Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is so sad...

Posted by Leaning toward childfree 
Leaning toward childfree
This is so sad...
July 27, 2007
Reading about this outraged me. It also made me cry. What a travesty of justice.

Read here:
http://www.crimemagazine.com/daycare.htm

and here:
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/mcmartin/michaelsevil.html

At least now people are rethinking this. Not that it will change anything. Another century, another witch hunt.
Re: This is so sad...
July 27, 2007
we had our own in the Uk, some really dumb stories was beleived.. it ruined an entire community.. this was in the 1990's

http://www.skepticfiles.org/rumor/ms160990.htm

A list of "satanic indicators" was sent by Ms Klein to help social
workers. Classic signs and symptoms are said to include an unusual
preoccupation with urine and faeces, fear of ghosts and monsters,
aggressive play, and the child being "clingy", reciting nursery rhymes
with indecent overtones, suffering from nightmares and bed wetting,
preoccupation with "passing gas", using mouth to make "gas sounds" and
wild laughter when the child or someone else "passes gas".

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
July 28, 2007
I remember when I was a kid, it was a big thing to be afraid of 'Devil Worshippers'. The churches all gave pamphlets out to be leery of anyone, like there was a Satanist around every corner. We especialy heard about it on Hallowe'en. Then a few years later, and you heard nothing about Satanists, like they all disappeared, LOL. When I look back, it's just so weird.
leaning toward childfree
July 30, 2007
Wow. If those are the signs of satanic ritual abuse, then every kid I know, including me, is a a victim.
You know another thing kids do? talk to themselves. Loudly and often. Why don't we just diagnose all the kids who talk to themselves as schizophrenic and give them powerful anti-psychotics?
And I'm sorry, but I know that there can't be that many satanists hanging around. And I know the statistics show one in every three little girls is molested, and every one in five little boys. Are there really that many pedophiles lurking around? As a rape victim myself, I don't want to take the issue lightly, but man, that would mean that maybe 30% of our population is made up of pedophiles.
Of course, rape is a crime of power, not sex.
July 30, 2007
one story ages ago, around here where i live was a flasher who flashed at children and their mothers. so mum is picking me up from school (walking), and he jumps out, and flashes.. and she bursts out laughing, and and points..

needless to say he never did that again.

the hysteria about pedophiles is just that, hysteria. its not one in 3 its one in 3 who were asked. which is different. the phrase lies , damn lies and statistics come to mind.

child abuse is real, but it isnt as great as society tells us. but it is an indicator, of the mistrust of society.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/3483/

people are not going into teaching (males especially), for fear of being labelled, and so on..

leaning, thats what they are doing, ritalin, and the other ilk.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 31, 2007
Small-mindedness can cause a lot of problems in the world. *SIGH*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login