Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glamour magazine's “Best Gutsy New Moms” award winners

Posted by catmeow 
Glamour magazine's “Best Gutsy New Moms” award winners
November 29, 2007
Read it and two faces puking

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1047741

From article: Why [did they win the awards]? “Because they remained thrilled about their pregnancies even after their relationships fell apart.”

It was more like they were thrilled about their pignasties because they knew they would be plastered all over the media.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Re: Glamour magazine's “Best Gutsy New Moms” award winners
November 30, 2007
Again, putting a good face forward to hide the fact that their lives are fucked. "Oh yes, I'm THRILLED to be a single moo." What other choice do they have? Bitching about it would only expose the fact that the got dumped by their mayun or weren't smart enough to use birth control. That's like saying, "Oh yes, I'm THRILLED to have cancer!"

Sucks to be them.
November 30, 2007
I am so fucking sick of seeing moos glamorized. It is much more gutsy to be CF!

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
November 30, 2007
Glamour is very breeder-centric despite trying to put on a more "forward" attitude. There are tons of articles of how to make that man cum and enjoy bedding the reader more than other women. However, the mag also has articles of how to get a reluctant man to commit to marriage or, at least, exclusivity in a "relationship". Cosmo is just as bad... tongue sticking out smiley
November 30, 2007
That's barfworthy indeed.

I have a hard time believing these Duds suddenly expressed disinterest in the kids. It's probably more like this: Dud was lukewarm on the mother, Moo oopses Dud, Moo wears the hero badge when she was actually stupid.

Look, I won't be breeding, thanks to my tubal ligation. But you can best believe if I were a woman who wanted to breed, I would make the guy prove himself first. Prove that he really loved me, really wanted kids, and planned to stick around. This would include MARRIAGE and having enough time to have a stable marriage, at least a few years, before introducing the hand grenade (i.e., baby) into the picture.

Granted, sometimes people act unpredictably, but most of these Moos ignored red flags in the relationship because they desperately wanted to breed and everything else, including having a father around, was secondary.
I think this warrents a letter to Glamour. How is oopsing someone gutsy? Not that I have much sympathy for Tom Brady,( keep it wrapped boy!), but awarding selfish (and it is selfish. kid will realize Daddy didn't want him.) is irresponsible. I like the comments to her article. "You'd rather she'd had an abortion OMG!!1ll11l!!11, Yes, HELL YES!
November 30, 2007
At least the Boston Herald article on the whole Glamor thing wasn't pro-single parenting...unlike the rest of society.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 03, 2007
bell_flower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Look, I won't be breeding, thanks to my tubal
> ligation. But you can best believe if I were a
> woman who wanted to breed, I would make the guy
> prove himself first. Prove that he really loved
> me, really wanted kids, and planned to stick
> around. This would include MARRIAGE and having
> enough time to have a stable marriage, at least a
> few years, before introducing the hand grenade
> (i.e., baby) into the picture.

I don't care how much a man would try to prove how he really loved me and would stick around. I *still* would not breed. No marriage is 100% foolproof from divorce. Most people who marry have all of these starry-eyed hopes and love in their hearts. They always think how they will never divorce. Things often do change. It would not matter how many hoops a man jumped through, I am not that trusting to place my entire life into his hands by birthing a baby. Any woman who is that trusting is either naive or incredibly stupid. However, I am glad I do not have to worry about that with my tubal. winking smiley
December 04, 2007
If you oops your man on purpose, your selfish ass deserves to be left high and dry with NO means of support from anyone other than you and your own paycheck.
December 05, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you oops your man on purpose, your selfish ass
> deserves to be left high and dry with NO means of
> support from anyone other than you and your own
> paycheck.

That is very difficult to get across an entitlement minded moo or moo wanna be.

I cannot understand these people. If they cannot afford the life as it is, why are they going onto having kyds? Why do they think that some stranger is going to help with no trouble of any kind?

I am not trying to tell anyone what to do, but I think that brains and responsibility should be a foundation to starting a family. I do not have any of those listed above, those are 2 of over 1000 reasons why I am CF. What makes a girl think that if she oopses a guy, he is just going to stick around and help? Sure, she can get child support, but it is usually is not that much. Besides, if the guy did not want to be a dad anyways, he is going to find the way to pay the bare of the minimum. I've seen guys purposely take low paying jobs just until the child support court is over. Yep, the girl gets $300 a month. That will not feed a kid for a month. Hell no. But that is all she is going to get.

Is it not much money for feeding a kid, but here is how I see it. Dude pays $300/month times 12 months in a year. $3600/year times 18 years. $64,800 is the total sum. Now, if the guy kept his peter away from breeder, he could have been putting that cash into the bank and earning interest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login