Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

moo discrim.

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
moo discrim.
February 21, 2005
Yes, youre viewed as less committed to your job. Big surprise, I'm sure there are exceptions out there but in my professional and private lives, every mom I have come into contact will say, " I realized, this(work) just doesn't really matter anymore." including some really hard working attorneys here. Yes, there is life outside of work, and family is important but wearing your non-committment on your sleeve will make others view you as , I don't know, LESS COMMITTED TO YOUR JOB. Duh, you can't have it both ways.

And, the moo suing for stress, what a crock, she had triplets and then twins, something tells me this is a fertility moo. She was having a hard time w/ conceiving in the first place, so carrying triplets would have been a walk in the park if it wasn't for the mean ol' employer???? Yeah, right. Moos want it all and cry up a storm if they don't get exactly what they want. They turn into brats themselves because they are DTMIJITW.

TSC
Re: moo discrim.
February 22, 2005
Even though I hate my job, one thing I like about it is that everyone is treated equally. We all get screwed. I hated most of my other jobs because people who were either pregnant or had kids ALWAYS got special treatment, and worse yet, they expected it. I'll never understand why those of us who don't have kids are expected to change and bend over backwards for those who do.
JustMe
February 25, 2005
What pisses me off is that I the associate I work for used to have a secretary who had two very young children. She was always taking a half day off here and there to shuttle the girls to photo shoots, doctor appts., etc., and she could be counted on to leave promptly at 5PM sharp every day.

Then she left the firm. When I started working for the guy, all of a sudden I was staying late. There were a couple of times I was asked to stay late even though I mentioned I had plans.

What infuriated me about this was that if the guy's old secretary had been working for him, he'd have had to take his work to the night secretary. Why are my plans, my social life, any less important than hers? Just because she has kids? Yeesh.
May 10, 2006
Those fuckers are always taking time off, leaving everyone else to pick up their slack. What a buch of crap. Of course those breeder shits get pregnant just for the special treatment/attention. Why else would someone want to be fucked up for the rest of their lives???
May 10, 2006
OOps! Sorry, I realized now that I posted to a much earlier thread. Oh well. Great topic...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.