Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compassion & Empathy from those TMC ers

Posted by Annie 
And being a moomie makes you a better person???????

0.01.07 11:15a
My child's father is in a mental institution, he tried to kill himself Friday night...selfish bastard.

me too (0)

Gee, dimwit, maybe, just maybe your child's father is in deep emotional PAIN (probably from having to deal with you). I doubt if he'd do that just to stop paying those annoying alimony/child support checks.

Take a psychology class or two, twit!

(I think this woman follows the Tom Cruise/Nancy Grace view on Psychiatric disorders - they don't exist, you just need to take more vitamins!!!!)

I really really want to go to another planet. There's got to be intelligent life somewhere else, because it sure the hell isn't here!
Anonymous User
Re: Compassion & Empathy from those TMC ers
October 02, 2007
She is just pissed that her babyees daddy wont get the kids part time to give her a break, you know shes misrable, and now she will have to watch those rodents FULL time. I love it!! stupid breeder!!
October 02, 2007
With that bitch's attitude, I'm not surprised at the father's actions. I'd probably be in the nut house too if I had to deal with such a cunt.

Hey, for all any of us know, the dad was about ready to snap and he just decided to put on a little act to convince people he was loony bin fodder so he could live away from his wife and his spawn. If anyone can help me out on this little piece of trivia, I'd appreciate it. But do parents who have been in a mental hospital get to see their children unsupervised? Dad may not have been the smartest tool in the shed when he knocked the bitch up, but if he's doing what I tihnk he's doing, he's definitely got his cards in the right order and he's a step ahead of Moo Cow.

But those could all just be assumptions my brain has formulated on my whopping two hours of sleep.
Anonymous User
October 02, 2007
Maybe I missed an earlier post about this chick, but I don't see anything wrong with expecting the babydaddy to help take care of the kids or to be a bit pissed that he tried to kill himself (I personally can understand the pain that drives people to such an act, but as I can also see from the view of someone who has to live without that person and everything that means--emotional pain, reduced income and help with the mutual responsibilities, etc.--I could understand being angry that they "took the easy way out").
Kat, I can understand your point of view. Another thing I considered was, if this guy attempts suicide to get out of obligations/responsibilities to his family, do you really want someone like this in your life?

Great role model for the kids. "I'm going to off myself whenever life gets too difficult!"

Yikes, who needs that shit?
October 03, 2007
I also understand Kat's viewpoint. Too many men will holler for those :bawl babies but act like they are doing the women a fucking favour by "watching them" from time to time. I had a friend in my support group whose husband was GLAD she quit drinking...yet the fucker complained about her meetings. Well...he wanted what he wanted when he wanted it rather than helping his wife get well. He bitched and complained anytime she went to a meeting when he was home. Man never wanted to "watch" the kids...but he wanted his wife sober. I could no longer have the lady as my sponsor because no step work or anything was going to get done other than an every-other-day call of telling her I was "fine". I needed more than that...
October 03, 2007
Annie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kat, I can understand your point of view. Another
> thing I considered was, if this guy attempts
> suicide to get out of obligations/responsibilities
> to his family, do you really want someone like
> this in your life?
>
> Great role model for the kids. "I'm going to off
> myself whenever life gets too difficult!"
>
> Yikes, who needs that shit?

I know this may sound crazy, but for most people dealing with constant, soul-crushing depression, it's deeper than just "things are hard, I'm going to try to kill myself now".

