Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Madeline

Posted by Leaning toward childfree 
Leaning toward childfree
Madeline
May 16, 2007
In America, you have to be blonde haired, blue-eyed, and rich to get any attention if you are a missing child. Elizabeth Smart got so much magazine and air time I just about puked. A little African American girl, seven years old, was kidnapped, chewed through her duct tape and ropes, and escaped. Now that is a story. What an awesome kid. Elizabeth Smart, always the good little blonde haired blue eyed child, didn't even fight back one bit. And don't get me started on JonBenet. It might be the same in England.
Madeline looks like a sweet child and I hope she is found. Nobody deserves the pain of having a family member murdered. But you wonder if she's getting all this attention because she fits the standards of a beautiful child and thus the media is more willing to put her face everywhere. There should be equal coverage for everyone.
Re: Madeline
May 16, 2007
thing is you cant watch any news, read any papers, without the same story.

it sounds bad but you get sick and tired of the massive newspaper hysteria, and you become oh not again. which isnt what you want to happen.

they just keep going on and on and on, until you lose compassion, lose any humanity in you because it goes on and on and on..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 16, 2007
The phrase used to be "if it bleeds, it leads" in reguards to the wonders of the news world. Now I believe it's been changed to "if it's blond, female and missing, it leads".

I'm sure you all remember a couple years or so ago some highschool slag went missing from her spring break trip to Aruba...last seen leaving a bar with a bunch of strange men, her body (living or dead) was never found. At the same time a male, chinese exchange student went missing in my town. His body was found in the lake this spring. Never heard a damned thing about that, did you? Did any of you know that in the past 6 years, 10 (or so) male college students have been found dead in the Mississippi river around the LaCrosse WI area? Probably not, even though they all seem to fit the same profile in terms of apperance and method of death (drowning while drunk) which would lead one to believe there may be a serial killer involved, which I think would make a great story.
JoJo
May 17, 2007
What gets me is that her parents left three toddlers alone while they went and had a nice dinner. Kudos for not bringing the bratlings to a nice restaurant, but would it have busted their budget to avail themselves of one of the hotel's nannies?

That kid got kidnapped because the parents were too cheap/irresponsible to provide adequate supervision and they call US selfish!
May 17, 2007
apparently they were scared to leave them with a hotel nanny as they could be anyone. this has gone beyond a simple case, they played a video at the beginning of a football match, the uefa cup final.

when i look into this it reminds me of susan smith and diane downs.

one commentor of the mails site, says "450 young people under 16 who have also gone missing in the UK within the last 2 weeks"

yet there are no £2.5 million rewards, no video's on tv.

its gotten to be a reality tv show

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=455458&in_page_id=1811&in_page_id=1811&ct=5&expand=true#StartComments

there may be a suspect, but he acted odd, when trying to help, when his mum created posters to help,. IF he is innocent, all the media has destroyed his life

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Giselle
May 19, 2007
This whole matter stinks - they said they were 500 yards from the villa whilst they ate, now that is a long way to be away from three young children but if you see the aerial photographs it is much further than they admit. also the man they say is the chief suspect lives even further away than the parents were and could not by any stretch of the imagination see the comings and goings of these parents to check the children.

Both of the parents are doctors, they are not short of money and could have taken a younger relative on holiday with them to look after the children when they wanted to go for a meal etc.,

The overwhelming collection of money, of tee-shirts, posters are out of all proportion to when other children go missing. This is another lot of Liverpool (Scouse) behaviour to start off with. The mother is a Scouser.

No one helped the mother of Ben Needham who disappeared 10 years ago, she was left to deal with it alone, and he has never been found. he was taken when on holiday in Greece.

But then again she wasn't wealthy to start off with.

It is sad the child has gone missing but how many more children went missing on that same day as Madelene. You never hear of those.
May 21, 2007
In this country, you can also get away with killing your child if you are wealthy. Look at what happened in the Jon-Benet Ramsey case. Immediately, the breeders called their lawyers before making the call to 911. The cops, due to the wealth of the Ramseys, did not separate the husband and wife to question them which is the case when law enforcement goes to a home and finds a dead child. Only the people of colour or the "white trash" go to the slammer when they murder their children.
Annie
May 21, 2007
Giselle,

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I read that both parents are physicians, didn't want to put their children in the hotel staff's hands, but decided to check in on their kids every 30 minutes. How dumb can you be? I wonder why they didn't bring their own au pair, or one of the parents could have watched the kids for an hour, gone back to the restaurant, and the other parent could have spelled them.

