Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

60-Year-Old Woman Delivers Twin Boys

Posted by catmeow 
May 22, 2007
Here's a picture of broodsow and duhdie: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274726,00.html

Tuesday , May 22, 2007

Frieda Birnbaum, 60, gave birth to twin boys Tuesday, becoming the oldest woman to give birth to twins in the United States.

The babies were delivered at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, N.J., by caesarean section.

"Baby A" weighed 4 pounds, 11.4 ounces, and "Baby B" weighed 4 pounds, 11 ounces.

Birnbaum said she felt great after delivering the two boys. "This is so wonderful, I feel so relaxed. It has been a great experience," she said.

Birnbaum, who is a psychologist, and her husband Ken, a Manhattan attorney, have three other children — a 6-year-old son, a 29-year-old daughter and a 33-year-old son.

The husband and wife of 38 years said they had not settled on the names, but were leaning toward Jake and Jared.

Dr. Abdulla Al-Khan, director of prenatal diagnostics and therapeutics in the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center, oversaw Birnbaum's pregnancy and delivered the twins.

"This was a fabulous outcome. I'm extremely thrilled and delighted to have delivered a healthy mom and two healthy baby boys," he said. "They're doing very well."

Before her noontime C-section, Birnbaum said she underwent in-vitro fertilization (IVF) last year in Cape Town, South Africa, so her youngest son, Ari, would have siblings closer to his age and because she wanted older women to be able to deliver children “without a stigma attached.”

“My daughter feels I should be living in Florida having a good life,” said Birnbaum, of Saddle River, N.J. “I hope when she’s older, she’ll see this and understand she has choices. I don’t feel like I’m 60. I don’t know what 60 is meant to be.”

Al-Khan said there is just no rulebook for handling a pregnancy such as this one.

"This was high risk, definitely; there were no guidelines of what to do and what to look for in a pregnancy at the age to 60. Can the heart, or the kidneys withstand the pregnancy?" Al-Khan asked. "It becomes a little risky to take care of this pregnancy, because no one has the experience. You have to utilized your medical judgment."

Birnbaum’s son Ari was also conceived by IVF in a procedure done in New York City. Dr. Manny Alvarez, the chairman of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center and the health managing editor of FOXNews.com, delivered the boy.

Birnbaum made the decision to have more children, preferably twins, one stormy day on a cruise ship after reading a magazine article about women having older children.

She and her husband tried unsuccessfully to conceive again in New York and later made the decision to go to South Africa after researching medical centers that specialize in IVF for older women.

Birnbaum said she previously had some of her eggs frozen, but declined to say whether those eggs were used to conceive the twins.

The couple said they were overjoyed to learn they would be having twins. Birnbaum said she looks forward to dressing the boys in matching outfits.

Although her eldest son worries she won’t have enough spare time to spend with his children, when he has them, that is, Birnbaum said she has more than enough energy to go around.

Birnbaum said she wants her new twins, like her other children, to be happy, confident and healthy.

There are no federal standards for age limits on IVF, but the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology in the U.S. recommends that women be under 50 years old if they are undergoing IVF with a donor egg, and under 44 if they are using their own eggs.

Al-Khan went on to say that despite his early concerns about overseeing a pregnancy with a mother of this age, the pregnancy went very smoothly.

“The question is what is old,” he said. “It’s asked over and over again. And that’s a question I don’t even know the answer to anymore.”

Birnbaum doesn’t feel old and plans on sticking around for a while.

“My father lived to 92 and my mother lived to 89,” she said. “I plan to be around for a long time.”

While Birnbaum is the oldest woman to give birth to twins in the U.S., the oldest woman on record to give birth is Maria del Carmen Bousada Lara, a Spanish woman who gave birth by cesarean section to twin boys on Dec. 29, 2006 — just seven days shy of her 67th birthday.

Birnbaum hopes to inspire other women through her actions. She is planning on writing a book about her experience with Al-Khan.
Re: 60-Year-Old Woman Delivers Twin Boys
May 23, 2007
Disgusting. Just fucking disgusting. These idiots need to be reminded of a simple fact: menopause exists for a reason.
As for the so-called doctor, he went ahead with the IVF regardless of the high risks. All he seems to give a fuck about is making a name for himself.

To think that this fool is writing a book to inspire other wannabe geriatric broodsows. . . HORK

And we CFers are supposed to be the selfish ones. . .
May 23, 2007
From article: "Birnbaum hopes to inspire other women through her actions. She is planning on writing a book about her experience with Al-Khan."