The moo's confession "My child's father is in a mental institution, he tried to kill himself Friday night...selfish bastard." kind of reminds me of my Uncle was trying to quit smoking on advice from his doctor after he'd been in the hospital twice with a bleeding ulcer. After a couple weeks his wife said "I'd rather have you smoking with a bleeding ulcer than crabby." Now that's caring. He returned to smoking, by the way.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 03, 2007
My close friend just lost his 30-something sister to suicide. She was always depressed, always troubled. She was in and out of care facilities and on medication after medication. Having 4 kids doesn't help, given her problems were apparent when I met her in high school. The family was always afraid she'd do this one day, though she never talked about it. Very sad.
October 03, 2007
Many suicidal people would never talk about or threaten it. They do not want to be stopped, talked out of it, or institutionalized for their safety, because while they might not want to actually die, it seems to be the best way to not have to live with it any more.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
October 03, 2007
True that some people are truly depressed, for sure...but not knowing these folks' background, for all we know the guy is one of those "suicidal" attention-seeking types who tries to kill himself every time he doesn't like something she does (abusive or emotionally-screwed-up men are often manipulative this way-- "but sweetheart I loooooove you, you can't leave me, I'll kill myself!"). I would never in a million years trivialize depression or those who are truly suicidal, but the fact that she can talk about it so calmly almost makes it sound like his "attempt" is bullshit and she knows it...plus doesn't the statistic go that women attempt suicide more often but men actually commit suicide more often? (suggesting that women do it for attention/to know someone cares, and men do it to actually do it...so if this guy didn't succeed, it's possible that he was doing for attention as well)
Kat, the statistics I've read about suicide are that woman may attempt suicide more than men but men usually accomplish their act more because men use more lethal means (guns, auto accidents, hanging, etc.). Women may use less lethal methods, with a better chance of being rescued (pills, halfhearted slashes across the wrists).
mercurior (NLI)
October 04, 2007
women threaten to get their own way, men just do it.

women cry for attention, men go out into the woods and end it. even death by cop route, we know how to do it and we do it
I disagree, Merc. They have a greater propensity for violence (that's not be say women can't be violent, obviously). I'm probably going to get flamed but I think men's egos tend to be more fragile and they decide, fuck it, I don't want to live. Besides, plenty of men aren't successful at suicide attempts. (Owen Wilson)

This moo is a dumbass: what does being in a mental institution have to do with being selfish? That makes no sense to me. Oh wait, he's not much of a walking wallet to her in his state.
October 04, 2007
i dont say all men are like this, but a lot are.

how come in the uk alone hundreds and thousands of men vanish every year.

men kill themselves 2 to 4 times as often as women do. how do we correlate this, is it because men are more depressed, or because they do it and are more efficient about it

http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/index.html

its not so much as they are more fragile, its they get told over and over and over they are worthless, they are scum, they are nothing. and it does depress men. society today is about pro child/pro woman.

so why do women fail to kill themselves, or do they just use it as a cry for help. so either women are incompetent, or more men are damaged by the society we live in. or is it somewhere inbetween, so are men weaker than women, if so why isnt there more help.

the reality is men who do kill (there are exceptions as ever), they do it properly. there are a few who use it as a cry for help, but a lot dont.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3106451.stm
Men were most likely to take their own lives by hanging, strangulation or suffocation

suicide of men in prisons is 5 times that of the general population and women in prisons.
http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/po/news/2004-05/sep/15.shtml

now this is from the bbc look at the wording.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/womens_health/mind_suicide.shtml

Around the world, around one million people commit suicide each year, including more than 6,000 in the UK and Ireland. Around 1,500 of these are women.

(ok that sounds bad, but 4500 are men and children)..

Although the number of young men committing suicide has increased over the past couple of decades, suicides among women have fallen.

Younger women are more likely to resort to deliberate self-harm and attempted suicide, rather than suicide itself. At least 140,000 people in England and Wales attempt suicide every year, and this number is rising dramatically, particularly among the young.

This isn't failed suicide but rather a 'cry for help', and it's most common among teenage girls. It's a mistake not to take it seriously. Many repeatedly attempt suicide and about one in 100 will die by suicide within a year of an attempt, a suicide risk approximately 100 times that of the general population.

