Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The motherhood myth: The misery of being a mother

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
The motherhood myth: The misery of being a mother
December 13, 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=502050&in_page_id=1879

Well, well, well. Guess who was right all along? US!!!!!
Re: The motherhood myth: The misery of being a mother
December 13, 2007
Yeah, the IVF treatments were sooooooooo worth it! And the morning sickness puking was truly pleasurable! two faces puking two faces puking

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
December 14, 2007
Yes, and all those sleepless nights, public temper tantrums, expensive doctor visits, damage to your body, loss of your identity, and the 5,000,000 other reasons it's a good idea NOT to have a kid are all SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it too.

Keep telling yourselves that. Whatever gets you through the day.
December 14, 2007
Good to see that REALITY at least penetrates like a sharp knife through the intoxicating mist of maternal love caused by that moon-eyed DNA trophy, forcing the moo to wake up to REAL LIFE.eye rolling smiley
It's a good breeder reality slap article overall, and we need more of them of course,

But like other simillar articles she STILL had to mention how it's "all worth it" now because of the warm snuggles (or however she put it).

I can get those from my cat.
December 14, 2007
If "warm snuggles" does it for her, that chick needs a serious wake up call. Can you say NEEDY? Lack of self-esteem, maybe?

I don't need warm snuggles from a DNA replica. I have encircled my life with people and pets that give me more than warm snuggles because they WANT TO - not because they feel they have to because I've given birth to them - which those kids are probably reminded of daily.

"Come give mummy warm snuggles, I've carried you in my body for 9 mothts, went through horrific pain to have you and sacrificed my life so get over here this instant!"
That is one ugly-assed kid right there. Wow.

Nice bingos in the comments, too. smiling smiley
At least she had some good advice to other mothers buried in there.

1. Don't assume your husband will be taking on half the baby duties.
2. Realize you're not necessarily going to know what to do and that you're going to freak out and be anxious that you're not doing it right.
3. As guilty as you feel about leaving the kid, get out of the house and have some meaningful employment before you lose your identity and self-worth.
4. Don't forget to maintain relationships with adults. (Sibyl adds: but don't drive them all off by talking about being a parent to the exclusion of all other topics. This isn't good for you or for them.)

Numbers 3 and 4 seems to be why this author came out of the whole parenting fiasco feeling like it was still worth it despite the initial hardship. She made efforts to maintain some of her independence, identity, and self-worth. I hope her relationship with her child is all the better because of it, despite the bingoes. smiling smiley
December 14, 2007
CF VTer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is one ugly-assed kid right there. Wow.

Woah! No kidding!

And she's supposed to be 41? She looks like she's in her fifties. Another great reason NOT to have a brat.
CF VTer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is one ugly-assed kid right there. Wow.
>
> Nice bingos in the comments, too. smiling smiley

HAAAAh-hahahaha! bouncing and laughing

If you didn't say it, I was going to!
December 14, 2007
Majority of responses to this article were of breeder bingo type. I think there are fewer CF choice type articles because CF do not usually have to keep convincing themselves that they made the right choice.

If married life with children is so great, why are there so many single moos?

People with kids, I admit, have to put up with a lot of crap. Many have ruined credit, many have countless doctor bills. Childed life is only "all worth it" if it is self-prophesied as such. Any subject can be taken and if only the good is brought to the front, the subject may be "all worth it".

One of the people commenting states:

My British friends are still childless, some boyfriendless. I am in France, everyone my age has several children and my hormones are forcing me to desperately want a child. We are trying to adopt too.

I have noticed similar comments made by other women. They are functioning based on physical body demands, just like wild animals. I often laugh when women belittle us men and call us dogs and such, claiming we only want sex and nothing else. They state that we only function based on our instincts. Well, they need to look at themselves. They function of the instinct even more so. They desperately want to breed and are willing to do damages based on it. They are acting like total brainless animals when they say "desperately want a baby". This is a total animal like desire that they are shameless about. Could a man write an article about "desperately needing sex" and getting it his way? Hell NO! That would be illegal, because that's prostitution. If a chick "wants a baby" she buys IVF, perfectly legal. So, one gender is allowed to get what they want, another is just an animal and should be destroyed. Yep, that's breeder mentality.
December 14, 2007
I think I finally figured it out. When teenage high school boy has sex, he feels very proud of himself because he satisfied him hormonal cravings.

When teenage moo has a bay-bee, she feels very satisfied because she has fulfilled her hormonal cravings.

When 41 year old moo breeds, she looks very very brainless and dumb. Obviously she has not learned a damed thing is still functions on hormones and has never used a brain that was provided to her. Nice move, breeder cow!
December 14, 2007
Another quote:

But hand on heart, I can honestly say there was never a moment when I wished I wasn't a Mum. No matter how rosy the memories seemed of the days when I came home from work and relaxed with a large glass of wine, I would never have swopped my childless state for the life I now had with my boy.

What people do not understand is this woman is negotiating the price long after the sale took place. The deal has been sealed. It is too late to debate after the irreversible has been done. And no, she cannot swap back to CF. Her CF life is over! The only thing she can say now (without having to hang her dumb self) is that she "loooooooooooooooooves it". She does not have any other sane choice! She might as well shut the fuck up!

On the other hand, if a CF says: "I like the way things are", right on! They can change to a pahrent mode at any time! So, if CF likes the lifestyle and says they do, it's probably the truth! Never trust a breeder. They cannot change back to CF - ever! They will try to validate their choices so they do not slice their own throat for not thinking their choices through but using the advice of their own vagina to master the life choices.
December 15, 2007
I had to laugh at the part where the moo stated she and her husband had had six blissful years before Little Fartington came along.

If things were so blissful, why the fuck would you wanna change?

Could it be b/c being CF doesn't fit in with the Life Script (TM)?
Frankly, hormones have nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Speaking as someone who has been there and come out safely and happily childfree at the other end, it was totally about pressure from friends and family to breed. As soon as I got said "friends" out of my life and told my mother that she was to stop bingoing me or else she could consider us estranged, my baby rabies completely went away. I take this approach with anyone like that: I am childfree and that is non-negotiable and if you love and value me as a person you WILL respect it.

I no longer get bingos, and most of my friends are CF, along with a few PNB's.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login