Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Car Commercial Rant

Posted by Pepper 
Pepper
Car Commercial Rant
October 04, 2007
I was watching TV last night and saw a car commercial that seriously irked me (I didn't catch the brand, otherwise I'd GLADLY post it here).

In the commercial, various people catch reflections of themselves and see things that they could be doing, or maybe will be doing in the future (e.g. a waitress sees herself on what looks like a safari).

Inevitably, there's a shot of what is CLEARLY a *gasp!* CAREER WOMAN and when she catches her reflection she sees herself unloading a brood of children from a minivan.

Because, you know, it's a scientific fact that us career women are just heartless, frigid cunts who desperately need a litter of crotch droppings to make us human again. At our core, we REALLY just want to settle down and raise a bunch of kids, despite countless years of education and preparation for a successful career.

Right girls? winking smiley
Re: Car Commercial Rant
October 04, 2007
I am also tired of the idea that a waitress is just waiting for some Prince Charming to "save her" and takes her on some safari vacation.

Many servers make damned good money. There are also childfree servers. Ever have to serve a family??? From what I hear, the family men and women are the worst tippers despite running a server ragged to Shitley/Shitleigh this or that or warm those baby bottles.

Yes...I am tired of career women being viewed as sexless, frigid cunts who have no heart and need those snatchdragons to make her a "full woman" once again.

I am tired sleeping today so I am in no mood yawning smiley for foolishness...
October 07, 2007
Did you notice how depictions of women in shows and commericials is exceedingly more sexist than in the 90s? I remember that catalogs a decade ago would show, for instance, girls AND boys playing with a kitchen set, or toy construction tools. The other day, my roomate turned on some cooking channel, and there was a show that had this soccer mom type woman making food with this preteen girl. They were making drinks and cupcakes for a tea party. Everything was all pink and frilly. The girl looked a little too old for tea parties, maybe like, twelve.

We then had a discussion about how we actually missed the 90s. It wasn't perfect, but at least the media wasn't trying to manipulate women into being docile June Cleavers. Remember when you could turn on MTV and see a video for a riot grrrl band? Or even female singer/songwriter types like Jewel and Alanis Morisette. Could you imagine if Tori Amos was just starting her career in 2007? She'd never get airplay.

I think "The Handmaid's Tale" should be required reading for everyone, especially young girls, who are being brainwashed in this era of feminist backlash.
October 07, 2007
Like *I* want some gas guzzling moovan or suv.

I'd rather have my small two door car and save on gas money for other things...

Hhmm, us childfree must be the ONLY ones who are not driving these non-economical vehicles. When will get our reward????

Most certainly not in this lifetime.

lab mom
October 08, 2007
"When will get our reward????"
I guess we could be optimistic and think that our reward is every single childfree day of our lives, our quiet homes, our efficient cars, our free time, our loved and happy pets and SO's, our awesome hobbies....

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Annie
October 08, 2007
I hear you, Lucy!!! I was appalled to see a Fisher Price commercial with a kitchen play set which included (or was separate from) a washer/dryer!!!! AUGH!!!! Get those little girls indoctrinated early.

My dumbass brother never learned how to use a washer/dryer. He didn't leave home until he was 26, and only then because he got married to a dumbass teenage moo (AND her parents lived with them - so they had maid/nursery care for most of their kids' early years). Sucks to be them.

We're going back to the stone age, as far as I'm concerned. I'm so glad I don't have kids (especially girls, because there's no way in hell I'd buy them Barbie/Bratz/make-up - for kids under 5, yet!!!!!). What is the matter with these people?????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login