Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chernobyl Heart...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Chernobyl Heart...
September 02, 2007
I just watched the "Chernobyl Heart" documentary [the summary: An Oscar-winning examination of the 1986 disaster at the Ukraine nuclear power plant and the effect radiation had on the local population], and it made me so sad... And MAD.

One of the doctors they interviewed said that only 15-20% of the kids are born healthy, but those people are still having lots of kids! They're born with all sorts of heart abnormalities, high rates of cancers, tumors everywhere -- and one of the babies had his brain HANGING outside of his skull in a little skin sack! The deformed babies are usually abandoned -- just dumped right on the street in some of the cases -- and have to be raised in overcrowded and under-funded children's hospitals.

These people KNOW of the dangers, and that even if they're lucky enough to have kids who look normal and appear healthy, that their genes are still damaged and they could have messed up kids, or develop future health problems. Why are any of them still breeding?! Shit like that makes it hard for me to just be able to look at the devastation and feel bad for the people whose lives were ruined, because they're going on to be such assholes.
giselle
Re: Chernobyl Heart...
September 02, 2007
Did you know that whole of the West Coast of England, Scotland and Wales were affected by the Chernobyl fallout, and that sheep are still being tested for the effect it had on the land and animals that were grazing there. The people have not been tested but there have been an increase of births with defects since that time.

I know it was much worse in Chernobyl and parts of Russia but no one seems to care about the other places that were affected by it. I don't know which other parts of Europe are affected, but I would imagine if the West coast of the British Isles are then Iceland would also have got some of the drop out.
JoJo
September 02, 2007
I wonder if the radiation is related to the incredible rise in the number of autistic children born in the last 20 years.
September 02, 2007
I feel so badly for those children-they didn't ask to be born with so many problems. Maybe for the first few years after the disaster-before it became known that there were going to be so may problems-it was excusable for the people affected to continue having kids. However, years later, after the prospective parents knew the odds were slim their kids would be safe, it's just selfishness for them to continue having kids-those kids didn't ask to be born, especially to be born with so many health problems.
k-man
September 02, 2007
JoJo said: "I wonder if the radiation is related to the incredible rise in the number of autistic children born in the last 20 years."

Hmm... (Light bulb comes on.) Interesting theory, and one I'll bet no one else has thought about. So far, thimerosal, a mercury preservative used in some vaccines, seems to be a prime suspect in the autism explosion. But synergistic effects between Chernobyl fallout and the vaccines might be at play, or the fallout alone might be the culprit.

A couple of years after Chernobyl, the British news magazine The Economist noted that roughly 40,000 more Americans than usual died during the summer of 1986, just after the disaster. The theory among some doctors was that the increase in radiation might have been just enough to send some elderly, people with weakened immune systems, etc., over the edge. Death figures in the US went back to normal for the summer of 1987.

It's not just autism, either, as learning disabilities of different sorts seem to be much more common now than before the mid-1980s. By coincidence, I know two different people in different areas who have young adult children who are broadly able to function, but are learning disabled to the point where they simply cannot handle money. As one of the parents told me about her 20-year-old son, "You give him $100 to last him the week and he'll immediately buy, say, $100 worth of Tic-Tacs. He doesn't comprehend keeping the money to pay expenses. He just can't be trusted with money."

By the way, thimerosal = Merthiolate, but without the orange dye. And you can't get Merthiolate or its cousin Mercurochrome over the counter in the US any more (to my knowledge). The warnings on Merthiolate said it wasn't for internal use, but it was routinely injected with vaccines into children. Makes you wonder...

I totally agree that people in the affected areas have no business having chyldren who are likely to have major defects or problems from the radiation. It's amazing that the radiation exposure didn't render more adults there sterile. But breeders know no bounds, as we've seen so much.
September 02, 2007
we have a mmr vaccine here, and a lot of parents think its overloading the kids system, some have linked it to mercury compounds, some say (the people working for the makers its fine).. i know where i live theres a lot of heavy metal waste, arsenic, strychnine, and other nasty stuff.. ex industrial glass making, plus we have an old chemical works that made poison gas.

and we have one of the highest genetic abnormality rates around here,

higher amount of downs and other birth defects.. and they are building houses on old toxic dumps..and wonder upon wonders they have more cancers..
the locals know only outsiders dont..

i know my family has a lot of genetic problems, my cousin just had a kid, and severly and i mean severly disabled and they live near one of these places.. coincidence.. maybe but..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
September 03, 2007
Weirdly, people hell-bent on producing more humans end up losing their humanity.
September 04, 2007
It's the same deal with breeders breeding when they know they have health problems that will most likely be passed on to their kids.

But it's the same old thing. They just HAVE to HAVE that almighty BAYBEE because after all, THEIR child wouldn't POSSIBLY be born with disabilities, that stuff happens to "other" people.

Can you BE anymore fucking selfish?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login