Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A letter from MIL

Posted by annie35 
A letter from MIL
February 21, 2008
My MIL who is very religious and lets everyone know it, sent me a letter asking for forgiveness, because she has treated me badly in the past ( never noticed it, she treats all people she deems as non-christian as they are beneath her). The letter stated that her main concern with me marrying her son was about how I would raise "HER GRANDKIDS". Hello! She never asked if we wanted kids, she assumed we wanted kids. Now we have been married for 3 years and together for 8, she is just getting around to asking forgiveness for something I was not even aware of. Her letter goes on to say that God spoke to her about my decision not to have kids and she is hoping I will see the error in my ways, that God does not intend for us to not have children and she is still worried about my soul because I am choosing to go against God by not breeding.
She also went on to say that she forgives me for making her son not want kids, that she must forgive me for her never having grandkids because it is the "christian" thing to do. My husband and I both feel it is none of her business about if we want kids. She wanted them, had them, and that should be it. But no, now she is complaining that all the other women her age have grandkids. I told her to adopt a baby if she wants want that bad. See SIL ( her daughter) was preggers but lost it, so she must wait to breed again. It is killing both SIL and MIl that they have to wait for this baby, but they figure they can still try to make me have a kid. They have a better chance of seeing a pig fly out of my ass.
Re: A letter from MIL
February 21, 2008
Your MIL's letter was to attack you via her stupid religion and the forgiveness bullshit. No one needs to be forgiven for not shitting out a baby to perpetuate the egotism of keeping the family name going. I hope you tell this busybody to stay out of your life and to keep her Christian bullshit to herself. Not everyone believes in the Holy Babble. Funny how only Christians are considered mentally fit when they claim they hear God-duh talking to them. Anyone else going around saying they hear voices would be labeled schizophrenic and would be placed on medication or Baker Acted very quickly! It sounds like your mother-in-law has too much time on her hands. Maybe she needs to get a job if she is not working. If she is working, perhaps working at a shelter for children can keep her out of other people's lives.
February 21, 2008
BUT i would say, GOD knew you were childfree, he made you childfree. so he mustnt disagree with your view.

as i once said to a christian GOD made me to test your faith. so i am doing gods work by denying his existence.

so god made me childfree, so i am doing gods will. (if he didnt want me to be childfree, then he would have zapped me with a lightning bolt)

how dare someone, presume to know what god wants.

you could always send them here or tell them about it wink

http://www.eilertech.com/cyberchurch/cyberchurch.htm

In the book of 1 Corinthians, chapter 7, the apostle Paul wrote that he wanted believers to be free from anxieties, particularly those which come from family relationships. The married man or woman is full of anxiety over the marital relationship. How much more so, the man or woman with children?

Jesus loved children but chose to never have any, so that he could devote his life to telling the Good News. What a model for childfree Christians to follow!

wink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 21, 2008
Holy passive-aggressive bullshit, Batman! That letter doesn't even come close to an apology...it's just another opportunity for her to showcase what a Good Christian she is and to hit you again.

1. "God spoke to her about my decision not to have kids and she is hoping I will see the error in my ways, that God does not intend for us to not have children and she is still worried about my soul because I am choosing to go against God by not breeding." Translation: I really am right, you are not doing God's work. Someone needs to tell this old broad to mind her own fucking business. ITA with the above, not having children is not something you have to apologize for. I hate "Christians" like this---if Gawd exists, shouldn't Gawd be talking to you about your life? Shouldn't your life be something you discuss with your OWN Gawd? Oh wait, then she can't act superior and act as if SHE knows what Gawd wants.

2. "She also went on to say that she forgives me for making her son not want kids," What a ridiculous statement. Can anybody FORCE anybody not to want kids? I hope your husband stepped up to the plate and told her HE doesn't want kids. It hurts her too much to think SonnyBoy doesn't want kids; instead she gets to blame YOU. What a fucking cunt.

By the way, is this cunt's name Margaret? I was briefly married in my 20's and she sounds like my ex- MIL. Probably not, that old crone is probably dead by now or her uterus fell out from having 7 kids. (We can only hope.) Anyhow....

3. "But no, now she is complaining that all the other women her age have grandkids."

What kind of apology is this? I get it, not really an apology, more chances for her to whine how she's not getting what she waaaaaaannnnnnnnts, a baybee in the family.

Seriously, this woman sounds toxic and delusional. Is there any way you can move far away from this bitch?

