Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just realized something about Facebook

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Just realized something about Facebook
August 08, 2007
I registered recently to know what people I knew in high school became. I noticed that all who bred put their kid's pic as their main photo in their profile. It's like they have no identity of their own anymore. How sad is that. Yes, put it in an album, but what about you. I'm not interested to know about your kid, but about you.
Anonymous User
Re: Just realized something about Facebook
August 08, 2007
I've noticed the same thing about my childed friends. I'm glad I'm not the only one! So they're important to you, so they're a hobby, or a pastime, great. Does that mean I can put a picture of a soccer ball as my facebook picture without confusing the hell out of people?

I remember when the very first one of my classmates, and a casual friend of mine, got knocked up. She put this long introduction on her Myspace claiming that motherhood completely changed her and made her a better person and put everything in perspective. Not for nothing, but I thought you were a good person before the kid. A little easy, but a good person nontheless. Does this mean the baby made you a bad person? You had a personality and a life all your own before you got pregnant prematurely, it's just too bad you're a poor decision maker about using protection and choosing whom you slept with.
Anonymous User
August 08, 2007
Not to mention that some have common names that many people have and people change over time. Since the pics are small, how are you supposed to recognize a John Smith with a pic of his kids? I had to check a girls name in my year book to check what she looked like. I would not have recognized her just by looking at her other pictures, after accessing her profile. Anyways, she was not in my gang of friends, I would not have recognized her on the street, not that I was a snob, but because I didn't know her back then.
Anonymous User
August 13, 2007
I've noticed that trend too on various forums...
August 14, 2007
Actually, and surprisingly enough, having grown up in the Coal Region of NE PA, my classmates really weren't too bad with this - which is surprising because the whole area is very family and community-minded.

The area I live in now, however, is a different story. When I hear people talk of class reunions, it's all about how many kids they have and what the kids are up to. Who cares?
Anonymous User
August 14, 2007
That reminds me, I'm both looking forward to and dreading my ten year reunion. It's still a little ways away, but I already know I'll be brining a BINGO card along with me that night, if you catch my drift.

But it's not so much the BINGO's I'm worried about, I can handle those fairly easily. It's seeing all the girls I used to like and everyone I was friends with and then hearing about their Precious Life Investments (blagh), thus ruining my image of them. One thing is for certain, as Class Vice President, I'm making sure that the reunion is going to be adults only. Find a babysitter or stay home!
They don’t want a recent photo showing how they have let themselves go. They don’t want you to see the ragged hair, bags under the eyes, etc., that their pwecious mykacles have inflicted upon them.
Alas,the other day,I looked up my buddy,my pal on Myspace,and discovered that she became a breeder.I wanted to see her picture,and all the pics she had on her page were of her sprog.
I just happened to read an alumni magazine and saw that my freshman year roommate was already onto sprog #2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login