** so a lot of studies see womens suicide attempts as cries for help, its unfortunate that men are not taken as seriously, and so it builds and builds until the man cant take more, then they do it right. (mostly) and they make sure.

http://ub-counseling.buffalo.edu/suicide.shtml

After accidents and homicides, suicide is the third leading cause of death among young adults ages 15-24. It can be prevented. Men are more likely to commit suicide than women. They usually use violent means to end their own lives. Females, on the other hand, are more likely to attempt suicide. They usually use drugs or poison to try and end their lives. You should note that a suicide attempt is a "cry for help" and a request for social support. The suicidal person is letting his/her feelings be known. His/her problems seem overwhelming and too difficult to handle.

http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/Factsheets/Suicide/

Suicide and gender

There is a disturbing disparity between suicide rates in men and women. Britain and America are the only countries in the world which have diverging trends in male and female suicides. Between 1971 and 1998, the suicide rate for women in England and Wales almost halved, while in the same period the rate for men almost doubled.[8]

At the beginning of the twenty-first century, men appear to be more vulnerable to death by suicide than ever before: suicides by men make up 75 per cent of all suicides in the UK. Suicide rates for men are higher than for women across all age groups. In the 25-44 age range, men are almost four times more likely than women to kill themselves, while men aged 45 and over are more than twice as likely to commit suicide as women in the same age range.[9] What is causing this divergence in male and female suicide rates?

** again why is the rates so different, you may say men dont talk about it, and they dont, because they know they will be ridiculed as being weak, or fragile, so it builds, until they do it.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
October 05, 2007
mercurior (NLI) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> women threaten to get their own way, men just do
> it.
>
> women cry for attention, men go out into the woods
> and end it. even death by cop route, we know how
> to do it and we do it

Nice, merc, real nice.
Women don't feel real painful emotions, all they do is pretend so they can get what they want.

--Me
October 05, 2007
did i say every woman, or every man, a lot of women according to the studies above, do it.

dont blame me blame the organisations, the universities., but as i have given evidence from studies. what i said was true (maybe not for all but a lot)

you should know that there are exceptions to everything. and i keep saying it over and over, there are always exceptions, just that men seem to kill themselves quietly. *IN GENERAL*. but if you had read the studies about suicides you will see its what the World health organisation said, and other groups.

of course, i am sure people beleive men who kill themselves are weak and losers, and that when women do it the whole of society must change.

men are disposable, 6 women kill themselves in prison outcry, 96 men kill themselves nothing is said.

read this part again this is from a professional educational authority

**Men are more likely to commit suicide than women. They usually use violent means to end their own lives. Females, on the other hand, are more likely to attempt suicide.** look at the attempt to commit suicide. emphasis is on attempt.

check out the mind site, the uk mental health charity

Around 19,000 young people attempt suicide every year and about 700 of these die as a result.

Within these statistics there is a marked gender division; young women aged between 15 and 19 years are the group most likely to attempt suicide, however, young men are much more likely to die as a result of their suicide attempt. The suicide rate in young men has doubled since 1985, making them second only to men in the 25-44 age range for suicide.

see you are saying i meant everyone, i never said that.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
No. merc, but you seem to be saying women in general, right?
Not more gender bashing, yeesh.
October 05, 2007
the facts are 2-4 times as many men die from suicide than women do. so why?

a lot of studies, say. women attempt it.

so blame me for the mental health charity, the world health organisation, the other studies produced world wide. thats ok men are disposable afterall.

i was saying exactly what these studies say. the majority of suicide attempts BY women, emphasis on attempts.. are cries for help. men rarely attempt it. they just go and kill themselves. they dont phone the samaritans and say i am going to kill myself at least not in the amounts women do.

since when do i say every woman does this, and does that.

so its female bashing when i state the facts by world wide studies. ask yourself why more men succeed in killing themselves. is it because men are better at killing themselves better at violence. but as has been said womena re equally as violent. why arent women dying at the same rate as men.

you have got to ask yourself that question. do the women fail at it more often, or are as studies have shown its a cry for help.

and this..http://www.anikafoundation.com/rise_in_suicide.shtml

in ALMOST EVERY study into suicides it has said what i said. are they all wrong.

http://www.nzhis.govt.nz/stats/suicidefacts5.html

http://www.priory.com/psychiatry/Suicide.htm

http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/3rduspstf/suicide/suiciderr.htm

this is all a symptom, now imagine it if it wasnt a man but a woman, the sympathy, but if its a man. his wife had no sympathy.

i can find hundreds more studies if you want. from diverse groups, old and young, rich and poor, of every group imaginable, and yet the same thing goes in every one of them.. women attempt it more than men, not saying they dont feel as bad. just men are better at killing themselves.

