Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reinstating the draft...lets discuss!

Posted by Feh 
Anonymous User
Re: Reinstating the draft...lets discuss!
August 27, 2007
I would also hate to see a bunch of pacifists who, in the middle of battle, refuse to fire their guns....

And if the draft became compulsory for men AND women, guess how many pregnant chicks there'd be...and they'd just keep getting pregnant over and over until they were past the draft age.

But really, I was thinking I'd read somewhere that there's a higher percentage of spousal abusers and such in the military? It wouldn't surprise me. You get people into a group mentality, often a "good 'ol boys" mentality as the military is still mostly male (think of all the rapes you hear about in the military, not to mention the ones you DON'T ever hear about). Plus you have a profession that must attract those rigid type-A personalities who have to have everything their way, etc. etc.

(I've also heard people say that military wives are some of the worst breeders ever)
CFBitchfromLA
Re: Reinstating the draft...lets discuss!
August 28, 2007
I have family in the military on my dad's side. They are the only two childfree relatives that I have, and they are great guys. The older cousin is a pilot serving at Elmendorf in Anchorage, and the other is in the JAG (judge advocate general) corps for the Navy handling military supply contracts (BOOOORING in my opinion). Both of them went to their respective service academies and are two of the sanest men I have ever known.

Given how the military trains, I would not be surprised to find that in some cases where the recruit is already mentally ill but slipped under the radar screens may be affected by combat or the regimented life in the military. For a lot of others, like my cousins, the discipline and the training served them very well. Both are childfree men working in fields they love and happily CF married.

I do not have an opinion on the draft, but I do not think we really need one now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login