It beats the hell they're going through now.

How irresponsible can you get?
May 21, 2007
I just read a bit about this in the People magazine while I stood in line at the grocery store and it simply blew my mind. Seriously, they left a 3 year old and 2 two year olds ALONE?!!! And no one is calling for their heads?!!! I dislike children, and even I know better than that. For chrissakes, parents have had their children removed from their home for lesser neglect.
Actually, no, the hotel nanny could not have been "anyone" off the street. It's not like the hotel is going to go "You need a nanny? Well, there's this guy who hangs out by the dumpsters...". That person would have to submit an application, be interviewed, possibly background checked and then actually hired by the hotel before becoming the hotel nanny. If anything did happen, they would have had the person's name wouldn't they? But because they're selfish dumbshits who don't understand the employment process and can't be bothered to properly care for their precious precious children, they've got a missing, probably abused and dead daughter and NO IDEA WHATSOEVER as to who may have done it. And these people are doctors?
Seriously, if their children were so precious that they couldn't even trust a person the hotel had specifically hired to deal with this situation, one of them should have stayed behind. If they can't do that, then they shouldn't have ANY children.

I'm certianly glad these brain wizards aren't in charge of my health care.
May 21, 2007
well it gets better, they are planning a european tour to talk to people about it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=456516&in_page_id=1770

But they have let it be known they will take their campaign anywhere. There have been 'sightings' of their little girl as far afield as Morocco and North America.

Missing: Little Madeleine hasn't been seen since May 3

The news coincides with Portuguese detectives travelling to Britain and North Africa in pursuit of leads.

A spokesman for the McCanns said their thoughts were now turning to putting their campaign on the road.

She said: "There's no concentrated programme yet but they are thinking of everything. If it means going around Europe to meet people, then they will do that."

Madeleine's parents are prepared to tour the globe in search of their daughter.

They are making preliminary plans to visit countries across Europe and possibly the world to find her.

But the scale of the campaign - and rewards totalling £2.6million - could be hampering the investigation, with false sightings coming in from far and wide.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=456512&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
The trip will also give him the chance to deal with the routine domestic matters that have been neglected during their extended stay abroad and allow the two doctors to make arrangements for staying away for the foreseeable future.

For the last 17 days they have been trying to keep some sort of routine in their life, on the advice of trauma counsellors and for the sake of their other children, Sean and Amelie.

When they are not working from their campaign "nerve centre", or praying in church for their daughter's safety, the couple are steeling themselves to create little pockets of comparative normality.

At the weekend Mr McCann played tennis and the couple sat on the beach with the twins. Mrs McCann is trying to clear her mind by exercising and jogging against the clock**

looks like some one is thinking
During their walk they passed a poster apparently blaming them for the disappearance. Stuck in a shop window, it consists of four pictures of their child arranged around the words: "Mummy help me".

Workers in the car hire shop - Auto Rent III - refused to take it down. Saleswoman Maria Rocio said: "Whose fault is it that the girl has gone missing? It's the family's. They should never have left the children on their own."

there is something deeply odd about this,

May 21, 2007
yes feh, its.. unbeleivable, since the girl was stolen/kidnapped from the middle of the twins.. and they didnt notice.. thats what i say about tne nanny of the hotel, but apparently the parents were scared/worried that the nanny could be anyone.. i have doubts that she was kidnapped.. its my gut feeling, remember the hysteria when susan smith and diane downs happened..

JoJo
May 21, 2007
" i have doubts that she was kidnapped.. its my gut feeling, remember the hysteria when susan smith and diane downs happened.."

Gosh, Mercurior, I'm shocked, shocked by your cynicism. Yeah, something stinks about this whole setup. These 'great parents' apparently don't trust the hotel nanny, a person presumably screened and bonded by the luxury hotel, so they leave three toddlers all alone? No one sees anything? How could a potential kidnapper know the kids were alone in the first place? Something's fishy about this one.
May 21, 2007
the problem about my cynicism, i am frequently not as cynical as the world really is..

