And Zoey the Chihuahua is OK!
Leaning toward Childfree
Re: Dogs Kick Ass!
July 23, 2007
And I'm sorry, I was so excited I forgot the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070723/ap_on_fe_st/odd_chihuahua_rattlesnake
July 25, 2007
One of our dogs is a Chihuahua. We read that story and roared. Our Chihuahua is a maniac. Sweet and loving but a total lunatic at the first sight or sound of danger. Thank the Gods she's only 9 pounds and not 90! LOL
leaning toward childfree
July 26, 2007
Chihuahuas do tend to not know their own strength. We have Westies, and they regard everything and everyone as a new friend they must say hello to--people, other dogs, snakes, bits of string, a Cheerio...
July 26, 2007
Yes, dogs kick ass! Cats rock, too! So do bunnies, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds and fish!

I saw yet another cat on a local shelter's web site that was given up because breeders shitted out a brat. sad smiley Breeders suck!
Anonymous User
July 28, 2007
Animals are awesome!

When it comes to babies for me, 4 legs(fins, scales, wings, too) good, 2 legs bad.

Breeders are sickening.
July 28, 2007
I despise breeders who dump their pet once the loaves come along.

Give me dogs over sprogs any day.
leaning toward childfree
July 31, 2007
Sorry for such a long post--

I also hate when breeders give up their pet. My parents had a collie, Rufus, before my older brother was born. He passed away when I was very little, but my parents always talk about him like he was an older brother. They still get a wistful look in their eye when they speak of him. They got a kick out of his interactions with the family. I literally cannot imagine a family without a pet.

However, sadly, life happens. I know of some people who had to make the very difficult decision to give up a pet. There was one who had a job opportunity that was once in a lifetime, and the only apartment she could afford in the state where her job was did not allow pets. She managed to get her cat into a good home through her vet. I know another woman who had lupus and the litter box was stressing her immune system...
My parents once had a dog that attacked everything that moved. They were literally afraid this dog was going to kill a neighbor's dog, or the neighbor himself when he was jogging. They took the dog to a trainer, and the trainer said that she couldn't train the dog. She took it, but I don't know what happened. They also had another dog that barked all the time. They tried everything, training, medication (this was before shock collars) and this dog just kept barking and barking. The police were getting involved. So, they went to the trusty vet, and the vet hooked Sammy the Samoyed up with a couple who lived on a farm. The couple sent us letters semi-regularly, telling us all about how happy Sammy was following the farmer and his wife around the farm, barking to his hearts content, and then falling asleep in between the TV and the fireplace.
Our last letter we received told us Sammy had passed away, at age 15, curled up in his accustomed spot between the TV and the fireplace.

Everyone I know who had to give up an animal felt truly terrible about it, and did their best to make sure the animal would be happy. That, of course, is not what most breeders do, but I really feel for someone who couldn't help it, which sometimes happens. I would hate to give up my cat, but if my mother was elderly, and had nowhere else to go, and she's deadly allergic to cats (nothing that can be cured with Benadryl, she can't breathe) it would be difficult to find a compromise.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login