Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About mom confessions...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
About mom confessions...
June 16, 2007
Here you have it, we were right all along. That woman could have been me, except I didn't cave in:

I so wish I could talk to those women who are on the fence as to whether or not they should have kids if they are uncertain. Speaking from experience - please don't. I was one of those women who never really took an interest in babies, never offered to hold or babysit other people' kids, never felt the ticking clock, etc. It's not that I don't like children - I do - but I would have been perfectly content to remain childless.
Unfortunately I caved into the pressure from family, friends and ultimately myself. I was the only one in my closeknit family without a child. They all seemed so happy that I began to think that maybe I was missing out on something. Both my parents were seriously ill and I knew they would be over the moon at the prospect of a grandchild. I had been married 7 yrs and my dh always left the child option up to me.

Now here I am a few years later w/ a one year old. It is hard, so hard. The maternal instinct never kicked in. I have no patience and absolutely no clue how to raise her. People always used to tell me "it will be different when its your own". It wasn't. I love my girl but will always feel she would have been better off with someone else. I wish I would have had the courage and conviction to say that I was totally ok to be child free. I liked my job, my freedom and living on my own terms. Now every day is filled with guilt. I have a little girl who did nothing to deserve a fucked up mom and a good husband who tries so hard to make up for my shortcomings.

I am determined however, that my daughter will never know that I regret my decision.
Re: About mom confessions...
June 16, 2007
on the truedadconfession.com site

theres a few interesting posts

My wife's son is from her first husband. When we were married, I told her I did now want any children of my own, she agreed and went on the pill. A year later, her sister told me that my wife was lying to me about being on the pill and had in fact stopped taking it. I asked my wife about it and she told me I had to "grow up" by having a kid. She won't let me discipline her out of control son and he has nearly destroyed our new house.
I went on an extended business trip and had a vasectomy when I was in Europe. I never told her about it until after we divorced a year later.

I am still angry and hurt over her lies and betrayal, and I resent her lectures and hypocrisy about her own son.

I actually look forward to going to work now, cause it's the only time I get to be away from my wife and kids.
She's out on maternity leave, and is always home with the kids. She's there so much, that it doesn't even feel like my home when I'm there. I'm just some guy who sleeps there.

I'm pretty sure I do not want to have any more kids. This is already going to cost me a fortune when I finally get up the courage to get out.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 17, 2007
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> on the truedadconfession.com site
>
> theres a few interesting posts
>
>
> My wife's son is from her first husband. When we
> were married, I told her I did now want any
> children of my own, she agreed and went on the
> pill. A year later, her sister told me that my
> wife was lying to me about being on the pill and
> had in fact stopped taking it. I asked my wife
> about it and she told me I had to "grow up" by
> having a kid. She won't let me discipline her out
> of control son and he has nearly destroyed our new
> house.
> I went on an extended business trip and had a
> vasectomy when I was in Europe. I never told her
> about it until after we divorced a year later.
>
> I am still angry and hurt over her lies and
> betrayal, and I resent her lectures and hypocrisy
> about her own son.

Most men find this out when they marry a sprog-addled woman. The stepdads are not allowed to discipline these horrible kids. I know from experience of knowing fellows who married these moos how the women's children destroyed the houses and acted out in other ways that often brought law enforcement to their homes. The women lied about being on the Pill because they wanted more hellions. Thankfully, this guy got his "V" during his European trip and divorced the cunt. I would have loved to see the look on Cunt Mommy's face when he told her of getting the vasectomy after he divorced this fucking user. Men should never go with these single moos. Same goes for women and single fathers. All they get is trouble and no "thanks"...
June 17, 2007
Mrs. Ogre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I am determined however, that my daughter will
> never know that I regret my decision.

That is true with most parents. They DO regret their decision to breed even though they wanted a childfree life and DO take it out on the kid. I hope this woman can keep true to her promise to never let her daughter know that the kid was very unwanted. That is a hard secret to keep as secrets only grow in the dark...
June 17, 2007
Reading of the women who hated their babies and were sick of the crying as well as one woman telling her husband how the five-month-old was the worst thing brought into the relationship is akin to how "third parties" can ruin a marriage. It is like a man saying how he loves his wife so much that he wants another woman as a "triad" to show that love further. Bringing a kid into a marriage only brings on more insanity, jealousy, and less time for the couple. Oh God...I know the constant baybee :bawl crying would send me over the bend...
June 17, 2007
How sad. It's a classic example of how a woman may know that moohood wasn't for her yet caved to societal pressure.
She may say she's determined her daughter will never know she regrets her decision but I wonder how successful she'll be? Like amenthusos* said, secrets grow in the dark.

It's telling how she says she felt she was missing out on something, yet she also says she would've been content to remain childless. That should've told her something, but it goes to show how pahrunthood is glorified and romanticised despite lots of evidence to the contrary.
June 17, 2007
http://childfreeclique.blogspot.com/

this is the site she quotes

http://www.justrage.com/article.php/i_hate_being_a_mother_motherhood

theres another site via the above, where a momm, says the truth, and yet gets lambasted

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 18, 2007
People do get into a rage when a woman tells the truth of motherhood. The ragers hot smiley tend to be other mothers. The truth takes all of the ridiculous illusions of moohood away. Most people do want to live in denial because it seems easier than facing the harsh realities. The truth does hurt so the moms act out trying to keep their own discontent at bay...
Anonymous User
June 19, 2007
Hrm. Why does no one advise women like that to give the kid up for adoption?

I mean, it's a year old (and she probably regretted it long before that). Give it to someone else, it'll never remember her anyway. While you're still in the stage--say one year and younger--where you can give the kid up for adoption without it remembering and being traumatized by it, WHY NOT DO IT???

If she already feels like this after a year, what's she going to feel like after 18 years? There is no way she's going to be able to hide this for that long, after so many years of losing her own identity and dreams...
June 19, 2007
Mommy drinks because she regrets you.
No, I don't know where Daddy is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login