Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Christmas Brat

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Re: The Christmas Brat
December 26, 2011
Snark Shark
And THIs is why it should be legal to "abort" THOSE THINGS up to the age of ten.

And THIs is why it should be legal to "abort" THOSE THINGS up to the age of ten eighteen.
December 26, 2011
embraer135
I tried to get out of it by saying I was unwell (felt shitty all day,actually) but DH still insisted we go 'for a little while'.

It seems that "little while" ended up being the whole evening. Did your Dh apologize for subjecting you to that madness? If not, tell him there is at least one wife who thinks he needs his ass kicked. It sounds like he did a good job of ruining your day.

You've earned a Free Card for that encounter. Wave it whenever your Dh suggests spending a "little while" with that feral varmint and its family.
December 27, 2011
Dorisan
embraer135
I tried to get out of it by saying I was unwell (felt shitty all day,actually) but DH still insisted we go 'for a little while'.

It seems that "little while" ended up being the whole evening. Did your Dh apologize for subjecting you to that madness? If not, tell him there is at least one wife who thinks he needs his ass kicked. It sounds like he did a good job of ruining your day.

You've earned a Free Card for that encounter. Wave it whenever your Dh suggests spending a "little while" with that feral varmint and its family.

I'm with Dorisan. Actually, my spouse and I have some 'free card' arrangements of our own.

Mr. Random and I have a tacit "escape hatch" agreement for dealing with certain family members and/or certain situations. Either one of us can opt to leave early (we have a signal between us), and the other spouse will back that person up 100 percent including talking to the host, no questions asked. Any conversation between us about the early departure happens later, and is generally blame-free. And yes, we've used the escape hatch during times when one of us asked the other to go along "just for a little while". I'm sure it's saved us a fortune in Excedrin.
Anonymous User
December 27, 2011
Woah, poor you. No way would I have put up with that.

I would have given it till about the third time he wailed for different soup, then asked the parents, 'Do you plan to discipline your child at all today, or are we to be subjected to tantrums completely innappropriate to his age indefinatly?'

When the vacuous idoits say they will not discipline Tardley, I would then stand up and say, In that case I shall have to leave. I am afraid I cannot continue to be in the presence of such disrepectful behaviour. Since the behaviour will not stop, I must remove myself.' If I had to walk home 5 miles on my own, I'd have done it, just to make a point.

But then I am a bit of a principle martyr and amateur masochist bouncing and laughing

I'd steer clear from now on, and as others have said, don't sugar coat it - tell them he's a brat and you will not spend your free time around him.

My sympathies.
December 27, 2011
After several incidents when we were younger... my dh is well aware of my intollerance toward brats. He'll even warn me if we get an invite that so and so may bring bratleigh. There have been a few times when we'd get to a dinner or something and there were brats there. He'd say "if you want to leave just give me the signal". I usually give it 1/2 hour and then decide if I can stay or not. If we leave we make our appologies...fake headache, need to get up early or something. More and more I am wanting to use the truth.... "your kid is a brat and we can't stay here any longer" Wonder how that would go over?
December 27, 2011
Next time let DH go by himself to spend time in hell.
December 27, 2011
ladybug2203
Moo and duh will cry awtism all in good time, just wait....

if they haven't already. Can you just imagine this fucking brat when he reaches adulthood?

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
December 27, 2011
And because the standards of people in general have fallen so much over the last decade or so, no one will openly tell the parents what a little asshole they're raising and I dare say it's becoming way too commonplace for a child of this age to behave like a retarded little toddler. But hey, he's doing what he knows works - Moo and Duh give him what he wants when he throws tantrums because he knows he's got more mental stamina then both of them combined. He has absolutely no idea how much he embarrasses himself, nor does he care because he's getting his own way and why should he care about anything else?

I wasn't an angel at that age either, but I was way beyond screaming tantrums. Were I still eight and I saw someone that age acting that way, I would be embarrassed simply observing them. Unfortunately, his behavior improving will be dependent on his parents growing spines and I don't see that happening anytime soon. He's gonna be real cute when he's a teenager - I can imagine him rolling on the floor screaming and bitching when he doesn't get his own way in school or girls refuse his advances. I'm actually amazed he doesn't shit himself - a lot of little brats of all ages will intentionally soil themselves when screaming and stomping their feet fail to work.

The only bad thing is if you were to be honest and say you refuse to be at a function where Bratley will be present due to his behavior, everyone will get all offended and act like you're an evil person because OMG he's just a chiiiiiiiiild and he doesn't know any better. smile rolling left righteyes2 Yes, the truth is painful when you deny it for years and years, but doesn't mean it's not true.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login