Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2576 Feeling Like A Bitch

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2576 Feeling Like A Bitch
January 16, 2008
OH, I LOVE to throw it back in their faces too!

I've had so many people rub their "good fortune" (or so they thought) in my face when I was still single or even not long ago. They thought just because they had followed the LifeScript(TM), that anyone else's life was just meaningless. I've been bingoed and ridiculed by these people. One even went so far as to say that I simply MUST be some sort of reproductive cripple because at the time I was married 7 years and me and my ex were Chidlfree.

Well, it always ends up, several years after their gloating, that they see me. And they aren't nearly as smug as they were years ago. Most of them either look like shit, are in unhappy marriages for the sake of the kyds, OR are divorced raising sproglets on their own.

HA! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
CF Uter
Re: 2576 Feeling Like A Bitch
January 16, 2008
I know. It is great. When everyone is babierabid in their 30's I got a lot of shit.

But now, my SIL will probably *say* she's happy but she is stuck w/ some disorder that is kinda like slight autism and he's always in trouble because of it and mopes around the house because this is how it effects him. Not fun and joy like parunts want to believe life is gonna be. You never hear her pushing me anymore about breeding.

My other SIL will never admit any disillusionment but she is on her FIFTH kid, and you can tell she is miserable. And, you never hear how great and joyful her life has become after breeding, like you did when she had #1. ha ha...

then all my college friends bred. I basically have been ostracized by them, probably because we no longer had anything to talk about because they just talk the babie talk. I heard thru the grapevine, that most were on the outs with their spouses, almost to the point of divorce, but no one gets one because they have been out of the job market for so long, they are scared to go back in.

Not that I'm stick thin anymore, but they all have the middle age spread, but in their 30s, have sullen faces when we are out together at parties, their spouses no longer have a personality (they use to pre-marriage/kyds), and look at least 10 years older than I do. Their sullen faces say it all for me. No more glee when speaking about the kyds they're planning, blah blah blah. No more asking me when I'm gonna pop one out.smiling smiley

Finally this Xmas, it was great, our best man that had a famblee w/ wifey #1 and another w/ wifey#2, told me and my hubby NOT to do it under any circumstances. (and his wifeys did most,if not all of the brat-rearing) I said I'm too old for that anyway...then he's like, no, I'm telling you, don't adopt, don't do anything. He kept it light, but you know he meant it. I'm glad my hubby heard it, because sometimes I think...altho I think he knows brats would ruin our lifestyle and are definitely not for us, I think he wants kyds, just to be like everyone else. Well, now he knows, without any prompting by me. Breeding sux and it takes awhile for many breeders to be openly honest about it to a non breeder.

I have to say it is now sweet revenge.
Re: 2576 Feeling Like A Bitch grinning smiley
January 16, 2008
Yeah...who is laughing now! I am sure J*nn!e did not appreciate my little note. You know...this woman knew me well as a child, teen, and very young adult so she should have remembered that I have a very long memory and hold on to stuff long when others have just say, "Oh well...," and moved on.

I was more than offended in 1995 with the "flake" comment...but am glad revenge was served cold a little over twelve years later when I found out she was divorced. Heh heh...I did mention that my line of work has taught me how to find people very well. It is great to be able to throw their shit back into their faces after being laughed at for not following the Life Script re: moohood and careers. I did not care about her TMIJITW shit but it was the condescending attitude toward my life.

I, too, have the middle-aged spread and am no longer obsessing for not being in single-digit sizes. I did get down to 122 last year but that was due to not eating enough and only drinking water. Yet, I wondered why I always had headaches. I may be a year older than my former chum but I am certain that I do look younger despite my "spread" coming back. J*nn!e was not a skinny girl to begin with.

Yes...this is sweet revenge. I never expected to hear from her despite adding two e-mail addies, cell #, and landline in the card. I love being a bitch in this situation. I am sure Miss Know-It-All never expected to hear from me over a decade later after snarky little remark. I did indeed get the last laugh...
bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
January 16, 2008
Yessss!

Same situation here; married five years, together longer - no kids; great life. We have time for each other, our hobbies and interets, whatever we want to do. The pace of our life is just what we want it to be.

Meanwhile, our friends w/kids without exception look 5-10 years older than us and seem defeated and old before their time.
CF Uter
January 17, 2008
>>>seem defeated

Yes, defeated is the perfect word. If and when I go to parties w/ former friends who are now childed, even if the brats are older, this is how they look now. Defeated.
Or, deflated...

That is why I cannot believe that they are happy on the inside and just feel tired on the outside, they just look devoid of anything living.
Anonymous User
January 18, 2008
Same here!

I've been married 10 years now and I find my child-laden friends & famblee members still trying unsuccessfully to find a trace of wistfull baybee-longing emptiness on our faces hoping we're missing out to give them a shred of satisfaction.

But all they see is that we're still rosey-cheeked & glowing like we just married yesterday, and I notice their micro-glances that shout "you're so happy you're free", and "If only I'd..."

And I'm lovin'it!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login