Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How was everyone's Christmas ?

Posted by Newbie 
How was everyone's Christmas ?
December 27, 2007
Well, as the title says... Did all here have a good time with friends and/or family? Or did hordes of other people's ill-mannered offspring descend and make it a living hell?

Mine was excellent, probably the best in a decade. No-one had a fight, we all (Mom, stepdad, brother, a family friend and me and boyfriend) had a great time getting tipsy, eating alcoholic jelly, talking to death and generally stuffing ourselves silly and playing with the ferrets (my mom keeps 3). No-one even thought about switching the TV on, it was that good!

Hope everyone else's were likewise.
Nour
Re: How was everyone's Christmas ?
December 27, 2007
I've not been able to answer this question honestly (when posited by co-workers) because no one who asks really wants to know. They are trying to be polite. But I'll say truthfully: I had a terrible holiday. I spent Christmas by myself. I normally do not celebrate Christmas anyways, but still it’s a bad day to not hang out with anyone. The only thing that redeemed it was a little three-legged kitten that has taken up at my place. I think I’ll adopt the little furball. She is so cute.
I didn’t have to put up with criblets so thank doggie dog for that!
December 27, 2007
Oh, I'm so sorry. That sucks. Not much I can say to help, but at least there was the kitten. I wonder what happened to its leg. Cats are great, I hope you can adopt it. ( and wayyyy better than criblets... love the word 'criblet').
December 27, 2007
i personally would have loved toexperience a xmas on my own, with no one around

one year i will book a place, and avoid everyone, make my own dinner.

even though i have only a few people to be with this xmas, they have a tendency to get on my nerves.

we went to 2 peoples houses, my aunt and her son, paul, paul has 2 kids, but they generally stayed upstairs and wasnt a bother.

so it was quiet, but.. i would have loved it to be quieter.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
December 27, 2007
merc, I know what you are saying. Normally, I am the loner type. I really enjoy being by myself quite a bit. But this year, I felt differently.
Newbie, my guess is that the kitten is missing one of its back feet because of inbreeding, bastards dumping off poor cats and said cats having kittens. I am going to borrow a kitty carrier from one of the neighbors and take her to a vet next week.
December 27, 2007
i am a very anti social person. i like only a few people, but i prefer my own company, i live in my own head. its the you can visit if you want but dont, not th having no one to visit.. most of my friends live in other countries and travelling isnt an option..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
December 27, 2007
Nour, I'm truly sorry your Xmas sucked. I also wish I could say more...but I'm also so glad kitty was there. She sounds adorable! She was probably better company than most people anyway. winking smiley

I spent last Xmas day at the vet ER putting my cat Stormy down. She finally succumbed after 3 months of cancer. I was staying home that day & doing nothing also, and found her downstairs calling in pain.

So to me, staying home & not celebrating was a blessing. If I HAD gone out to a party, she might've been there all day like that.

I hope when you take her to the vet, she checks out ok & you can adopt her. Please keep us posted!
cfhistorian
December 27, 2007
My holiday was decent...we unfortunately had to have one of our beloved hamsters, Brulée, put to sleep on 12/16 (she was only 6 months old, and suffering), so giving our hamsters their gifts was bittersweet. We went back to our home state of MD for xmas eve/xmas day, and we had a good time...we saw my husband's grandmother (and thankfully avoided most of her relatives, who are by and large MAJOR breeders), and my family (a small gathering...my parents and two brothers, one 18, the other 18 months) on 12/24, then stayed at my in-laws' house for the xmas morning festivities. They really go all out for the holiday (my husband is used to this; I am not, since my family isn't really into xmas), and we got some nice gifts, which is awesome. This was a bigger gathering (my husband has 3 siblings and 2 stepsiblings), but the only kids we saw were our two little nieces, who are cute and pretty well-behaved, as far as toddlers go. My husband's sister (who is 18) came back to PA with us on 12/25 and my in-laws came up to get her today. I made a nice lunch and was a gracious hostess, and I just got a nice "thank-you" voicemail message from my MIL. smiling smiley So, not a bad holiday, all in all.
December 27, 2007
Working on X-mas was great! I hope to do it again next year! Most bosses were gone, getting work done was awesome!

I think X-mas can suck because of people we do not want to encounter but we feel we have to. I learned that a while ago and I have to admit life was better after that!
Anonymous User
December 27, 2007
Nour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've not been able to answer this question
> honestly (when posited by co-workers) because no
> one who asks really wants to know. They are trying
> to be polite. But I'll say truthfully: I had a
> terrible holiday. I spent Christmas by myself. I
> normally do not celebrate Christmas anyways, but
> still it’s a bad day to not hang out with anyone.
> The only thing that redeemed it was a little
> three-legged kitten that has taken up at my place.
> I think I’ll adopt the little furball. She is so
> cute.
> I didn’t have to put up with criblets so thank
> doggie dog for that!

A Christmas spent rescuing a three-legged kitten sounds far more enduring than anything I did this holiday season. You show the right spirit.
December 27, 2007
Awww, grizzlycat and cfhistorian, you're making me cry with your poor tiny pets' stories. I hope you are both doing better now. And Nour, I really hope that precious little baby is otherwise OK and you can keep her!

Myself, I lost my grandmother just 2 weeks before Xmas, so I've been pretty depressed. Since I also lost my Mom in December (6 years ago), I feel like I just can't enjoy the Holidays anymore.
December 28, 2007
My xmas was pretty decent. My nephews were pretty well behaved for a change.

My family is Pagan but since Yule is usually always a week day, we do the dinner thing on xmas day just because everyone is off. We do Yule celebrations separately, not as a family. Last week - on Yule, SO and I got engaged at the ritual so it was a great one for me.

Nour, SO and I also have a 3 legged kitty. She is 12 and was hit by a car when she was 2, leg was destroyed so it had to come off. It never even phased her. She was an outdoor stray that used to live on the porch of a friend of mine until I took her in 6 years ago.

Medusa, I'm so sorry about your grammy. Grandparents are awesome people.

I worked this week, I usually never take off because most people are out and it's quiet.
Anonymous User
December 28, 2007
Medusa, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma.

I feel for anyone who looses someone this time of year, b/c everyone feels so pressured to be in the holiday spirit as it is.

KFLL, congrats on your engagement! :bal Yule seems like a great time of year for it symbolicly too as the light starts to return.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login