Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Perfect Example

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Perfect Example
August 06, 2007
In my area, there is a very big music festival going on right now. Saturday night, SO and I were watching a Blues/Jam Band performance. Certainly nothing a young child would be interested in, but low and behold, in walk The Breedersons with their 3 kids in tow, trademark red wagon hauling kids and all their crap. Boy was about 5 and girls 3 and 2 maybe. And the shit started. And it was right in fucking front of us, too. Cute kids but what a pain in the ass they were. And why? What 5, 3 and 2 year old wants to sit and listen to Blues Jam? Blues Clues maybe!

Breeders took up an entire aisle, no one could get through. The performance was spent with the parents corralling the youngest girl, passing the 2 and 3 year olds back and forth between the pahrunts and the grandpahrunts. After the 2 year old proceeded to hit her father in the face, he calmly picked her up and placed her in the wagon. No correction, nothing. Then the 3 year old started. She stood on a chair in front of this man and stared at him for what seemed like hours. He finally asked the moo to have her stop it. The 5 year old wasn't too bad except when it was time to go to the potty. He made a huge production out of it, whining, hanging onto the wagon while the moo tried to pry him off, I don't even think the kid HAD to go to the bathroom, it was as if moo was telling him he had to go. This shit went on for an entire hour, at least.

This was CLEARLY a performance where the brats should not have been - can you say TOO YOUNG FOR BLUES JAM????? They were bored out of their little skulls, and rightfully so. Their bullshit and the parents bullshit was nothing but a fucking distraction to everyone around them. But hey, the pahrunts got to be there so who cares if the evening was ruined for everyone around them? The pahrunts couldn't even enjoy themselves. What's the point? Take the little fuckers to the kiddy section of the festival or leave them home!
Anonymous User
Re: Perfect Example
August 06, 2007
Ugh, I'm sorry you had to experience something like that, KFLL. I got lucky this weekend (Went out to eat and the movies without any Breeder or Brat issues!), but I feel for you. There are very few concerts that are child appropriate, I just don't know when people will get that.

Getting your child interested in Jazz and Blues music is great (as opposed to some of the crap that's out there), but these lessons should first be taught away from the public, in the privacy of your own home. Once your child is mature enough to behave in a public setting like the rest of us, then you can take them to a concert and reap the benefits of not only them, but everyone around them, being able to enjoy it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login