Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More School Tax Bullshit

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
More School Tax Bullshit
August 06, 2007
Take a gander at this article. Take a long deep breath first. No, it's not a new article but the scary thing is, IT'S BEING TALKED ABOUT.

http://www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2006/04/27/News/335861.html

A fucking PROPERTY TAX CREDIT FOR PEOPLE WHO HOMESKOOL?????? WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT?

What about school tax credits for those without kids?

"For one thing, we can educate our children for a lot less" than $5,000 each, Duggar said." Well Mr. Duggar, when the parent teaching the shitlings is as dumb as a box of hair, I don't see a big savings there whatsoever.

Can you imagine if this shit is passed? Every other fucking state will be on the bandwagon wailing and singing the blues how PAHRUNTS needs MUUUUNEY to raise their broods. There won't be a single kid left in any of the schools should something like this go through.

And the Childfree will once again, take it up the ass.
Re: More School Tax Bullshit
August 06, 2007
Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

Why hasn't someone razed Arkansas and salted the earth so nothing will grow there as a lesson to the stupid breedersons to stop being such stupid asshole breeders?
Annie
August 06, 2007
I don't mind Arkansas being razed, just tell me the date so I'll get the hell out. Trust me, the U.S. won't miss the state at all.

AND there will be on less loser state to deal with. Some other state will have to say, "Thank God for Mississippi," (I think this was Arkansas' unofficial state motto), whenever it's near the bottom of the barrel re: literacy, healthcare, I.Q., etc.

WHY DON'T THE CHILDFREE GET ANY TAX BREAKS???? WE DON'T FOUL THE ENVIRONMENT THE WAY BREEDERS DO, WE DON'T KILL OUR KIDS (BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THEM), NOR DO WE OVERWHELM THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM?

TAX FREEDOM FOR THE CHILDFREE!!!!!!!

(It's Monday, campers, thanks for letting me vent.!)
August 06, 2007
i have a slight objection to homeschoolers, done right i have no problem, but there is a very big danger of creating a seige mentality, if these duggar children are taught that they have to have 17 children, they will know no different.. what else could be taught, its ok to stone gay people.. its ok to hate anyone else not of your skin/race/sex.

i say there should be a legal test if they want to homeschool, to see whats being taught. if the kids fail.. send em to school..

as feh said.. "They'll have an entire little town of Duggars"
Well, fortunately it will probably end up being a compound, and once their (ex?) senator daddy loses his next election, or dies, they'll probably implode and end up in an altercation with the ATF, and we know how well that ALWAYS ends up.".. i think the koresh cult homeschooled their kids and maybe jim jones bunch too..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CF VTer
August 06, 2007
If anything, parents should pay a lot more than the CF for public education, not be given tax credits for it. What's wrong with those breeders, anyway?

I'm okay with a base education tax, but if The Fat Family Breederson needs 5 kids, they can pay 5 times what I pay.
August 06, 2007
I have always believed that breeders should pay an amount per kid. For example, if it takes $10,000 per kid, breeders should pay $10,000 for one, $20,000 for two, $30,000 for three, and so on. It doesn't matter whether the education/indoctrination is at a public school, private school or at home--the breeders pay per kid.

That's the way it should be for medical insurance, too! Yes, the premiums should be per person, not a family premium that covers an unlimited number of kids.

Under my plan, the Duggars would pay super big bucks!
August 07, 2007
Annie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't mind Arkansas being razed, just tell me
> the date so I'll get the hell out. Trust me, the
> U.S. won't miss the state at all.
>
> AND there will be on less loser state to deal
> with. Some other state will have to say, "Thank
> God for Mississippi," (I think this was Arkansas'
> unofficial state motto), whenever it's near the
> bottom of the barrel re: literacy, healthcare,
> I.Q., etc.

When I worked in a call center dealing with auto loans, I dealt with many callers from Arkansas. Good God, talk about a state full of illiterate people! I swear most of them have done some inbreeding. I knew someone who became quite well-off for "being in the right place at the right time" despite only getting a two-year AA degree from community college. The man was still very much Arkansas despite his fancy job, high income, Lexus, and a home & family in one of the area's priciest gated communities. It goes to show anyone can make a 7-figured salary despite being so dumb! Success is often about who you know or marry...
Anonymous User
August 09, 2007
I don't like the homeschool mentality because much of the time, people homeschool because they think their kid is too good for public school--the kid is too smart, too moral (usually means Christian), whatever to go to public school. Gag us with a spoon!

I mean, yeah, there are smart kids. There are smart-kid schools, and not all of them are private.

And how's your kid supposed to be a moral tower when the only reason they always do the right thing is because it's the only choice they have???

I actually posted on a thread about homeschooling, and a couple things I pointed out to people:

1. For the people going on about how they want to instill their own knowledge and/or values into the kid, I reminded them that learning does not stop when the kid walks out the school door and the parents can easily teach the kid whatever they want once it gets home.