I hope this greedy bitch sells very few books and doesn't inspire too many women her age to get IVF. Unfortunately, there are some who will find this moo and Doctor Make Old Hags Moos inspiring--barf!
May 23, 2007
Liz, girl, you took the words right out of my mouth.

This tops right up there with eating one's own shit.
Why didn't this woman become a foster mom????? Why is she so narcissistic that her youngest son has to have more siblings (is he that antisocial he can't find friends outside the house????).

The only thing that amazes me is that she and hubby can actually afford those poor kids (oh, and she's going to dress them in identical outfits!!! - being a shrink, doesn't she know that's a REALLY BAD IDEA!). Where the hell did she get he degree, a box of Cracker Jack?

They should have done a psychological workup of this woman, nixed the IVF procedures, and directed her to Wal-Mart to buy some Cabbage Patch dolls.

What a stupid bitch.
May 23, 2007
EVERYONE in the IVF industry really needs to be lined up against a wall and slapped...or :gun1. Seriously, it seems to me that the parents who involve themselves in this are horrific narcissists who think that not only should the whole world revolve around their inability to reproduce naturally, but also their genes are so AWESOME that they must be praised for throwing tens of thousands of dollars into a giant hole to create a completely unnecessicary (and more often than not sickly) child. WOW! They'll make great parents!! Just look at little Maddies parents, what a good job they did. The "doctors" invovled are just in it for the piles of cash that these idiot wanna breeds will throw at anything to make them spoot out that precious sprog. I can't imagine a bigger waste of resources, time and energy than IVF.

I can't imagine the horrible life the daughter of a woman who says “My daughter feels I should be living in Florida having a good life,” said Birnbaum, of Saddle River, N.J. “I hope when she’s older, she’ll see this and understand she has choices. I don’t feel like I’m 60. I don’t know what 60 is meant to be.” must endure. Poor dear is probably past her neck in bingos, which will only end when her mother dies and leaves 3 maladjusted hellspawn for their "big sister" to care for, whether or not she wants to I'm sure.
Feh,

Damn straight.

If I were that daughter, I'd start the process of changing my name, moving to a very obscure country, and ending all contact with that breeder.

AND I'll bet anything that any book that dumbass writes will be in the bargain bin within 1 week. Perhaps with the flag, WHAT WAS THIS IDIOT THINKING? OH YEAH, SHE WASN'T!!!!!
May 23, 2007
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EVERYONE in the IVF industry really needs to be
> lined up against a wall and slapped...or :gun1.
>

Right on, Feh! I had a professor in college who used to work in "assisted reproduction" as he euphemistically termed it and he seemed so proud of it. To this day it makes me wanna hurl!
I remember watching a tv programme years ago as a child when IVF was really taking off - it showed some egotistical fool in stirrups and I remember thinking "imagine paying good money to go through that". TF that'll never be my hell.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the success rate pretty low, around 30-40%? Not to mention the health risks. I don't give a crap what anyone says, it can't be good for your ovaries to go into overdrive.
If I had my way that shit would be banned. Seriously.
Feh wrote:

>"when her mother dies and leaves 3 maladjusted hellspawn for their "big sister" to care for, whether or not she wants to I'm sure."

Exactly what I was thinking when I heard this on the news this morning. Stupid bitch will probably croak before her freak litter hits high school and then her two oldest kids are going to get stuck with the brats. How is that fair to any of their children? Selfish, selfish assholes! Narcissistic is an understatement for these people.
Yup, this is the trend, friends. I’m a young’un (at 34) and look at least 10 years younger than that (I just got carded for buying cans of spray paint a few weeks ago.) It’s great to know that the bingos will never end!

