Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

9/11 REMEMBRANCE

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
9/11 REMEMBRANCE
September 11, 2007
Just wanted to stop and say that for anyone on this board who lost a loved one in the 9/11 attacks that you are remembered today.
Re: 9/11 REMEMBRANCE
September 12, 2007
I was working security during 9/11 at a site that dealt with communications. It was far from being an easy time for any of us on the job. I still often feel the need to talk about what it was like at work after September 11, 2001. A friend of mine had a friend whose niece was a flight attendant on the plane that crashed into the Twin Towers.
Mercs Mum
September 12, 2007
I still carry round with me the email I got from my cousin who had been in the Pentagon and I couldn't find him at all that day or the day after and felt quite distraught.

He had been in a breakfast meeting and was just driving away when the plane hit.

He lost colleagues and friends.
September 12, 2007
i had a friend, who's best friend lost her partner in the towers.

at this time there was a real idiot online, talking bout how it was the only way they could make their voices heard, etc.. and he was upsetting my friend, and me, and i ripped him a new one..

needless to say i wasnt nice, unlike i usually am on this board. and he left soon after. i am not saying it wasnt a bad thing, it was horrendous, but he had no right to say those things.

we in the uk know about terrorism, we know about the deaths, we have all been near places that had car bombs, nail bombs, so we the british know how it feels for such a thing to happen. (and btw its still going on in ireland today).

so i know how it feels, most of us brits know. terrorism only wins if they change our lives to fit in with their ideas.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
September 13, 2007
"terrorism only wins if they change our lives to fit in with their ideas."

Well, considering the changes I've seen in the US in the past 6 years, I'm going to have to be Debbie Downer and say, I think the terrorists have won.
September 13, 2007
unfortunatly, its true. i was nearly blown up twice by the ira. only due to a sixth sense, did i avoid it. at the last minute i said dont feel like going..

just look at what the terrorism has done, made less visitors into america, security has increased massively, people are suspected because of their skin colour. people who visit and like the country, feel like criminals, i know i do.

i have never been in trouble in my life, yet i feel like it.

all this security can help, but it has to be enough not an over reaction, look at the liquid bombs planned, it never happened, they just said they would do it. and now all liquids are banned unless they are bought in the terminal on the other side of the security. (the exceptions is babies milk)

look at your civil liberties, they are being eroded by the very people who are there to protect you. sometimes the cure is worse than the disease..

the london bombers, the day after everyone was back to work, saying he arent going to let some idiots beat us.. we are going to do what we were doing yesterday, and essentially fuck 'em.

i am not saying what happened wasnt horrific, but i do think sometimes the security extras cause more disruption more chaos than an actual attack.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login