Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article Pissed Me Off

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Article Pissed Me Off
August 28, 2007
While reading Nour's link, I noticed this article. Try to get through it without vomiting.

Now look at the last paragraph. This is what chaps my ass. "Why you need at least 1 childless friend" ChildLESS? Why LESS? Why not FREE?

"Listening to your friend discuss the trials and tribulations of the dating scene (the grass isn't always greener) may make you appreciate your life a bit more"

Why is the ChildLESS friend single? No, they never write about the MARRIED CHILDFREE friend who is ecstatic with their life. Nooo. Anyone who doesn't have kids is surely unmarried, unattached, and miserable. Fuck that shit. Every MOOOOOOO must need someone in their life to tell them how WUNNERFUL they are and how GR8 their life is while going on how lousy theirs is, just so MOOOO feels good about herself and her shitty choices.

We couldn't POSSIBLY have MOOMY listen to the ChildFREE friend talk about her summers on the French Rivera, fabulous new Jag they just bought, the peace and quiet of home life and what they plan to do when they retire at 50.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/familyandparenting/babyandpregnancy/articleab.aspx?cp-documentid=5138716

Seems to me if you need those 5 DIFFERENT types of friends in your life, you must be a real high maintenance pain in the ass, and motherhood sounds like something that should be reconsidered. I'm off to stick a sharp object into my eye now...........
Re: Article Pissed Me Off
August 28, 2007
What is the moo supposed to go through a check list and say "Okay, I've got a role model, a twin, a coffee buddy, a rule breaker, a black friend and a gay friend...all I need is a childless friend"? Who the hell picks their friends like that? Oh, I forgot, assholes...and if you're an asshole, you've probably made one too.

Firstly, if you have a childless friend, you're probably rubbing your fertility in their face every freaking day with your constant blather about your stupid children. Stop it, or you won't have a childless friend any more.

Secondly, if you seek a child-free friend for the following reasons, please follow the advice:
"pals link you to your former life. They bring out interests and passions that may have been dormant for a while; you get so used to thinking of yourself as a mom, you forget that you are also an artist, book lover, and runner."
If you've forgotten your former life, you probably have no child free pals any more, they've continued to live their lives while yours came to a screeching halt.

"You need a break from 24-7 kid thinking. It's easy to get so caught up in your baby's world that you don't take time for anything else. Some dishing on adult life"
Please remember this with your child free (and possibly child less) friends. They may not want to hear about your kids, they may indeed be interested in YOU as a person, not YOU as a baby machine.

"They offer perspective. Listening to your friend discuss the trials and tribulations of the dating scene (the grass isn't always greener)"
See KFLL's comments on this one. I agree totally. Not all your childfree friends are going to be miserable, cat collecting, broken hearted spinsters. Many may be in happy relationships, which you should observe. Don't forget, someone helped make you a mommy, and that someone might like a little attention once in a while too...or they'll probably find it somewhere else.

"They admire your baby without giving advice"
Or they may not care to see your a baby at all. If they're child free, it's because they enjoy being adults who are free of children, don't inflict your children on them unless they ask.
August 28, 2007
Then there's also those of us childfree who are single and quite happy with it. I go on the occasional date with a guy, but I like the freedom of not being tied down to anyone at this point. Since most of my time is spent studying or working, I value my free time on the weekends. I can sleep in, go out with friends,or go to a party and talk to whatever guy I want because I don't have to worry about some dude getting jealous.

I'd love to edit this to say "Listening to your friend discuss the trials and tribulations of world travel, gourmet food, a clean home, great sex, hobbies..."
August 28, 2007
"I'd love to edit this to say "Listening to your friend discuss the trials and tribulations of world travel, gourmet food, a clean home, great sex, hobbies..."

heheheheheh! The trials and tribulations of a child free life are many and terrible...imagine the horror of uninterrupted sleep, the terror of loud sex, the fear of a delicious meal....
won't some body think of the children????!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login