Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kick-ass complaint on Deviantart!

Posted by Tahki [N.L.I.] 
Tahki [N.L.I.]
Kick-ass complaint on Deviantart!
July 28, 2007
No. No, I won't.

I don't have and never will have kids. End of story.

The only maternal instincts I have, are protective ones. You can easily overpower me when trying to steal my purse, but if I see you attack a child, it's very unlikely you'll be able to have one of your own in the future, if you fail to outrun me. Other than that, I have absolutely zero desire to have anything that even remotely close resembles a baby. Reasons why?

Freedom. Me likes. Ik want to be able to run out the door right now and catch a movie, rather than having to arrange a sitter.

Same goes for last-minute vacations. I want to go on a whim without worrying about the kids' school, or wheter the place is kid friendly. And even if it is kid friendly, I'd still have to keep an eye on junior so he won't drown in a pool, runs off with strangers, or attempts to eat my sunscreen.

Shopping. Need I say more? yes, I know it's a matter of raising the properly, but like adults, children sometimes get up on the wrong side of the bed. If they start screaming, I'd have to drag them back home (I wouldn't turture the other shoppers by staying) and then I can start over again. Sigh...

Expenses. Unlike most fairytales would like you to believe, that little bundle of joy can't survive on love and sunshine alone. It needs clothing, food, diapers, medical care and the list goes on and on.

Freedom, part two: I don't just like the freedom to run off on a whim, I also like the freedom to spend my free time as I please. I love to sleep in on the weekends or just relax on the sofa all day and write on my stories or work on my art. I fail to see how I can do that with a kid (let alone two) who's screaming my head off or insists on putting his fingers into an electrical outlet every five minutes.

My carreer. I have yet to find a job, but if I do, I do NOT want to turn into one of those women who sheepishly tell their boss that they need a day off because little Jimmy is sick again.

My parents and grandparents have basically accepted it, but every now and then I still get that "you'll see..." talk and I feel like smashing my head against a wall.

--

This girl wins my AWESOME stamp...grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login