October 05, 2007
No. I quoted YOU stating, unprompted "women threaten to get their own way, men just do it. women cry for attention, men go out into the woods and end it". In my experience when one refers to 'women' or 'men' they are referring to all people of that specific gender within a group. "Women have vaginas and men have penises" is accurate. "Women are emasculating harpies and men are evil rapists" is obviously not accurate.

It was only afterwards that you pulled up studies that don't really say the same thing at all.
"the facts are 2-4 times as many men die from suicide than women do. so why?"
Yes, more men succeed at suicide than women but that doesn't mean that suicidal women are faking their emotions, or aren't actually trying to kill themselves. Men, in general, choose more effective ways of offing themselves because they may have more access to things like guns, large tracts of uncivilized land, and less of a worry about "leaving a beautiful corpse". Shooting yourself in the head is a lot harder to botch than a mere wrist slashing. It's also a lot harder to save a person who has shot themselves in the head if they are found, than if they are found in the throes of an overdose. Cops are more likely to shoot a man because they are trained and socialized, to see a man, in general, as more of a threat than a woman.

Women are more likely to go the "leave a beautiful corpse" route, because we are socialized to always think of how we appear. Wrist slashing, overdoses and carbon monoxide as vehicles for suicide just aren't as effective as guns. You really have to know what you are doing to accomplish suicide by any of these means, and you have to have a lot of alone time, which many women may not have the luxury of.

"now imagine it if it wasnt a man but a woman, the sympathy, but if its a man. his wife had no sympathy."
What does this mean? I think many people here felt sympathy for the man, who obviously was quite mentally troubled. I believe, pretty much across the board, we ripped the wife, due to her lack of sympathy for her husband.

"women attempt it more than men, not saying they dont feel as bad. just men are better at killing themselves."
What you originally said was no where near this sentiment. When you fail at a suicide, no matter what your gender, people generally see it as a cry for help for some crazy reason. If people find out you want to die even without an attempt, they seem to think you need help.

--Me
October 05, 2007
but the studies do say it, the attempts are done more by women, do you agree with that. that they use it as cries for help. do you agree with the studies.

men dont cry for help too often. its the operative words attempts, and sucess. thats the difference. are more women willing to ask for help in that way.. yes. as has been seen, by the studies i put. are men willing to do it, not as many.

the attempt is a means to an end, to get people to hear them, whereas men they are not heard as well so they kill themselves and want to end it, i know i have a few friends who just killed themselves. and once again there are always exceptions.

but if that woman didnt feel any sympathy, i am sure there are others who feel the same. anyone dying killing themselves is wrong. but as i said in studies, women, phone for help to get the attention to say i need help, help me. men dont usually do that.

the operative words are attempt, and success.

October 05, 2007
When one says things like "women do this and men do that", grammatically, it implies ALL women and ALL men.

"but the studies do say it, the attempts are done more by women, do you agree with that. that they use it as cries for help. do you agree with the studies. "
Like I said, and the studies show, women fail at suicide more often than men because men use more effective means of killing themselves.

You state that wanting to kill yourself, or trying to kill yourself, is abnormal behavior. Society says that abnormal behavior must be corrected. Thusly, when someone attempts suicide, they live to be considered abnormal and must be fixed, no matter what gender. If you are successful at your suicide, then there is no assumption of a "cry for help" or abnormality to be corrected, because corpses can not cry for help or be corrected. When more men are successful at their suicide, then there are fewer suicidal men who would be considered to have "cried for help"

"if that woman didnt feel any sympathy, i am sure there are others who feel the same."
And the point is....she doesn't feel sympathy for her mentally ill husband. Some people agree, some people disagree, thus is the wonder of human nature.

"i said in studies, women, phone for help to get the attention to say i need help, help me. men dont usually do that."
Phoning for help is not the same as not slicing your wrists deep enough in the right direction. More women may indeed access more suicide help lines than men but that's a whole other issue. Some women, who really want to die, won't tell anyone their plans for suicide because they don't want to be stopped, because they actually do want to die...some men do as well. Some men will threaten suicide till they're blue in the face without ever once attempting it...some women will as well.

--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login