Posted by Feh 
Oh those heartless bitches...
December 04, 2007
They're the best...:beer
from: http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/getababysitter.shtml

Get a Babysitter!

(Nov 5, 2007)

by Karen Rodenbecker

To those of you out there who have decided that your young children are indispensable accessories, on par with "it" bags, freakishly large sunglasses, and i-pods, and therefore that these children should accompany you each and every minute of the goddamn day, WAKE THE FUCK UP! Your child is not this year's rat dog to be toted about for salespeople to coo over and cuddle while you sip a latte and shop the day away. Toddlers require almost constant supervision and structure in their lives. They need down-time, nap-time, story-time, not to mention kid-food-time, and most of this IS SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE OR UNAVAILABLE in adult-centered places, like damn near every place you insist on dragging your screaming, over-stimulated, flailing children.

Who am I to dispense such observations? Am I a mother, a social worker, a child psychologist? No, I¹m the woman who has to listen to your child caterwaul at the symphony, who sees them smearing their hands on clothes at the boutique, and who has even stopped them from toddling into a restaurant kitchen when you were too busy lunching with your friends to watch them.

Do you have any idea the number of times your unsupervised toddlers have wandered up to me in parks, coffee shops, and even in galleries looking for the attention and structure you are not giving them? If I were a black market baby broker, I would be rich.

Let me make this clear: I do not fault your children for seeking attention and stimulation; however, I DO FAULT YOU FOR HAVING THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO ASSUME THAT STRANGERS WILL FIND YOUR CHILDREN AMUSING AND WILL KEEP AN EYE ON THEM. Salesclerks, waiters, and those of us sans children ARE NOT YOUR FREE BABYSITTERS!

In the past I have tolerated your neglect and been kind towards your "free-rage" toddlers because it is not their fault that their mothers are vain, self-absorbed idiots. And yes, I can appreciate that childcare is expensive, and yes, I understand that it is good for children to engage with the larger world, and yes, I can even understand that sometimes you really do need to do "something grown-up" or you will go crazy. But here is what else I understand: THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKE ALL THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN YOU DECIDED TO BREED.

Now, instead of being an adult and putting your children¹s needs first, not to mention showing some respect for the rest of the world, you simply drag them everywhere you used to go, yakking into your cell the whole way that "being a parent hasn¹t really changed anything" for you. I concur. I can imagine that you were probably just as self-absorbed and inconsiderate before you had children. Doubtless when you see me leave the store, shop, or restaurant shortly after you and your agents-of-chaos children arrive, you will think me a self-centered bitch, which in this case simply means a woman who does not care to witness to your rudeness and who is unwilling to be used as free daycare.

Oh, and by the way, next time I'm letting your kids wander into the restaurant kitchen.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Re: Oh those heartless bitches...
December 04, 2007
YESSSSS!!!!

Hear, hear...
Anonymous User
December 04, 2007
Double devil-hands to her! :yr
December 04, 2007
Feh, thanks for posting this!

There's no way you'll see me with an ill-behaved, shrieking fashion accessory. Breeders need to get over themselves.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
December 05, 2007
SING IT!!! LOUD!
CFBitchfromLA
December 05, 2007
Spot on!!!!!!!!!
December 05, 2007
Helll yeahhhh!band playing music
Anonymous User
December 06, 2007
HEAR FUCKING HEAR!!!!! I HATE IT when I see kyds just wandering around stores, with no bree-duhs in a 2-mile range to be found. I really believe many bree-duhs descend upon stores with all their brats hoping to get some time away from their them and hoping that the clerks and/or salespeople will baby "watch their kyds" or that perhaps their kyds will, indeed, get kidnapped!!
Anonymous User
December 06, 2007
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SING IT!!! LOUD!

I'M CHILDFREE AND I'M PROUD!!!!!! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login