2. For the people who said how their school experience was oh-so-bad and they wish they'd been homeschooled, I pointed out that mine was no bed of roses either but I was sure glad I found out in school that I'm the odd duck out, and how to deal with it, than in my adult life when it REALLY mattered. I mean, sure. Let's take a socially-inept kid and make them MORE socially-inept because all they have to do all day is stay home with mommy and/or daddy....
August 10, 2007
i think school can teach a valuable lesson, and i dont mean with teachers.

children can be little shits, it teaches them that you have to strive or find your place in the world. my school life wasnt fun, but i turned out ok..

k12144, i worry about whats being taught in homeschools, if they are a neo nazi would they teach black history, or avoid it, etc.. if they were a radical muslim, homeschooling, what is being taught.

i think there shuld be a test once a year to see whats being taught. i have been called fit to burn by a homeschooler (american acutary.. actually). he got insulting, and he was closed minded.. which he will teach his child..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
k-man
August 10, 2007
The homeskoolers in Arkansas who advocate this property tax credit don't understand what's coming. (Would that surprise anyone here who knows about the Duggars?) If it passes, it will open the door to much more state regulation of homeschoolers as a condition of getting the credit, assuming that the Arkansas government works like the federal or any other state government would. In case these people have never noticed, governments tend to assume they have first claim on your money, and if they let you keep some of it through a credit, that is the same as cutting you a check. And accepting a credit, let alone a real check, means accepting government conditions including regulations.

That's why the school voucher initiative failed in California some years back: teachers' unions threatened to sue to require private and parochial schools that accepted voucher money to meet all the federal and state regulations that public schools had to meet. Several private and parochial schools there said in response that they would therefore not accept voucher money if the initiative passed, which effectively killed its support.

I have long had a problem with homeskoolers for the reasons the rest of you have mentioned. If Moo and Duh can't add two numbers without a calculator, can't write a coherent sentence, and believe the world was literally created in seven days about 5,000 years ago, how—and what—the heck are they going to "teach" their kyds at home? But in some instances I have seen and known of personally, children are being brutally abused at home, or obvious mental or emotional issues are not being properly treated, because the child is "homeschooled" and does not have normal contact with public school personnel or other adults who could intervene.

One example was a coworker's 12-year-old homeskooled neighbor girl, who was seldom seen outside her house and seemed abnormally withdrawn and shy around others. We've all seen news stories about nasty long-term parental abuse of children, and often neighbors in such instances will similarly say that they seldom saw the kids outside the family's house. The coworker, who had experience in such issues, said the girl displayed the classic symptoms of sexual abuse at home. Because she passed annual tests from the local school system affirming that she was performing at her grade level, authorities' hands were tied without direct evidence of abuse. But as the coworker pointed out, what's to stop the parents from doing the school system tests for her if she simply takes them at home without outside supervision? Great, more nookie for daddy! sad smiley

(Even worse, my state has available to religious nuts a total religious-based exemption from any schooling—even homeskooling. Few people seem to use this, but it's on the books. At least one example is known of brutal abuse leading to the death of the child by people using this total exemption.)

In a few RARE cases, a truly gifted child may do best with homeschooling by enlightened, educated parents when the school system fails to give that child the educational opportunities it should get, and most public school systems fail miserably with such children. But such cases are relatively few. People here are right to be suspicious of most homeskooling.
k-man
August 10, 2007
Just looked closely at the Arkansas News link. The story is from 2006, so it isn't new.

Revealing quote from our buddy Jim Bob Duggar of the 17: he says he is educating his brood for far less than the $5,000 each annually it would cost the local school system. Serious homeschoolers will tell you that doing a proper job of homeschooling is actually pretty expensive. It isn't a way to save money compared with sending the kyds to private school if you do it correctly.

I assume that ol' Jim Bob got his house set up as a church to exempt himself from property taxes after this story appeared.
August 10, 2007
I also agree homeschooling is not easy and expensive if done properly, k-man. Many non-religious parents are now going the homeschool route due to the shit the public schools have become despite taking it up the asses via out taxes to pay for government school. K-Man, you are right with your other post how many of us are suspicious of homeskooling as it is a way to keep the kids indoctrinated into that Christian shit. I knew a Catholic woman who bashed her husbands USF (University of San Francisco) education despite him being a lawyer and supporting her stay-at-home ass. The UberMoo had no education except maybe high school and was homeskeweling her sprogs saying that even the rigid Catholic school was too rigid. Many people do claim a church status for other motives than to minister to others. I also certain UberBreeder Duggar set up his home as a "church" to escape taxation...
August 10, 2007
I changed my mind about homeschooling when the school district demanded my friend put her perfectly normal 7 year old on ritalin because...he was squirmy and inattentive...LIKE ALL 7 year olds who aren't on ritalin. Yes, he was a weird kid with a lisp who had problems staying on task and sitting still, but certianly not to an abnormal or disruptive level. I babysat him quite often and found that if you just reminded him that he needed to pay attention and sit still, much like my teachers did very often with me and my friends, he would.

With the numbers of kids on prescribed mind altering drugs these days, I have a sneaking suspicion that schooling now is more about how to be a part of the herd, and more importantly how to NOT be inquisitive or different from the herd or be a good consumer. And if you manage to break away from the herd you either get the beat down, or drugs. I guess if you're lucky you might get shuttled off to an "alternative" school.

