Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't get a decent workout at the YMCA? Don't have children!

Posted by selidororous 
Re: Can't get a decent workout at the YMCA? Don't have children!
April 24, 2012
My parents put my sister in all kinds of activities which they had chosen for her. I was not offered any except music lessons and I could only choose from a few instruments and the one I really wanted was not on the list. I picked one but I never liked it so I sabotaged it by letting my instructor know I wasn't into it and he convinced my mother to let me stop taking lessons. My sister never resisted doing the stuff she didn't like and she turned into a dependent weirdo robot. I think many kids now are growing up like that. I'm glad I resisted but I wish my parents had allowed me to be involved in the activities that interested me. It's really mean and creepy to force interests on a kyd.
Re: Can't get a decent workout at the YMCA? Don't have children!
April 24, 2012
My parents let me pick any activities that I wanted, but it was my job to get myself to school. They came to the exhibition or whatever at the end of the year, and that was the extent of their involvement.
I wasn't allowed to play an instrument and I was never athletic, but at least I could sing and take photos.

I wish that I were allowed to do more things when I was a kid. I was a very very bored kid, until I learned how to read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login