Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what exactly is childfree?

Posted by mercurior 
what exactly is childfree?
July 16, 2007
on thebritgirl.com website, she has posted a comment about what makes us childfree, is the child of an ex partner, mean the man isnt childfree even if he was tricked into it. what about a woman who puts the child up for adoption, if they dont beleive in abortion or they are pressured into having it or dont have the money for one. (does beleiving and having an abortion the key part of being childfree ). i think its subjective, and upto the individual, they and only they can say if they are or arent childfree. i dont know. but how do we determine childfree, mental stance is that the key.

this is my reply.**

a childless can become a childfree, but can a childfree become a childless.. possibly?

one refers to either a medical conditon or something else, the other refers to a concious choice.

if you are with your new partner, and he had a child from a previous marriage, and you are married, and he doesnt want anymore children, the partner could be childfree, because no children will belong to THEM. as a couple. they could be termed a childfree couple, but only as a group.

(i know a couple of women who are in that situation, and she is very childfree, and he doesnt want kids i think he was pressured into having them and the previous relationship broke down) so is he part of the childfree world, or is he not part of it. this is a very gray, very personal area.

i would say childless people generally have a need for something else in their lives, and due to situations that isnt possible. childfree we understand that children are not the solution to future problems, they are the cause.

less or free is determined by strength of feeling, is a woman who puts her child up for adoption, is she childfree, she is free of the child, but has a child she may never see.. does that count..

it depends on personal situation, how far you take the childfree stance. and only a person can say whether they are cf or cl..

childless and childfree are 2 groups, but within that group there are infinite veriations, which i think is the best thing to have.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: what exactly is childfree?
July 16, 2007
I go by these definitions,
Childless are people who want children, and feel a sense of loss due to the lack of them in their lives.
Childfree are people who do not want children, and feel no sense of loss at the lack of them in their lives.

A childfree person could very well have a part in the creation of a child, given it up (abortion OR adoption), and feel no loss at the lack of that child in their lives. I think it is possible for a person who was once a parent, to consider themselves "child free", especially if their children are out of the house and they don't want any more children (grandchildren, nieces, neighbor kids) hanging around to deal with.
July 16, 2007
yes exactly, but its always interesting to see how people view childfree especially from those who are.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 17, 2007
I agree with Feh.

And it chaps my ass when breeders lump all the un-childed people together and call us Childless, THEN get pissed when you correct them. There is a chick here at work (breeder of course) who does that and I'd like to slap her.
July 17, 2007
Gah! It's all the same to breeders, if you're not "in the family" it doesn't matter to them how you prefer to be distinguished because you do not matter unless you've got something they need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login