May 21, 2007
Yes, the hotel nanny could be anyone. However, I'm assuming that one day the children will have to attend some sort of school away from home, and (gasp!) the educator could also be anyone, so could the parents of their children's friends or the guy at McDonalds overseeing a birthday party. Logic dictates that one day their children will come in contact with "anyone". The thing is though, if they used the hotel nanny, they'd have that person's name, contact number and possibly even an address and physical description of that person. Since they couldn't trust their child with a bonded, known employee of the hotel, ANYONE could come into the room and take the child...and no one would know who that ANYONE is or even what they look like, making it infinately harder to find that ANYONE they were so afeard the hotel would use as a caretaker.

Like Merc, I simply find this situation horribly suspicious as it defies all logic. They won't even leave their "precious" children with a known adult employee of the hotel, choosing instead to leave to chance that their children would remain asleep for hours while they enjoyed adult dining time? I know it's wrong to kick a person when they're down, but I'm seriously amazed that no one has bothered to speak out on their gross irresponsibility. Even I know enough that you NEVER leave a toddler unattended, they are stupid and defenseless. And the twins didn't stir when the girl was taken from between them? Interesting. It all smells too fishy to think there's any thing left in this situation that isn't rotten.
May 22, 2007
people are saying it, but they are blasted as being uncaring, by the ones who say we are praying for you, we hope she comes back to mummy and daddy..

they are middle class, middle income. if it was a younger poorer woman and children, she would be ripped to shreds for neglect. but these are professional doctors, from the south.

JoJo
May 22, 2007
This reminds me of the Adam Walsh kidnapping in the early '80s. His brain-dead mother left the 6 year old alone in the toy department of Sear's just for a few minutes (probably close to an hour) and tried to blame the store security, the local police and the FBI when he was kidnapped. What ever happened to personal responsibility?
May 22, 2007
Yes JoJo, it's aaaaaalways somebody's else's fault something happens to someone's kid. The pahrunts are NEVER to blame.

NO. Watch your own damn kid. Period.
May 22, 2007
Did anyone see the footage of the father back in England? He was looking at these yellow ribbons and teddies people had left. Call me a cynic but he seemed to be enjoying the attention a bit too much.

The media seem to have conveniently forgotten the fact that if this pair had either watched their daughter themselves or gotten a sitter, this wouldn't be happening now. Any idiot can see those kids are too young to be left unsupervised.
giselle
June 10, 2007
this last week the German Press said that the behaviour of the parents was not normal for the parents of an abducted child that they appeared to be enjoying the publicity etc., travelling around Europe. leaving the twins with family (where the hell were this family before), money being collected for them albeit they are well off middle class doctors.

They now today say that this visit to Morocco today is the last one they will do, and that they need to go back to Portugal and be allowed to grieve and to show their true feelings.

I don't trust either of them. His eyes are strange and dead no emotion at all.

No one except them saw the child in the villa it is only their word that she was left there with the twins.

Very strange they are now wanting to stay with the twins after being tackled by the German Press.
Anonymous User
June 12, 2007
I've heard of a moo who left an infant home alone so she could go to dinner, and this woman did not care at all for her kid. These people might just be the same way.
June 12, 2007
Feh, I also believe there is more to this story. The parents continued to gallivant around the EU. Leaving a child in a hotel room alone was a good alibi to get rid of her.

These people were very slick to have their young daughter "disappear" in a foreign country rather than "back home" due to the investigation being more limited toward foreign travelers. I may sound mean but I do believe these parents were very calculating of what would happen on this trip.

JoJo, I worked security but never in the mall or a store. However, I know plenty of guards who worked mall or store security. Moos always believe that it is the job of the security department to babysit wandering sprogs.

Our jobs on most sites is asset protection, which is why in most offices I worked there were very strict "no children allowed" policy which one moo blatantly tried to ignore and demanded that *I* watch her brat. She got the message when I made it clear in polite terms that I was not a "cunt worker", meaning security would not be responsible for her chy-uhld.

The rich thing is that I had to report this cunt to my boss and his boss, the client's facility director, once she came in and tried not to use her badge so she could not be tracked. One woman was leaving for the night from her area and offered to do some cunt work by watching the tyke in the foyer. Fine...as long as it is not inside.

Cunt Mommy did get her badge...but still got her ass chewed out the next day by her boss and the facility director. grinning smiley The nasty breeder bitch was always a cunt to security with her, "Hey...hey...hey...," when she wanted something. That little attitude also ended that day when she realised she was not as "special" as she once believed.

Sorry I got off track. tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login