Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ohio mom has triplets, again, says "You take what God gives you"

Posted by catmeow 
Ohio mom has triplets, again, says "You take what God gives you"
August 30, 2007
Ohio mom has triplets, again
August 30, 2007

CINCINNATI --Already the proud parents of triplets, Victoria and Tim Lasita had decided they wanted to have "one more."

"I guess we should have been more specific and said one more child, not one more set," said Victoria, 39, who delivered the couple's second set of triplets Wednesday after 34 weeks of pregnancy.

The Lasitas conceived both sets of triplets naturally, without fertility treatments.

"Holy smokes. Do you know what the odds of that are?" said Dr. Glen E. Hofmann, medical director of the Bethesda Center for Reproductive Health and Fertility.

The answer: about one in 8,000 for a woman to have triplets naturally, and about one in 64 million of her repeating the feat, according to Hofmann and Dr. Sherif G. Awadalla, medical director of the Institute for Reproductive Health in Cincinnati.

The Lasitas welcomed 4-pound, 2 1/2-ounce Casey Alexander into the world at 1:57 p.m. Wednesday, followed seconds later by 4-pound, 13 1/2-ounce Caden Bradley, and 2 minutes later by 4-pound, 9 1/2-ounce Carson Charles. All were between 17 1/2 and 18 inches long.

"Everybody seems to be doing well," said the father, 48, who watched the Caesarean-section births in a delivery room filled with 18 medical personnel.

It's still unclear when the triplets will go home to live with Jessica, Jillian and Brian, who will turn 4 in December.

Those three were born at 28 weeks, and all weighed less than 3 pounds at birth. Lung problems contributed to "a little rocky start," Victoria Lasita said, but overall, they're healthy.

The Lasitas said the new triplets will mean about 300 diaper changes a week, and about 168 bottles.

"You take what God gives you," she said. "And this is what he's decided we can handle."

The Lasitas have been married six years and have three grown children from previous marriages.

A New Brunswick, N.J., woman gave birth to her second set of naturally conceived triplets in May 2006.

"One more" meant one more set of triplets. As Victoria learned in her sex ed class, it was because God handed her the litter.

This could be another Duggar family in the making. angry smiley two faces puking
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????
This is so puke inducing. 300 diaper changes a week and 168 bottles???
Thanks for adding to the wreckage of our planet, assholes.
I hate the "but God wants me to have ten kids or I wouldn't" people. Like God wants the crack-whore down the street to have her tenth kid by a different guy that pops out addicted to crack. Yep, I'm pretty sure that was his idea. These are usually the same people who say birth control is against God.

Of course, I can also say "well, obviously God doesn't want me to have kids or he'd make the birth control fail." I mean, hell, he's God. I"m sure he can overthrow a few hormones if he wants.
Ooooh, but it's such a MERAKYL...... HORK!
Re: Ohio mom has triplets, again, says "You take what God gives you"
August 31, 2007
I cannot imagine WHY anyone would want to be pregnant again after one batch of triplets. I can only imagine the insanity in that household. I am certain most of the kids will end up in trouble from too little parental attention or frazzled from growing up in a fucking zoo...
Aw, for fuck's sake...three sprogs is way more than enough! What the fuck did they need "one more" for in the first place? Dumbasses.
September 04, 2007
I wonder if she'd be so smug and cavalier with her statement if all her BAYBEES were born with severe disabilities.
September 04, 2007
Wow, they have a magical connection to a questionable deity who tells them what it wants them to do...and they're able to walk the streets freely why? I know a guy who hangs out on a street corner ranting about the CIA and his connection to God, and hands out printed proof of this...yet some how, every couple years or so, he goes missing for a few months for "his safety".

Funny how when some homeless, poor, childless folks rant about god telling them things, they're crazy...but when breeders and the rich say god speaks to them, it's not.
Na, if they were born with disabilities, then she'd just say God made them special and they were born that way for a reason (yeah, here's the reason: you're a fucking idiot!) and talk about how they "enrich our lives" and "bring sunshine to everyone around them" and are "an inspiration to us all" and all that bullshit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login