe they have ascended to royalty, but they have not. To me, royalty is just a sexually transmitted disease caused by otherwise insignificant people fucking and producing a brat.

Flame me if you will, but I just do not get all of this royalty nonsense. I have to put up with Z-list celebrities who act like they should be hailed for producing a commercial for hemorrhoid pads. Sorry, but I do not fawn over anyone like that.
April 16, 2007
in the UK, the queen is head of the army, navy, airforce, and the head of the church of england, and the head of state, like bush.

we have a constitutional monarchy, which is a rarity, we have a government, they are to to stop the excesses of the royalty, and the royals are there to stop the excesses of the government.

the government rules in her name, she has the power to veto any law, any rules, but to just have one person dictating social, and cultural, would make them seem like dictators, so thats why we are the 2 branches.

any leader of a country deserves respect, however, you can comment, say bush is an idiot etc etc etc. but they are still the leader of the country. it just so happens that our leader has been queen for over 50 years, a stable influence, on the world stage, she has become more than a diplomat, more than a leader. she has done more in her life than most politicians.

i know a lot of americans love the royals, and they tried to create a kind of royalty, the kennedy's comes to mind, and yes there are some who are on the opposite side. it may not work for america to have a royal family, because thats one of the reasons why the original puritans left england to the new world, so as a world leader, she must be acknowledged, as a human who has had to suffer private problems, she also must be acknowledged.

you may disagree with the idea of royalty, but we have a royal family, a few of them arent worth much IMO, only a few are decent, caring humans, who give and give to society, who do far more charity work than you can imagine, for those people i give the utmost respect.

April 16, 2007
I highly doubt the "official" story is the same as the private story in regards to any public figures. While it is a nice time waster to speculate as to anyones reasons for doing anything, it is a mere diversion from actual problems the actual world faces. Not like there's anything wrong with diversion, we all need it to keep from going insane.

If I wasn't laughing, I'd be screaming.
Giselle
April 16, 2007
Can I point out that the young woman was well educated so not thick in any way, so she knew exactly what would have been expected of her from the start, She moved in with him in Scotland and has enjoyed a relationship which appeared to be going well until she started to "bitch" about her privacy. Sorry our Royals get no privacy they are NEWS and what sells papers especially the Tabloid Press NEWS and they do not care how they get it.

Other Royals cope with it, so if she cannot cope she is quite right to get out of it. She also knew that William was expected to join the military in some form or other. Then she started "bitching" that she didn't want him to be in the Forces - our Royal males are expected to find out how the soldiers/airmen or sailors cope with discipline and its toughening up job.

Also the Queen quite liked her Father as well ( ex RAF) but the Mother leaves a lot to be desired when she chewed gum throughout a ceremonial event in the same group as the Queen. You do not do that sort of thing, I am not Royalty and I object to gum chewing as she was doing. Sign of poor manners. If she wanted to chew gum do it when elsewhere, did she not realise that cameras were picking every chew.

Kate was given a private Police Officer to look after her, what more did she want.

I see comments about our Royals, that is exactly what they are OURS.
Where is it written in stone that other countries have to condemn as a result of a load of rubbish printed by the "gutter press".
Anonymous User
April 16, 2007
I don't see how anyone can compare the Queen to the likes of say Paris Hilton. Americans may not like it, but other countries DO have Royals. The Hollywood celebrities are nothing of the like, as the most important decision most of them make is what dress to wear to the premier of their new movie. Royals fight in wars, and make decisions that effect the whole nation.
Matush
April 17, 2007
Even the smartest people at the young age don't fully understand what they are getting into in certain situations, especially with relationships. How many of us look back to our boyfriends/girlfriends from high school and think "what the hell was that?" I knew way too many girls in high school who went out with cute but extremely dumb and annoying jocks and went out with them for a long time.

Now I'm sure, like any little girl dreaming of becoming the next queen of england, that she thought she could deal with the press and she probably did for a while especially as it seemed that it was a picture at a polo match here, a picture at a rugby match there. Anybody thinks that is a nice trade off for the eligible bachelor. But after the first unflattering article or picture...
giselle
April 18, 2007
Sorry kids are streetwise at a very much younger age that Kate Middleton is now. She is 25 years of age not 15 or even 20. She knew exactly what she was doing when she started the relationship. Its in the Press all the time over here she could not have thought anything different to what it is really like. If she has not the stamina to cope then we are better off without her.
April 18, 2007
Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things who dates who in the royal family? I mean, aren't they all vaguely related anyway? And even if they aren't, would anything be made better or worse? It's not like they're going to be able to combine family forces with any other royal family and take over any countries... or invade ours and oust the assholes in power here.
giselle
April 19, 2007
Its the Yanks that are bothered, not the Brits, They seem to have a penchant for sticking their noses into other peoples business.

Most noticeable with regards to Diana. She was nothing to do with anyone else but they had to presume on things they didn't really know, all they knew was what the gutter press has written.
April 19, 2007
Giselle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can I point out that the young woman was well
> educated so not thick in any way, so she knew
> exactly what would have been expected of her from
> the start, She moved in with him in Scotland and
> has enjoyed a relationship which appeared to be
> going well until she started to "bitch" about her
> privacy. Sorry our Royals get no privacy they are
> NEWS and what sells papers especially the Tabloid
> Press NEWS and they do not care how they get it.

And...these dames have got to realise that any red-blooded male from privilege and money ain't gonna keep to their girlfriends or wives. There will indeed be other women. Either suck up by looking the other way or gather some self-respect by getting the fuck out....QUIETLY! The young lady lost her respect once she screamed how SHE was the BEST that Wills had ever been with! Please...that showed sheer desperation.
CFBitchfromLA
April 19, 2007
Royals fight in wars just like every one does. I do not know one Euro royal that has any real political power other than public ceremonial duties, so to say that they influence public policy is more from a marketing edge than anything. I work in advertising, public relations and related businesses, and I know spin when I see it.

Americans have no royalty, and we kicked the British out in the revolution of 1776 precisely because we did not want anything to do with them. Fuck knows the Kennedys pretend to be royalty, and Bush family is trying like hell to be a dynasty, but Americans can not and never will accept anything like the European aristocracy that still exists in many countries. It will not work here though many have certainly tried.

Euros have every right to be proud of their heritage, but do not try to make the royals anything more than human. Sorry if it puts some knickers into knots, but the American variety of celebrity believes wholeheartedly (I have always wanted to use that in sentence!) that fame equals privilege. If you live in LA, you quickly become cynical because we have so many self-anointed "celebrities" that no one gives a damn.
April 20, 2007
actually the queen does have poltical power, but she relies on the government to rule, he has a veto option, she can abolish government, she can make laws. all laws has to pass to the lords for ratification (with a few exceptions), and the lords are the queens royal side of the law.

its a constitutional monarchy. which is rare in all of europe, and the world.

we had a monarchy that abused its rights and priveledges, then we had cromwell, the puritan, and people got fed up of being told you cant do this, or that. then we got the royalty back, but then after seeing how the people were rebelling, (twice) they decided to create a 2 branch system to stop the excesses of the other side. the government rules on behalf of the queen, but the queen can abolish the government is it goes too far. its a set of checks and balances. and it is the rarest form of monarchy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login