I hope your husband is smokin' hot, rich, dotes on you and has a 10 inch tongue, because having a bitch MIL like that would be hard to take.
February 21, 2008
Sounds like a religious nut who simply doesn't see the world for it really is.eye rolling smiley

At least she isn't Islamic; otherwise, she would support your husband brutally killing you out of "honor" or for something as little as not wearing your scarf right.

And, she'll have to be VERY forgiving to either spoiled rotten brats who would badmouth her or simply too many kids who would eventually use up ALL the resources on this poor little planet, leaving her NOTHING left to survive on!
February 22, 2008
bell_flower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Seriously, this woman sounds toxic and delusional.
> Is there any way you can move far away from this
> bitch?
>
> I hope your husband is smokin' hot, rich, dotes on
> you and has a 10 inch tongue, because having a
> bitch MIL like that would be hard to take.

Bell_Flower has a point with your husband. I hope this guy is worth the hassles of his family. As I learned with my first husband, you often marry the man's family as well. A woman is expected to put up with the MIL's crap and take shit from the rest of the family as well. A bitch like that would be hard to take. If your husband is rich, it can be worse as the "famblee" is going to even be harder to deal with due to the $$$. Again, I hope your husband is worth it, Annie. Having to deal with the ultra-religious in-laws is no fun game and I hope the husband has the balls to tell them to butt out of his and YOUR life.

My first MIL was fine with my tubal...until the day I got it. Then, she screamed in her irritating Argentine accent, "You will be berry, berry sorry for not having those babies." The stupid cunt probably thought I was going to start weeping in the OR sobbing how I had to have those shitlings. It does suck to be my ex-MIL. My mom saw her in a parking lot at the Safeway months back and she does look god-awful. Her $10 grand facelift from the Eighties has fallen and it looks as if she is back to heavy drinking. I really doubt her three grandchildren pay much attention anymore since they are all in their 30's now.
February 22, 2008
I would humor her and thank her for taking up your cause with the Great Almighty.

After all, this really is all about HER, not you. Anyone, religious or not, will tell you that "forgiveness" is all about the one DOING the forgiving, not about the person BEING forgiven.
February 22, 2008
Hmmm... what these religious nutters all seem to forget is that if they actually read the New Testament (specifically, the Apostolic Letters of Paul) the will find out that the New Testament preaches ABSTINENCE and CELIBACY over marriage... like 1 Corinthians 7 : "It is good for a man not to marry... I wish all men were as I am (eg unmarried)... it is good to stay unmarried even as I am... but if they cannot control themselves, they should marry for it is better to marry than burn with passion... those who marry will have many troubles in this life and I want to spare you this.". It advises marriage only as a means to prevent "sexual immorality" (sexual relations outside marriage)!

In those days there were no reliable means of contraception, therefore I (unsurprisingly) found not a single sentence in the New Testament about childfree marriages or whether contraception is a sin. It would appear not. Looks like the New Testament is pro-single, not pro-family, in fact, it seems to view those who have a family as weaker (though not committing a sin) than those who stayed single (and therefore "selfishly" childfree).

I think all the Bible-wavers should actually READ the Bible before they open their mouths to tell the rest of us how to live. They might find a little parable about removing a tree-trunk from your own eye before reaching for a speck in your neighbour's.

I love having a degree in Theology... I can always out-argue the crazy fundies on their own ground! Small and petty, but so much fun.
February 22, 2008
Hey, maybe Gawd did speak to her - maybe one day he knocked on her door, coffee cake and hostess gift in hand, MIL invited him for coffee, and they had a grand old chat about you. Were your ears ringing?

Whatever.

In my opinion, your MIL's letter was nothing but a reverse-psychology guilt trip.

Just to piss her off, I'd reply by saying, "Oh, thank you for being so understanding."
CF Uter
February 22, 2008
Tell her if God is God, he will have you "accidentially" get preggers to show you the error of your ways, since he is all powerful. grinning smiley

Or, Tell her that you had a conversation w/ God, and he told you to remain CF as he has other things in store for you instead. :spin

I love how she blames you for her son not wanting kyds.
Didn't all her Xtain BS stick after she had him under her roof for 18+ years? If God luvs him so, and her bringing him up "right" didn't help him resist you, it must be HER fault. Pardon my crudeness, but you must have one powerful pussy to overpower your hubby like that and brainwash him into doing something he evidentially was so against since he was brought up to breeeeedd, like his moomie wants. tongue sticking out smiley

I know my MIL secretly blames me for her son not having any Grandbrats. It is so funny, like she is admitting that her very own flesh and blood has no will of his own or no mind, no opinions or decision-making process of his own. Did she raise a nincompoop?shrug

Keep us updated. Something tells me this isn't the last you'll hear of her "apology".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login