Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sesame Street -Inapprorpriate for today's Sprogs, WTF?????????

Posted by Valkyrie 
Here's one news item that certainly rant-worthy. The first season of Sesame Street from 1969 is now out on DVD, and it comes with a warning that the early SS is just not appropriate for today's preschoolers. Read all of the puke-worthy details here.
two faces puking

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/18/magazine/18wwln-medium-t.html
Re: Sesame Street -Inapprorpriate for today's Sprogs, WTF?????????
November 20, 2007
Wow, that just goes to show how cushy parents want to make the world for their golden sproggen. I watched that show as a little kid and I wasn't traumatized by Cookie Monster eating a pipe (hahaha) or Oscar the Grouch bitching at everyone.

I would love to show a breeder Dave Chappelle's parody of Sesame Street. Has anyone here seen it?
November 20, 2007
Oh, bloody hell! Are the stupid sprogs and breeders afraid of The Count, too? I bet they are. He's my favorite!

I learned to speak English (second language) watching SS as a child, so I am forever grateful for it.
November 21, 2007
I watched Sesame Street all the time as a kid. WTF? How is SS inappropriate?

I also watched Mister Rogers, the Magic Garden, New Zoo Review, Paddington Bear, and Hatchy Milatchy. Oh, and the dude with the big black Elvis Costello glasses - who was that?

I guess somehow they would, too, be deemed inappropriate in today's fucked up standards.

The world today scares me.
November 21, 2007
My mate mentioned how Sesame Street was good for kids because the show taught us how life was not always a "bowl of cherries" and there would be problems. I laughed when it was said how SS was not even appropriate for fucking TEENAGERS...for god-duh's sake! America's breeders are raising a bunch of pussies.
November 21, 2007
Thank doG they never got their hands on H.R. Puffinstuff, or Lidsville...
mmmm...trippy.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
November 25, 2007
As IF those crazy, overprotective momma hens even LET their kids watch TV to begin with!eye rolling smiley
November 26, 2007
Banshee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As IF those crazy, overprotective momma hens even
> LET their kids watch TV to begin with!eye rolling smiley

Of course they do...it's a nice, cheap, shiny babysitter who will never physically molest the little darlings, or tell them they aren't the most special creatures on the planet.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Another piece of shit article from NYT. And the writer stated that the show was a kind of Xanadu where people didn't worry about money, cleanliness and projecting false cheer?
Like a lot of "reality" programs (and other shitty shows that a lot of young people watch) focus on the plight of poor blacks. Or anybody poor for that matter.
November 29, 2007
The purpose of Sesame Street was to teach the basics. You know, numbers, letter, animals, colors, shapes....not to teach kids the horrors of the real world. That's what Wondershowzen is for.

--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login