I'm not saying here that most people who home school aren't insane religious bigots, because they probably are. However, I could see how an independent thinking person might decide that traditional public schooling wouldn't work out with their inquisitive or odd child, or with their family ethics of activism, questioning authority or independent thought.
August 13, 2007
MOST teachers (and I know there are exceptions like our friend Sherz here on this board, some others out there, and some people I know personally) don't want to deal with the kids. They want to show up, get paid, work 5 days a week, have summers off, have a hefty school year vacation schedule, reap their fabulous benefit package, and retire with a lofty retirement package.

They want the kids to sit smiling and quiet behind their desks, get all A's, and learn everything on their own.

Very few teachers actually give a shit about the kids.

And the ones that do, are constantly dealing with pain in the ass parents.

Where is the happy medium?

I too, agree that parents should pay taxes PER CHILD. This bullshit of 4 and 5 kids is for the birds. Everyone else picks up the slack because not only are they NOT paying per kid, but they get tax breaks on top of it.
August 13, 2007
a psychic on drink and or drugs .. thats happy medium. LOL

i had a few teachers who inspired passion in me, they taught me not just the lesson but to enjoy the knowledge. a lot of teachers like to teach by rote, its harder to teach children how to learn. rather than regurgitate blind facts.

thats one of the problems with homeschoolers, theres no critical thought.

k-man
August 13, 2007
I agree with Feh that sometimes homeschooling is the best option, and obviously public school systems are pretty sorry in many areas. The big problem with homeschooling too often is the Catch-22: the same parents who were products of those lousy schools are the ones who want to try homeschooling. In other words, they didn't get such a great grasp of the 3 Rs and science in school for whatever reason (school or themselves), but they're going to teach their kyds the same subjects?

Actually, schooling always has been about how to be part of the herd, as Feh put it. Look over some of teacher John Taylor Gatto's writings about the history of American education and some other criticisms, and you will realize that public schooling was intended to produce interchangeable factory and clerical workers who knew just enough to do their jobs without asking too many questions about their place in life and why those in power were in power.

Over the years the schooling has become ever more dumbed down, and in the meantime the factory jobs have gone overseas. This has led to kyds fresh out of school who cannot figure out how to make change without a cash register doing the computation, and businesses now commonly complain that the dumbing down has gone too far. Toyota decided not to place a new plant in Alabama in part because potential employees could not comprehend written instructions for operating machinery, but required pictures instead. The new plant went to Canada instead.

I should add that some strange, far-left political beliefs are common in education departments at universities, which is where today's teachers come from. That has led in part to the nasty egalitarianism in schools that screws over bright and gifted children in particular. As a result, today's teachers are a far different breed from their counterparts of, say, 30 years ago.

It doesn't follow from this that homeskooling is the answer for many. In fact, over the last few years we have had a rash of breeders suddenly yanking their kyds out of public school to "homeskool" to escape suspension or other punishment after Widdle Pwecious caused disruption. These were BNPs making excuses for their child's bad behavior, as opposed to the school being unfair in any way. Enough such incidents occurred that state legislators raised questions about whether rules were needed to prevent moos and duhs from forestalling school disciplinary procedures in this way. In the end nothing changed. This does raise further issues with homeskooling, though.
August 14, 2007
Oh great Gods MWR, that must have been pure hell for you. My sympathies.
August 14, 2007
married with rabbits Wrote:

> Oh, and of course the mexicans whispered about me
> in spanish and giggled behind my back. Not to
> mention the little chico who made moon eyes at me
> and asked about my boyfriend, but couldn't speak
> another word of english beyond that.
>
> Tell me again why we need this mexican labor in
> the USA?
>
> At least yesterday at the bookstore I saw a
> mexican woman buying a book on how to speak
> english. That's more than I can say for most.

Exactly!!! Most of these people are the laziest people around. I know one who isn't but I do believe the man is an anomaly who wants a better life in the USA and has worked his ass since he was 14 off to start his business rather than demand handouts. The little chicos and chicas love to whisper about us in OUR OWN country and act like little shits. At least, my mother is not a "puta" like most of those women. "Viva deportation, Los Chicos," would be my statement to them. No...we do not "need" Mexican labour.
August 14, 2007
We don't need Mexicans or any other illegals here. Send the crimaliens back to where they came from and have those on welfare package DVDs. The welfare skanks need something to do other than shit out brats for me to help support.
August 15, 2007
catmeow Wrote:
> We don't need Mexicans or any other illegals here.
> Send the crimaliens back to where they came from
> and have those on welfare package DVDs. The
> welfare skanks need something to do other than
> shit out brats for me to help support.

Tell me about it. I am sick of paying for the Yarmalita and our own bastard factories...yawning smiley

If the Mexican flag is so damned wonderful, these people should go back to that filthy country where they can wave that damned flag in everyone's face. angry flipping off
August 15, 2007
its the ILLEGALS that are breaking the law, i dont think we are against anyone who comes to america or the UK, and becomes a citizen, makes it their home.

correct me if i am wrong but isnt illegal immigrants, against the law. and people who break the law should be punished.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login