Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do Not tell your kid off because of maddy

Posted by mercurior 
Do Not tell your kid off because of maddy
July 25, 2007
Police tell mother: Don't scold daughter 'because of Maddy'
Last updated at 15:54pm on 25th July 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=470766&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Ruth Ball and her four-year-old daughter Leigha

A mother who scolded her tantrum-throwing daughter in a shop was outraged to be visited at home by police who told her it was inappropriate to reprimand the girl in the light of Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Ruth Ball was at home when police officers knocked at her door and and ticked her off about the way she had chastised four-year-old Leigha.

The 24-year-old was told that the method she had used to reprimand Leigha was "inappropriate" in the light of Madeleine's disappearance from her family's holiday apartment in Portugal.

Ms Ball was at a newsagent in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, when Leigha started screaming after being refused sweets.

She swept her daughter out of the shop and put her in the car to calm down, standing a couple of feet away with her three-year-old son Jack.

A few minutes later she got into the car and drove the family home, thinking no more of it.

The following day a policeman visited her at her home in Luton to tell her off.

The officer said it was inadvisable to shout at her daughter and shut her in the car after what happened to missing Madeleine

Ms Ball, who works as a care assistant, said: "I'm deeply sorry for what has happened to Madeleine, but why should I let my daughter get away with things because she was abducted?

"I am trying to raise two decent human beings, even though I have been advised by the police to let them run riot, turn into thugs and help keep the prison population going when they're older.

"Kids learn young. If they learn now that kicking, hitting and screaming gets what they want, what are they going to do when they're adults?"

Ms Ball added that she was shocked that somebody had taken down her numberplate and called police - but even more shocked that officers had visited her at home.

Ms Ball said: "Even the police officer said he didn't see the point in him being here. He had to come and show his face and tell me not to tell her off."

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: Do Not tell your kid off because of maddy
July 25, 2007
W?! T?! F?!
So now, because some irresponsible parents seem to have an abducted child as a direct result of leaving the now missing child ALONE in a HOTEL ROOM in a STRANGE CITY, it's suddenly wrong to discipline your child by removing them from the scene, sitting them in the car alone for a few moments while you are watching a couple feet away and then taking them home? Can anyone hip me to the logic of this?
July 25, 2007
yes.. it does sound like the mother did the right thing, took the kid out of the store, told it off.. but some doo gooder passed on her number plate..

she seems to be a halfway sensible woman.

but yes its a WTF? moment.. "The 24-year-old was told that the method she had used to reprimand Leigha was "inappropriate" in the light of Madeleine's disappearance from her family's holiday apartment in Portugal.

Ms Ball was at a newsagent in Dunstable, Bedfordshire, when Leigha started screaming after being refused sweets.

She swept her daughter out of the shop and put her in the car to calm down, standing a couple of feet away with her three-year-old son Jack. "

not 50 feet, not in a restaurant, but a few feet away...

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 25, 2007
So take the kid home and slap the shit out of it in private.

And tell the kid if it tells the authorities, that the monsters under their bed are going to get them.

Problem solved!
July 25, 2007
at least the mother didnt leave the child screaming and took it out of there, and punished it by sitting it in a car alone.. but thats wrong..apparently, any child can do anything. even the police man say its a waste of time. only the interfering cow who reported it.. thought it was a problem..

July 26, 2007
WTF? This woman sounds like a PNB ( a dying breed) and this is what she gets?
July 26, 2007
luckily i think she found it to be quite funny, thumbs up to her in dealing with her child in the manner she did. its a nosey busy body..thats to blame

July 27, 2007
well they were talking about this on the bbc news today, and the male co host said, wellit makes you not want kids and, i am never having children, the women co host then said watch this space..

implying that he will change his mind.

This woman did the right thing and gets bad publicity for doing so.

The pair of prats the McCann's left three children unattended one got abducted whilst they fed their faces with friends 500 yards away from their offspring. Now they have still not gone back home to live, still not gone back to work as doctors and have travelled Europe seeking attention, and that is looked upon as OK.

I know who is the better parent!
I wish I knew Ruth's address, I'd send her a "thank you for being your child's parent, not buddy!" card (hasn't Hallmark started making this niche area card YET?????).

I'm sure the busybody was some worn down, brat-pleasing shlub.

Butt out, bimbo!

Happy weekend to the rest of the CF!!!!
This is what is wrong with the world today.This lady is obviously a true old school parent not a stupid breeder moo like the majority of what you see today,and didn't deserve this.
Our mom is just like her.We all grew up to be good productive citizens.I have a theory that people that get their fair share of ass whuppins when they are growing up never end up being criminials.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login