Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prime Example of Insurance Money Squandering

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Prime Example of Insurance Money Squandering
February 20, 2008
I found this by accident searching for some, believe it or not, IT related stuff.

Anyway, check out this link. It's the typical story of rabid breeders who brought conjoined twins into this world AGAINST the advice of the docs, how insurance will foot the bill for all this bullshit, AND how this couple has other kids and is knocked up with yet another. And of course they have an online blog where bleeding hearts can donate money to their useless cause.

They share 1 chest cavity - meaning 1 heart and 1 liver. Just how do they think they would have a successful separation surgery? If they remain conjoined, the drain on the insurance company will continue to mount due to inevitable complications. This is a perfect example of fucking delusional breeders who can't see past their rose colored glasses.

Why not just abort? Why put yourself AND the children you supposedly ADORE so much, through such a horrendous life? Who's the selfish, uncaring one here?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23254746/
Agreed, KFLL. This is a good example of when abortion should be strongly considered.

I suspect this issue will be moot in a short while. The current trend in medicine is called "futility theory": the idea that doctors should be free to withdraw treatment (including feeding and hydration) from patients with a low quality of life whether the family wants this or not. The idea is to save resources, of course. You might think of the nationalized health systems in Canada and Britain as being the first to institute futile care policies, but the concept is going all-out in the US too.

The elderly will be prime targets of this developing policy, but so will be disabled, hopeless sprogs such as this one. In a few years children such as this one will be left to die in hospitals with no "right" to medical treatment except palliative care.
Re: Prime Example of Insurance Money Squandering
February 20, 2008
Agreed. While I am totally against socialized medical care, I am ALL FOR the "futility theory." One of the big reasons the medical system is in shams is because of assholes like this. Between these types of people, the IVF'ers bringing damaged goods into this world and the parasites on Medicaid, the health system of this country is doomed.

And frankly, for me, if I'm ever in such a state where I cannot even feed myself, I say to euthanize me.

NO ONE of any age should be forced to suffer a horrible, undignified existence.
Tor and Mandy Bailey are monsters.
The duh has the gall to say now that doctors haven't given them "a lot of clear communication in terms of what are the possibilities."
THERE ARE NO POSSIBILITIES, ASSHOLE.
Your daughters share a heart and a liver. What the fuck do you want?
February 21, 2008
Oh but some how, some way, this will be AAAAAAAALLLLL the DOCTOR'S fault. Certainly NOT the fault of the stupid breeders that were advised to abort early in the repugnancy.

I can see it now. Both loaves of damaged goods will die during surgery and the shit will hit the fan. Breeder dumbass fuckers will probably sue and get millions.
Anonymous User
February 21, 2008
Bring on the "futility theory", I say. Families and patients should not be invested with the power to make doctors dance in the same way they are now.

Eighty-five year old women with renal disease or Alzheimer's should not be getting resuscitated if they have a heart attack. Severely premature infants should not be given every intervention to keep them alive.

Expensive (and intensive) treatment to avert death should only be given to those who can be reasonably expected to have a high quality (and quantity) of life afterward.
As a disabled person, there's a small part of me that feels a little bit wary of this "futility theory." I don't like the thought that some people may be denied medical care just because they have something wrong with them. It's my opinion that something like that has the potential to snowball.

However, the difference is that, despite my disability (I have Spina Bifida and use a wheelchair), I am an intelligent, well-educated, accomplished and productive citizen with a normal life. And there are a lot of other disabled people out there that are the same. I think that many people have the idea that if a person is disabled their lives simply aren't worth living because they are not "normal." NOT TRUE. My hope is that futility theory really will be used for babies who are so sick or disabled they really have NO hope for any quality of life at all.

Despite that one little reservation, futility theory is my new favorite thing!grinning smiley
February 21, 2008
"Expensive (and intensive) treatment to avert death should only be given to those who can be reasonably expected to have a high quality (and quantity) of life afterward."

One may delay death, but death will eventually come for ALL. There is no way to avert, prevent, thwart, deter or fend off death. I think it's sad that many people seem to think otherwise, in spite of the overwhelming mountain of evidence.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
February 21, 2008
Did you notice where the one kid wishes for a cat instead of a new widdle brudder?
She will probably get more attention from a cat instead of distracted moo.
February 21, 2008
sometimes to save a life is the worst that can happen. to even have the life created If there is a danger of such a thing, is purely selfish.

there was a story a few months ago about a child and it was blind, deaf, had not much of a brain, yet the parents (religious) was going to the high court to fight for the right of that child. the doctors said look its going to die within a year, and thats WITH massive medical intervention.

there is a point where its better for the family for a person/child to be let go. (with an adult consent, i am all for assisted suicides if that person KNOWS it all whats going to happen).

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 22, 2008
two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you notice where the one kid wishes for a cat
> instead of a new widdle brudder?
> She will probably get more attention from a cat
> instead of distracted moo.

This happens a lot with the older child when his/her parents decide that one is not enough. It is hard enough if the younger sibling(s) are not born with birth defects but is far worse when there are handicaps. The 1st child is left out and usually only beckoned when Moomie needs help doing the cunt work of childcare. Look at the McCaughey's. They already had one healthy daughter via IVF but just HAD to try to get another baby. Instead, they got a litter of babies with serious health issues.

I am certain the older daughter was NOT happy with SEVEN screamers in the house and then having to suddenly become an unpaid cunt worker to take care of all of her siblings. I am linking the Wikipedia article. Moo McCaughey loves to say, "Tell me which four I should not have had," when the issue of selective abortion comes up. This bint should not have had ANY of these kids and should have been content to be a good parent to the daughter she already had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCaughey_septuplets

There is NOTHING on the 'Net solely about Mikayla Marie McCaughey, the first daughter. Perhaps, she just wants privacy as a young adult after being forced to live in total chaos when those seven criblings were born. If I were her, I probably would have ran off once I was of legal age and if I had any money for my escape...
February 22, 2008
Sky Daddy gave the conjoined freak to Tor and Mandy Bailey as punishment for not aborting.

See, religion can work this way too! grinning smiley

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
February 22, 2008
Yep, I agree Catmeow. Unfortunately those breeder fucktards don't see it that way. This is the work of the devil, don't 'cha know.

That pesky devil character, just what are we going to do with him?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login