Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting thought...

Posted by Pepper 
Pepper
Interesting thought...
June 07, 2007
I'm sitting here watching a rerun of CSI in which one of the characters claims that she and her husband were "desperate" to have a child. Over the years, I've noticed a lot of women say this. I hear this a lot. "Oh, me and my husband are DESPERATE to have children..." Yet, I've never known a man to say something even remotely like this. Not to sound sexist (and I'm not saying it's not possible) but have you ever known a man to be "desperate" to spawn? How much do you want to bet that the desperation is completely the woman's? Yet, she includes the husband into the mix to make it seem more like a "team effort" and make herself look less like a biologically driven, baby-crazed, robot maniac.

Do I have the right idea? Any thoughts?
Re: Interesting thought...
June 08, 2007
i have known a couple of men, who did have baby rabies, but its rare, for a man to be that desperate, but mostly its the woman, men generally speaking, go along with the idea, we dont hear the tick of the clock, quite a few men have a child for peace and quiet from the woman, to stop her nagging 24/7.

and with all the new laws that are pro woman, like in some states shouting at a woman is termed abuse, its a very broad category, that its far easier for a man to go "whatever you want :sigh:".

the risks if he said he didnt want them, would be, she would call him emotionally stunted for not feeling her pain, and it would be ammunition for her to use in other arguments, (we have all seen it). then she may well oops him, just to get that child, which breaks the trust of the marriage, and eventually it could break gthe marriage up. a lot of this is worst case scenario's but it happens more than you think thats the opinion of this man

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 08, 2007
Nope, I've never heard of a man being "desperate" for kids except.........

I used to work with a whack job of a guy who bleated on and on about wanting to find Mrs. Right and have a bunch of kids.

Asshole started stalking me to the point where the cops and my employer had to get involved (we were contractors for separate companies working at the same client). He bought a house a few blocks from us and used to take leisurely strolls past the house on a daily basis.

I wonder if he ever did find Mrs. Right and got down to breeding. Maybe he turned to Chloroform to help his efforts. LOL
June 08, 2007
When I was nineteen, I went with a man who was ten years older. He had two ex-wives and two children that he paid no support...YET...he bleated that he wanted ME to have two children with him. I may have been young and not tubalized yet; however, I told this asshole that I was not breeding for anyone. It took almost two years but I got rid of that jackass! When I practiced the religion of my upbringing (Roman Catholicism), there were men who wanted marriage and those babies. Usually, a man who has the baby-rabies are the type of fellow who cannot stand a woman who has her own voice and opinion. What better way to squash a woman than to make her a moo?
Nour
June 08, 2007
**Not to sound sexist (and I'm not saying it's not possible) but have you ever known a man to be "desperate" to spawn?**

Yes.
June 08, 2007
i think in part is also depends on the age of the young man, when your young the idea to be a parent is ingrained into you, look at all these tv shows about young parents, but as we get older we realise that for a peaceful life most men will go along with it, (of course at this time there are knuckle dragging neanderthal males about the ones 40- 50plus), until people my ages 34, early 40's sort of find if it hasnt happened now, then doesnt matter, so they become nearly cf.

but there are always exceptions, and those exceptions are rare.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 08, 2007
curiously there is a darkly sarcastic comedy radio show on bbc radio online about this

Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation (30 min)
Broadcast on BBC7 - Tue 05 Jun - 23:00

How to Be a Father (Part 1): In his regular address to Britain, Jeremy Hardy is aided by Gordon Kennedy and Debbie Isitt. This week: parenthood.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/bbc7/aod.shtml?bbc7/jeremy_hardy_speaks

wink.. its quite humourous, and accurate too but with a comedic slant

Pepper
June 08, 2007
"...its far easier for a man to go "whatever you want :sigh:".

Yeah, that was kind of what prompted me to pose this question in the first place. It really seems to me like most of the time it's the woman who really WANTS the kids and the man's opinion of this is more like, "okay, whatever..."

*Sigh* I pity these women. Really, it must be such a drag to be a slave to your own biology.
Nour
June 08, 2007
I don't think it's about biology as much as a lot of people think. I think culture has more to do with it.
And it's not like MY "biology" is saying breed, but my mind is overriding it. There is no ticking to ignore.
June 09, 2007
Men don't get desperate because they can still breed when they're a hundred years old. (Disgusting but unfortunately true.) And, if one wannabe moo doesn't work out, they can always get another one.
Anonymous User
June 10, 2007
Nope, no ticking here, either.
June 10, 2007
medusa men dont think like that, only women think men think like that.

95% of all the men i know, they dont care one way or the other if they have kids or not, if they do, ok, if they dont thats ok too. there are about 5% of men who want children, or they beleive they do, until they experience it.

its just like me saying all women are breeders, its a stereotypical attitude.

June 11, 2007
Mercurior, some men are like that: "If one does not work out, the guys will get another woman." I do agree that it isn't ALL men who think in such a manner. But...many do since there are more women than men.
June 11, 2007
yes, but thats why i said 95%, these are men i know personally, most dont care if they have a child or not,

June 11, 2007
I don't think I got a Timex for my bological clock, cause it sure ain't ticking.
Anonymous User
June 12, 2007
LOL, Feh grinning smiley Maybe yours is the kind that comes out of the crane machines, and breaks after a few days winking smiley

I don't think I ever had one to begin with. I was at home reading when those were handed out winking smiley
June 12, 2007
I looked, it says "Raladox"
YAY!
Anonymous User
June 12, 2007
YAY, Feh! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login