Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dog grandkids

Posted by dogsrbetter 
dogsrbetter
Dog grandkids
January 20, 2006
What was so appalling was the fact that the grand-dogs were better looking then the human grand-kids.

Cambion
Re: Dog grandkids
January 20, 2006
That was an awesome story - kudos to the dog-lover. I can safely bet that her offended daughter sends stack upon stack of photos of her grand-brats, and Grandma probably either tucks them away into an album or tosses them.

Grandma dislikes kids, and Moomie can't accept the fact that her mother finds dogs to be more bearable than her grand-brats.
Latrodectra
January 20, 2006
Maybe there's a reason grandma likes the grand-dogs better than the grand-sprogs.
Lady Cooper
January 20, 2006
I want a picture of those dogs, they sound cute!
sprogless
January 20, 2006
My mom is the same way. She can't stand her grandkids. All they do is whine, pester & want her to buy them things. My dogs on the other hand, are her "babies."
January 21, 2006
I agree with the husband. If grandMOO can't show her grandkids some respect, financially supports the other daughter and clearly shows favoritism then there is no reason for the childed sibling to stick around. Frankly if I was that sibling I'd cease contact before the grandMOO got old and wanted help. My personal experience is that those who receive such help rarely reciprocate. Wonder what will happen to the dog owning sibling if she has kids? Will grandMOO still treat her as the favorite or will she dump her too? I think it wonderful when family members treat animals and kids the same and when they clearly show love and respect for animals - but the behavior of this old cow (not even having ONE photo of the grand kid and financially supporting one sibling and not the other) is unfair and unjust. If she has an issue with the daughter she needs to tell her and not play favorites and passive aggressive.
CF Scorpio
January 21, 2006
I think it's pretty sad that a grown woman is jealous of her sister's dogs. Pathetic! If she can't handle it, just stay away!

Carolyn's answer, though a bit off the mark, was right on target when she said that this Moo is harming her own kids emotionally by making a big fuss over this. I wouldn't have thought of that. Apparently the only way you can get through to breeders is if you point out how something affects their kids.
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 23, 2006
I fucking LOVE IT!!!!! Wish my mom was like this, only she pretty much snubs my dogs and cats over her 2 grandsons.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.