Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders can't even watch TV

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Breeders can't even watch TV
April 18, 2007
These stupid commercials keep coming on for Cable TV, where a character from a show comes in that's mob/criminal/scary, and the breeder tells the character how much they love their show, but it's too horrible for the brats, so the breeder must block it. Damn breeders can't even watch grown up TV. I guess it's true because I remember being at this house where there were 3 toadlers, and the moo always had brat shit on TV, no matter what time of day or night it was; really annoying shit, too, like Lazy Town and that damn screeching Elmo.
Anonymous User
Re: Breeders can't even watch TV
April 18, 2007
Of course, I remember when the quality of the programming was in the writing, not the shock value. When I was growing up, I was exposed to plenty of adult TV, but it was MASH, Maude, the Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, All in the Family, Carol Burnett...worthwhile stuff that didn't have to resort to half naked people screwing everyone in sight, bloody corpses, and the glorification of criminals and prisoners in order to capture attention and be entertaining.

Three's Company is really the show that turned the tide, and if I remember correctly it was so crappy that it actually appealed more to teenagers than adults.

Basically, though breeders can't watch TV because it's too sexy or violent for their kids, I can't enjoy watching TV because there's nothing really interesting on that doesn't involve violence, and I don't want nightmares.
April 18, 2007
threes company, was in fact based and the scripts were taken almost verbatim from the UK original one, man about the house, the uk one was more adult based as there was a certain tension, which after having seen threes company, it didnt have, steptoe and son, was the same, it became sandford and son.

it sort of lost things in the translation, but todays tv, is aimed at mothers, as per adverts, and has a subtext of anti maleness, see how many tv shows show that men are dumb, see how many shows only have breeders in them.

a few years ago, someone came up with an electronic version of a bleeper machine, that would convert "bad" words into "good" words. and they tried it, but they decided it was too dumb, (this story is either apocryphal, or an urban legend not sure), so the actor dick van dyke, became penis van lesbian.

same with the DOVE website (no link to the soap as far as i can tell), if they dont like the tv show, they dont have to watch, let alone let their brats watch, there is a OFF button.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 18, 2007
You are correct, the DOVE family friendly website has nothing to do with either the soap or the chocolate makers.

Television in general has always been aimed at the lowest common denominator. Advertisers need us to be at our stupidist in order to convince us that we're so naturally offensive on every level that we NEED to buy whatever it is they sell us so that our society will continue to function. If we "devolved" to a more natural state, where what you looked like, where you hung out, what you owned and what you drove didn't matter as much as what sort of person you were and how you treated others, obviously society would crumble into a heap of quivering jello.

I will agree that there have been many decent televised programs in the past, and I will argue that there are alot of really good televised programs right now. However, decent television, in that it's well written, acted and thought provoking, will pretty much get cancelled after a couple seasons at the most because for most people it's "too hard". Hell, why do you think CNN has entertainment "news" during prime time (6-7pm cst)? Because that's what most people will watch. So they pick the prime time to air the easy news that mouth breathing breeders can understand. All they have to do is sit there on the couch with the teevee on and let the pretty colors flow, and maybe if they're lucky they'll catch a glimpse of side boob on the red carpet.
April 19, 2007
99% of the commercials out there today are nothing but a bunch of fucking insults. They are either dummied-down to the point where it hurts or are aimed at breeders.
Anonymous User
April 20, 2007
What's the difference, KFLL? winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login