Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slightly ot, but this has sickened me.

Posted by mercurior 
slightly ot, but this has sickened me.
July 27, 2007
dont look at the link, unless u want to cry or get bloody furious, if i catch those bastards.. i will deal with them..

Brave mongrel survives horrifying crossbow attack
Last updated at 14:56pm on 27th July 2007

Comments (3)
http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/posting.php?2

A brave mongrel was twice shot in the head by callous thugs - with a crossbow.

Amazingly, the friendly brindle mongrel, named Beau by nurses at the veterinary surgery, survived the vicious attack which left two crossbow bolts embedded in her skull.

It is thought Beau, who has only just been taken out of intensive care after a major two-hour operation, was fired at by two disgusting yobs at point blank range.

Lovable Beau was handed in to vets in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, by police on Wednesday night. She was found by a member of the public at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park in Wakefield, with the devastating injuries.

She was given urgent pain relief when she was handed to shocked staff at the animal hospital.

And she underwent the drastic surgery on Thursday morning to remove the distinctive bolts.

Staff believe she was shot by two yobs at the same time because the bolts went in at different angles.

Angry vet Steve Dixon, of Calder Veterinary Group, said: "We think there were two people firing two separate crossbows at the same time at point blank range. There is no way she would have just sat there after being hit by the first one."

He added: "In all my years as a vet I have never seen anything like this. It's disgusting. It's one of the most extreme cases of cruelty I have ever encountered. It is easy to tell when dogs are in a horrific amount of pain since they fail to eat and have a high heart rate."

Mr Dixon said: "I think at the time it must have been incredibly painful for her and she didn't eat until after the operation but she was surprisingly calm and brave."

He said that one of the bolts has gone in above the eye at the top of the head leaving Beau with nasty grazing on her nose.

The second bolt went in behind the right eye and came out under the left ear.

After surgery to remove the bolts, Mr Dixon said: "We don't know her name, she should probably be called Lucky - although we have named her Beau. One of the bolts was four or five inches into her skull, quite near the brain.

"It's amazing that it missed all the vital parts of her head as it went straight through the middle. It just goes to show how lucky we are that dogs have quite small brains."

He added: "It's likely that, because it's such a friendly dog, it has been beckoned towards whoever has shot it and they have then shot it at point blank range twice in the head - they've tried to kill it.

"There is an argument that this sort of thing is just a step away from shooting people, because they think they can get away with it."

Beau, who will be kept at the hospital for four or five days, is thought to be around four years old and has some skin conditions, suggesting she may have been homeless for a while although staff are appealing for a possible owner to come forward.

The crossbow arrows were maroon coloured aluminium with silver tips and red and yellow fletchings.

Mr Dixon added: "These are quite distinctive arrows so there can't be many people wandering around with a pair of these crossbows."

A police spokeswoman said: "We would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time, or anyone who has any information about this to contact us on 0845 6060606

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: slightly ot, but this has sickened me.
July 27, 2007
This is fucking sickening. I wish I could get a crossbow and repay the fuckers in kind. Any cunt who'd do this do a defenceless animal should be fucking flayed.
Anonymous User
July 27, 2007
All I want is five minutes with those bastards. I'll tear them apart with my bare hands, and THEN, I'll get mean. Fucking losers should die horribly.
July 27, 2007
And all I want to do is be able to punch a deserving person in the face once in a while, but nooooo that'll get me throwed in jail. However, nowdays folks can abuse animals to their hearts content with no serious consequences. It really makes me wanna...well...punch someone right in the face.
These animal cruelty cases really, really disturb me. You just gotta wonder what humans bring to the table.
Anonymous User
July 28, 2007
If I ever got hold of those should have been aborted shit bags, they would WISH they only got shot in the head with a crossbow. Fucking humans; and kids are supposed to be sooooooooooooooooooooo wunnerful. angry flipping off kids!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login