Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Married, Successful and Happy to Be Child-Free

Posted by catmeow 
Married, Successful and Happy to Be Child-Free
July 28, 2007
More and More Couples Are Choosing to Not Have Children: http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/AmericanFamily/story?id=3413039

Some great comments follow the story! smiling smiley
Re: Married, Successful and Happy to Be Child-Free
July 30, 2007
I was glad to read positive comments for a change rather than the barrage of nasty moos who attack the childfree on most public news forums when this issue comes about. Remember what happened when KidFreeLuvinLife posted on that magazine site about divorced dads and how many deal with the horrid ex-wives just to see the children.

However, one woman had to make a comment about "women murdering their babies via abortion" yet said she was not selfish to be childfree. I notice how people, especially FEMALES, have to get their digs in about women who abort being selfish.Well...this bitch is a ticking time bomb as she could be one of the women whose birth control can fail unless she is confirmed to be sterile. If that happens, Pennilane will no longer be CF but will be a breeder-by-force.

Here is my post:

Pennilane should not attack women who abort if she does not want our choice to be childfree attacked. Birth control is not fail-proof and many kinds of contraception can be considered an abortifiacient. Back to the topic, I am glad to see more positive comments as I am also childfree-by-choice. On too many news or magazine sites, we do get attacked badly by parents about your decision to not have children. I've noticed how many parents do feel we have somehow insulted them by not breeding as if we have disrespected them by avoiding those babies. Having children does not guarantee "love" or a caregiver in old age. Anyone ever notice the toddler or teen in public who tells his/her mother how s/he hates her??? Or...how there are so many nursing homes and siblings who fight over who "has" to take care of Mother or Father???

My ID on that site is Ms.Lucumi...
July 31, 2007
I also posted. Good article!!!

I liked the post from the woman who wrote "Why don't you do an article on people who don't want to be doctors......" She has a very good point. It's as if we need validation to be Childfree.

One thing DID piss me off, though. It's the same comments of the breeders and their little opinions with, "Not everyone is parent material" or "having kids is not for everyone."

They act as if they are giving a compliment, but I feel it is more of a dig. Who are they to make such a blanket statement? Just because they bred does NOT qualify them as "pahrunt material" or being able to be a good parent.

To those breeder parents and your little coments: First, a big FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!! What makes you the authority on judging who would be a good parent and who would not? Most Childfree people would make better parents than the assholes who actually HAVE them!

I pity the person who ever comes at me with such a statement.
July 31, 2007
I totally agree, KFLL. I am also sick of the breeders and their comments of how not all people are meant to be parents and children aren't for everyone. It IS a backhanded compliment which is a dig as you mention, KFLL. If those with kids really want to be "nice" and supportive, they can stop trying to butt in when it comes to others who have chosen a different path in life. Articles should not have to be written to "explain" us childfree people as if we are lepers or somehow deviant. The biggie is breeders doing their fare share on the job. That would really show "support" for those who do not have kids!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login