Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not exactly a cancer curer

Posted by zatoth 
Not exactly a cancer curer
July 28, 2012
17 year old Britney Wenger was on Fox & Friends as she was honored for winning an award for designing an app for doctors to diagnose cancer with a 99.1% accuracy. It works by using algorithms to detect patterns related to the cancer.

No, lurking moos-this will not be your kid. There is no scientific advantage to exposing your kid to FarmVille, letting them chew on furniture padding or feeding them minced fishsticks. In fact, it's more likely your kid will be a welfare recipient with a prison record.
Re: Not exactly a cancer curer
July 28, 2012
For lurking moos, not only what Zatoth said, but this: statistically, your kids are more likely to kill someone than to save anyone's life. Hell, they're probably more likely to cause cancer than to cure it!
July 28, 2012
For every one intelligent and successful kid born in the past two decades we will likely have 100 who can't tell the difference between shit and Shinola, will lose a hand from duct taping a few hundred sparklers together and lighting the fuse, hang themselves with curtain cords, get flattened by a train, or think being inpig at 15 is "cool".

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 28, 2012
This kid is the way she is because she had a premature sibling and began early on seeing real heros were selfless doctors and nurses who worked to save lives, not some athlete or movie star pushing cool commercial products. She loved computers and went above and beyond to study programming. She combined her love of medicine and love of computers to create her app. She was one of fourteen finalists. So out of all the kids who probably could have been in here, she was already 14 chosen. When other kids are playing video games, she created an app to save lives. And to achieve the 99.1% accuracy, you know enough doctors are confident to enough to test it. How many "future cancer curers" we read about can boast that? They can't even get out of the way of a train.
July 28, 2012
Why don't we hear more about kids like this? She's brilliant! She's an example! I guarantee her parents are PNBs.

She probably wasn't breast fed in public at age five, either!
July 28, 2012
nathanomir
Why don't we hear more about kids like this? She's brilliant! She's an example! I guarantee her parents are PNBs.

She probably wasn't breast fed in public at age five, either!

You know, I would love to know it... about what parenting choices her parents made.

Kudos for the girl!^_^

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Anonymous User
July 28, 2012
Thank you Zatoth, I love hearing stories like this.

It amazes me how so many girls walk around acting like their God's gift to the Earth. When all they bring to the table is a fucked up attitude, so-so looks (that deteriorate quickly), sub-par intelligence, retarded (often non-existent) social skills and a brewing cesspool of nastiness between their legs...

I really would like to hear about more Britney Wengers!
July 28, 2012
Wenger is definitely an exception!

The local paper recently profiled a Pine View School (a school for the gifted in Osprey, Florida) graduate who is mapping the moon. Wesley von Dassow is 20 years old and has the brains for the job.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120727/ARTICLE/120729659/2076/NEWS?Title=Pine-View-grad-is-mapping-the-moon

The whole thing about this "But the child will grow up to cure cancer!" is such bullshit. No, the offspring of the Moos are far more likely to have a career of living on street corners and living on a lifetime supply of welfare checks, just like their Moos do.
July 28, 2012
Ah, I so love hearing stories like this. This girl is going somewhere. We could have a whole lot more of these kids if moos would, you know, parent their children.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login