Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spoiled Brats In "For Better Or For Worse".

Posted by Banshee 
Spoiled Brats In "For Better Or For Worse".
February 23, 2008
Michael's two sprogs are always fighting, calling each other names, and putting each other down, too. So the handsome, patient, kindly young father decides to do something about it...by BUYING them new beds and giving them separate rooms to sleep in, too. At such an infantile age, too! (Pint-sized bimbo Meredith gets a BUNK BED and she runs to call her pint-bimbo friends to come for a big slumber party the instant the new bed is set up!) And Michael himself is also shown as a howling, complaining little brat in the "flashback" strips.

I think elderly grandmoos like Lynn Johnston dearly love spoiled rotten kiddies like April at her rugrat stage, Anthony's witch-like spawn, and of course, pouty blonde Meredith and dimpled widdle Robin. That's how grandmoos got back at their own children for spawning brats of their own to deal with. How catty.winking smiley

Many readers left comments at the "FBOFW" site, remarking what spoiled brats both Meredith and Robin are as well as NOT needing them to push the stories along anymore!

One wrote this this little tidbit:

"After reading the strip and comments the past month, I am finally ready to weigh in- It seems as though many people in North American society have children not because they really want children but because it is expected of them to have children. The extended Patterson family fits into this category, don't you think? You rarely see moments where the parents are hugging and kissing their children or merely saying I love you...except for April because she was Elly's much wanted later in life child. In my circles, we view each additional child as another blessing. I do not know a single family that does not want to have at least 8 or 10 children. Perhaps, if the Pattersons thought along these lines you would see less teasing and sibling rivalry and more love and Elly actually wanting to take care of her elderly father.

Bri G, Ohio"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login