Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2343 Grandparent Leave

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2343 Grandparent Leave
June 08, 2007
Great god. What a lame-assed excuse for getting time off. Can't today's pahrunts handle ANYTHING by themselves anymore?

Well, how about Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, In-Law, Sibling, Cousin-Once-Removed, or 4th Cousin leave? If there's a BAYBEE involved, I'm sure they'd all sound perfectly valid to someone!!

Or how about new pet leave? I'd love to have been able to stay home with one of my babies when they were new to my life to take care of them, bond, and get them accustomed to their new surroundings.
Re: 2343 Grandparent Leave
June 09, 2007
Oh, gawd, I hope this never passes around here! Moo and Duh leave is already bad enough. What a fucking joke!
June 11, 2007
Anything for breeders seem to go in the workplace. I am always leery of "family friendly" jobs that are advertised. I remember years ago when my mom was visiting and we were at the Publix. My mom said I should work there as this preggo worker came out and started a conversation of how she loved her job as it was so "wonderful" since the place is so friendly towards families. I told my mom that it would be a cold day in hell....etc. That means moo, duh, or the grandbreeders do whatever the fuck they want while the childfree better pull down their pants, bend over, and take it like a man up the ass!!!
June 11, 2007
And something else. They bleat on and on about FAMBLEE TIME, FAMBLEE LEAVE, FAMBLEE VALUES, and FAMBLEE FRIENDLY.

Well, what if this FAMBLEE includes a gay couple that is adopting?

Or a gay employee needing time off work to care for a sick partner?

Or the grandparents of a (*GASP*) grandchild adopted by a gay couple?

Does all this family talk still count?

My guess is, probably not! After all, it doesn't follow the LifeScript.
Nour
June 11, 2007
Whenever you see "family" in print or hear people talking about "families," just insert the word "children." (excluding anyone gay, of course).
June 11, 2007
Exactly. It doesn't mean sick relatives who are NOT kyyyyyds, like your parents, for example. I had to take all my vacation days to take care of my mother when she was dying.
June 12, 2007
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly. It doesn't mean sick relatives who are
> NOT kyyyyyds, like your parents, for example. I
> had to take all my vacation days to take care of
> my mother when she was dying.

Exactly, Medusa! A friend had to take vacation days when his mom left this life since the trip across country would take more than the three allotted bereavement days. At one job, a co-worker had to fight to get an "absent point" taken off of his attendance record when he had to call out for an uncle's funeral since the company claimed an uncle was not close enough of a family member. He did get the point erased but not without a HUGE hassle. If this man was a breeder and had a preggo wife, I know the company would give him "leave" up the ass for being a daddio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login