Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Most breederpleasing TV Show ever?

Posted by liz 
Most breederpleasing TV Show ever?
May 20, 2007
What does everyone consider the most breederpleaser TV show ever?
Some obvious answers spring to mind - The Brady Bunch,etc.

What stands out for me was "Thirtysomething". Ughh! Anyone remember it?

All these years on, it makes me grit my teeth.

I hated the way the SAHMoo was portrayed as a freakin' saint - while the other two women (working single women) were portrayed as sad and silly. The overall message of the show was really damaging - ie independence is overrated and true happiness can only be found as a SAHMoo.two faces puking
Anonymous User
Re: Most breederpleasing TV Show ever?
May 20, 2007
Even as a college student, I had to stop watching it after Hope and Ellen's baby-related falling out.
May 20, 2007
I never watched "Thirtysomething".

However, I'll nominate "Sex And The City" for turning Charlotte into an insane wannabreeder and Miranda into a moo. I'm surprised they managed to keep Samantha and Carrie from breeding.

Though the absolute worst offense of all was turning fiercely independent, kick-ass Scully from "X-Files" into a whiny, sobbing moo. I stopped watching after that.
Anonymous User
May 21, 2007
The new Notes From the Underbelly is just disgusting. From what I have seen of the previews, you couldn't pay me to watch it.
May 22, 2007
TV anymore is just a waste. We watch the Animal Channel, Court TV, A&E, Food TV, and the History Channel. Anything else is a waste of time.

Of course though, during commercial breaks, we have to painfully endure the breeder-centric commercials that make TV watching a living hell.
May 22, 2007
liz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Bunch,etc.
>
> What stands out for me was "Thirtysomething".
> Ughh! Anyone remember it?
>
> All these years on, it makes me grit my teeth.
>
> I hated the way the SAHMoo was portrayed as a
> freakin' saint - while the other two women
> (working single women) were portrayed as sad and
> silly. The overall message of the show was really
> damaging - ie independence is overrated and true
> happiness can only be found as a SAHMoo.two faces puking

I hated that show! I am sure if the stay-at-home wife was not a childed woman that she would have been labeled lazy and silly. Independence is important because no one can foretell the future. All people should know a trade. However, not working does not steal independence as long as BOTH people in the marriage or relationship are equals when it comes to decisions. Money can be a freaky thing where the earner has more power but a true person will not hold that over someone's head. A few women here on the board are CF but do not work while the husbands work yet they are far from dependent women. Catmommy is a fine example. Hey...how have you been Catmommy?
May 22, 2007
There should be a new channel in the cable line ups around the country. The Child Free Channel. Everything childfree. You don't like it, you don't have to watch.

When you think about it, there are very few resources around for us CF'ers to find suitable friends, have a CF network, CF living, etc.
May 22, 2007
the one good show is king of queens, 10 years running, and they havent got kids, they look after carries father.

the actress was pregnant in a few episodes (the actual actress) but they dodged the bullet, they didnt make a show about her being pregnant.

i think at one point they were going to do a breeder episode, but.. she lost it and afterwards i think if i recall she was never so happy

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
cfhistorian
May 22, 2007
I had no idea that the couple on "King of Queens" didn't have children! I don't know why I thought they did, but that was always my justification for avoiding the show. I might have to check it out now, though...
"However, I'll nominate "Sex And The City" for turning Charlotte into an insane wannabreeder and Miranda into a moo. I'm surprised they managed to keep Samantha and Carrie from breeding."

What I find so ironic about this, it that after 'executive producer' Sarah Jessica Parker got knocked up, is when the storylines about Charlotte and Miranda and the baby rabies came into play. It seemed pretty obvious to me that SJP was just desperate to keep a part of herself carefree and fabulous through Carrie, and wanted to drag down her 'friends' on the show. Total crock of shit.
Anonymous User
May 22, 2007
I was REALLY disappointed with Frasier when they knocked Daphne up. It was a great show--Frasier had a kid but the kid only showed up or was mentioned when it was really important to the plot, otherwise he stayed neatly out-of-sight....and then they have to ruin it by making Niles and Daphne have a kid. Wankers.
May 23, 2007
have you noticed, as soon as they add a baby storyline the shows get boring. friends, the baby rabies, friends, fraiser

at about series 4 or 5, they did start a storyline where carrie is pregnant, but she loses it, ok, but they decided to stop that storyline.

they have arthur who is carries father, who is a big kid, so.. the dynamic wouldhave been destroyed.

as i said theres one part where the actress is pregnant, but the character wears a lot of flowing outfits, and you see she doesnt move much, and unless you know what your looking for you wouldnt really know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Queens

"Deacon Palmer — played by Victor Williams — As Doug's best friend, Deacon is the classic "family man". He's often seen hanging out with Doug, whether it's at their lunch break, over the weekend, or for a family gathering. Although he is often experiencing relationship problems, Deacon always has time to chill out and have fun

Kelly Palmer , Deacon's wife - Merrin Dungey — As Carrie's best friend, Kelly is Deacon's agreeable, soft-spoken wife and the two of them have two children together. Kelly and Deacon have experienced some serious relationship problems, much more serious than the petty arguments between Doug and Carrie"

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
KFLL,

Please run for president!!!!! Excellent ideas. When mass media realize we have much more disposable income than breeders, maybe they'll come around.

As it is, I have to make do with boycotting certain merchandise I see on commercials.

I also wish they'd stop using my favorite songs from the 60's to peddle breeder crap. That makes me FURIOUS.

The Beatles aren't meant to be played like that!
I actually liked "Thirtysomething," but detested the character of Hope Stedman. She was such a yushie (young urban shithead).

I mostly watched it for the single characters in it, especially the character of Melissa. She had her career, but she kept falling for the wrong men. Pretty lifelike, if you ask me.

I always wished Nancy would have just divorced Elliot. He was a complete jerk.
May 23, 2007
Now even my beloved Chloe from "24" is knocked up. Puuuuuuuke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login