Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sheryl Crow adopts baby

Posted by liz 
Sheryl Crow adopts baby
May 20, 2007
Has anyone else read the reports about Sheryl Crow adopting a 2 week old baby boy? I find it very suspicious that a single woman was able to adopt such a young infant. I wonder if she used a surrogate?

I also wonder why she waited till her mid-40s to do so. My personal belief is if you really want to be a parent, you wouldn't wait that long.
What does everyone else think?
Re: Sheryl Crow adopts baby
May 20, 2007
Another aging has-been looking for a little publicity, that's what I think.

How about that dumbass Holly Hunter, who fertility treatments at age 48 and had twins? And did anyone check her out before she did that? I always thought she had a cute, pixie look about her but OHMIGOD I saw her in some movie called the Little Black Book and she looked awful. She's has so much plastic surgery, she doesn't look like herself anymore.
Anonymous User
May 20, 2007
OMG, I didn't know that about HH. I used to have such respect for her. That's just so selfish.
May 20, 2007
liz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also wonder why she waited till her mid-40s to
> do so. My personal belief is if you really want
> to be a parent, you wouldn't wait that long.
> What does everyone else think?

She recently had breast cancer, and that can REALLY make you re-evaluate your priorities and think twice about the meaning of your life.

Though I still think it's irresponsible. What if the cancer comes back? I wish her the best anyway. At least she didn't do that IVF crap like Holly Hunter!
Anonymous User
May 21, 2007
Plastic surgery can be nasty. Has anyone seen Farrah Fawcett, Meg Ryan, or Melanie Griffith lately? Ewwwwwwwwww
May 21, 2007
Hell yeah! They don't even look human. Didn't Meg Ryan adopt a Chinese baby girl and change her name after a year cos she didn't look like a Daisy or something? Crazy beeyotch.

I'd no idea Holly Hunter had kids, never mind IVF at 48. This means she'll have teenagers when she's in her 60s. Marcia Cross had IVF twins recently too. I could've sworn those two were CFers. . .
May 21, 2007
I think most of these washed-up "stars" go the IVF baby route or buy their overseas babies when their careers start to tank out. It gets them more publicity...
JoJo
May 21, 2007
At least Crow adopted a kid and will presumably provide him with a better home; she didn't add to the world's overpopulation.
May 22, 2007
JoJo Wrote:
> At least Crow adopted a kid and will presumably
> provide him with a better home; she didn't add to
> the world's overpopulation.

It is always a little baby these people want to adopt rather than an older child who has been shuttled around from foster home to foster home most of his/her life. I guess those tiny baybees get the most PR for the aging stars. Speaking of motherhood and celebs, the latest is how Angelina and her husband had a threesome with a young model. What lovely "values" to pass onto their children. Doing things in private is one thing but these people get every aspect of their sex lives publicized. That has to be awful for the kids....
May 22, 2007
What is up with celebs and plastic surgery. A little off topic but check out this website:

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/cat_scary_celebrities.htm

There is some funny shit on this website. Enjoy!
Anonymous User
May 22, 2007
Meanwhile, though there are plenty reasons to not love Rosie O'Donnell, at least she adopted 3 of her 4 kids. And, she does not farm them out to nannies as much as the average celeb. I'm also under the impression that not all 3 adoptions were issue-free white infants, though I'm not sure where that comes from.

Also, the much maligned Elizabeth Taylor created a near scandal in Switzerland when she adopted her daughter. They wanted to give her a "perfect" infant but she fell in love with a toddler who couldn't walk, and that's who she adopted. I believe she also spared no expense in therapy and medical treatments, and the child ended up fine.
Anonymous User
May 22, 2007
Pffft, I've always thought Sheryl Crow sort of forgot how old she is...I mean, I saw her in a magazine recently wearing a cutesy little tank top that looks more like it belongs on a 16-year-old. So what do you expect?
May 23, 2007
K12144 Wrote:
> Pffft, I've always thought Sheryl Crow sort of
> forgot how old she is...I mean, I saw her in a
> magazine recently wearing a cutesy little tank top
> that looks more like it belongs on a 16-year-old.
> So what do you expect?

There is nothing worse than a "mutton dressing like she is a lamb". Many older women do not want to admit that they can no longer compete with the young honeys. Me...I am glad to be middle-aged and out of the "race".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login