Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2583: Entitlement Moo

Posted by Matush 
Matush
2583: Entitlement Moo
January 22, 2008
He failed a second grade spelling test. Big deal. It's not like it's going to ruin bratford's chance at getting into an overpriced Ivy and becoming the next Al Gore/George W. Bush/Entitlement minded x generation politico. My brother was lucky to pass seventh grade math and he still managed to get into an Ivy (newsflash: colleges only look at how you do during high school).
Re: 2583: Entitlement Moo
January 22, 2008
How anyone can take her side is beyond me. It's simply the height of poor etiquette to sue a teacher out of her job simply because your child failed a spelling test.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
DrDanCorelli
January 22, 2008
There are so many incongruities in the original story that it makes the moo look like some type of psychotic bitch in need of a Thorazine drip.
Anonymous User
January 23, 2008
All the time & energy spent suing a teacher b/c your kid failed a test could be spent helping your kid study. But it sounds like moo is too hopelessly far-gone & incapable, so her kid will end up stupid no matter who she sues.
Anonymous User
January 23, 2008
You know, I've actually been the victim of a teacher who loathed me and gave me different grades than the rest of the class even if I got the same number of answers right on the tests.

She enjoyed it when I would answer wrong, because she would let the entire class know that "Sibyl didn't get all the answers right, even though she is 'gifted' and supposed to be smarter than all the rest of you!" She enjoyed trotting out this humiliation on a regular basis. She occasionally made my grades lower because "You are 'gifted' and should therefore be held to a higher standard".

My mother went down there and had some angry words with her a couple times, and one day after a particularly bad bit of abuse from this teacher I went crying to the school counselor for help. The nasty old woman cooled down a bit, but she was always rotten to me. The other teachers were appalled by her behavior, but it's pretty hard to get a teacher fired, especially one with so much seniority, so she kept teaching. And abusing.

I think it's one thing if Moo didn't bother to call the school to get Bratley's lessons that he missed. When I was too sick to go to school, that was the procedure. The teacher would write up an assignment sheet and my mother would pick it up and I'd have to do the homework and take any missed tests when I returned. Moo is complaining about a lot of nothing, a nothing she could have prevented had she proactively called the school.

It's another if the teacher is actually being inconsistent and abusive of just a few students, as happened to me and a few other "gifted" kids.

I got my revenge, though. One of my other teachers and I were pals. She told me that Abusive Teacher had a terrible allergy to gardenias, and couldn't even be in the same room with them. I'd bring in cut gardenia flowers and hide them in Abusive Teacher's classroom. Whenever she was rotten to me, it virtually guaranteed she'd be sneezing and having runny eyes for a few days.
January 23, 2008
Just another high maintenance twatlet that thinks the world should cater to her walking health insurance claim.
January 25, 2008
Sybil, I know what you mean. Some teachers really sucked. Some made your time really miserable. I think it was all for better. It taught me early on that childhood is crap. Among many other things. Why would people have kids? I never understood. Just so the kids had to put up with the same crap we did? Makes no sense.
January 28, 2008
You got that right. Childhood IS crap only it's these delusional fucking breeders that try to make every single day into a kodak moment and everyone has to suffer along.

Parents today don't realize that kids are kids. They need to be taught, molded, guided, disciplined and learn and earn their place in the world. 90% of parents think their kid is a mini-adult with the same rights, privileges, and eveything else that a fully-seasoned, educated adult has after years and years of paying their dues to life and society.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login