**But the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology in the U.S. recommends that women be under 50 years old if they are undergoing IVF with a donor egg, and under 44 if they are using their own eggs.**

It is unscrupulous for these doctors to help her knowing this. Greedy bastards, the whole lot of ‘em. And I think we know why the geezer breeder declined to state whether her frozen eggs were used in the procedure. Because they weren’t! Her eggs can’t be viable. I wonder how much it cost to have this done, going to South Africa and all that. Gotta be six figures. No wonder she’s writing a book. She’s gotta pay for this.
And people love this story. I had the local yocal news on this morning to hear the weather when I was getting ready for work. On the way to the bathroon, I heard the female anchor say, “and yes, she says she doesn’t know what it feels like to be 60. That’s just great …” I had no idea what she was talking about until I got on bratfree. HORK.
May 23, 2007
I am in NO WAY condoning this crap - but what about all the old geezers who have kids in their 60s, 70s or older? They're no better. Just 'cause they still can doesn't mean they should. They disgust me just as much as those IVF freaks.
May 24, 2007
ITA, Medusa! I'd imagine old fucks would think it's great that their dicks work two faces puking

I've just spotted another article where the broodsow has been bragging about how "age has been redefined". Her response to people who criticized her? "they need to get ready for what's coming up in our society".

Translation: All that matters is me and my giant ego and monstrous selfishness and fuck the consequences of messing with nature and fuck everyone else, up to and including those innocent babies.

And to think this idiot's a psychologist!
May 24, 2007
'Her response to people who criticized her? "they need to get ready for what's coming up in our society".'

Oh really old-sow-trying-to-be young? Well, lets see who's got the last laugh when the repugnancy results in life-threatening health problems for the old brood sow. Then they're left with a preemie with major health issues. But that's not selfish because the moo is getting the attention she so desperately wants. And with the sows who are really old, they can't even use their own eggs, and in the slim chances they CAN still use their own eggs, they can't even conceive on their own. And most of those births are by cescesarian because they're too old and can't physically handle the birth. Oh yea, some accomplishment.

Conceive the old fashioned way, carry to term with no problems and deliver a healthy baybee - THEN and only then will we be impressed. I hate those cocky fucking attitudes.

And to look at the old breeder pig in that picture makes me sick. The bleach blonde hair, all the make up. She must have a very distorted image of herself when she looks in the mirror. Maybe she's got one of those Fun House mirrors in her home. "Look at me, I'm YOUNG!"

Disgusting, and nothing more.
May 24, 2007
liz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ITA, Medusa! I'd imagine old fucks would think
> it's great that their dicks work two faces puking

Exactly, Liz! "Hey, lookitme! I gots me a young hottie and done knock her up!" Like that bastard Cotton on "King Of The Hill". Puuuuuuke!
Dear KFFL,

I hope you didn't see the dumbass on the news this morning (I'm SO glad I saw this before I tried to eat dinner, or I would have hurled for sure).

After saying that her daughter thought she was crazy for having kids at her age (I'm amazed the newscaster didn't agree with the daughter right there - I would), she doddered on a bit and then said she's telling people "not to get a dog, get a kid." To all you animal lovers, I'm sure you're relieved. I know I am.

I'm sure she got her shrink degree in Aruba, or some hole in the wall diploma mill. She's living proof that you don't have to have brains to get a degree.

Yikes.
May 25, 2007
"and then said she's telling people "not to get a dog, get a kid."
Gah!! If this bag of shit wrapped in skin is ever in arms reach I'm shoving a pen in her eye. She should have both her "myrical chyllldren" removed from her home if she seriously thinks rising another HUMAN is the same or easier than raising a dog (and I'm not trying to put down dog owners, both seem equally difficult to me). So she not only thinks it's good that people already make babies without thinking, but that it is preferable to each individual person thinking "do I want to raise a person for 18+ years?" and some deciding not to. I've put more thought into purchasing gold fish than she wants people to put into the decision of whether or not to change your life, perminantly.
I hate her.
May 30, 2007
What a dumb, stupid, cunt. Get a KID? Not a dog? Oh yes, just what I am looking to do. Pets are FAR more rewarding than any brat could ever hope to be.

It's always been my belief that nowadays, *MOST* famblees with kids should not have pets. First off, the little fuckers learn next to nothing about taking care of a pet. Secondly, most times, the pets end up neglected or not treated they way they should be. Thirdly, said pet usually ends up in a shelter because of Cuntleigh's allergies or "we have no tiiiiiimme for him anymore." I'm so sick of people saying "Oh, let's get a dog, it will be fun for the kids!" This is precisely WHY I do not volunteer at a shelter. Much as I love animals, any dumb breeder that would come to the shelter wanting a pet "for the kids" or returning one for some lame assed reason, I'd feel compelled to kick them in the teeth.

When my nephews come to visit, our cats run for the hills. The dogs spend the day dodging them. Thank the Gods our big dog is deaf now because the shrilling and screaming all day would have sent him into a nervous breakdown.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login