Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question For All Of You

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Question For All Of You
February 27, 2008
Over the years, I'll admit, I've done my share of reading the mommy blogs, the parent boards, various breeder blogs, etc. Keep in mind though, I NEVER EVER posted a comment or reply because it's not my place and I don't belong there. Fine, I just go to have a few laughs, read their inane blather and nonsensical reasonings for life, us Childfree folk, whatnot.

What I did notice is that on all these boards where breeders go to talk about whatever it is they talk about, they sure do a lot - and I mean A LOT of bitching about us childfree. And why? What have we actually DONE to them? Nothing. We're simply Childfree and loving life.

On any CF board I've been to, we bitch about kids and their handlers, because all of their breeding and bad parenting styles have a direct impact on us as people and the environment.

One chick, in her pathetic infertility blog said something to the effect of, "Why do they care so much my reproductive status?" Well dumb bitch, because people like YOU are the reason health care costs are out of control - paying for all your fertility treatments and the hospital bills for your damaged goods. Again, VALID things for us to bitch about.

What I did notice was that THEY only have US to bitch about. Not that we've done anything to them - hell they can thank us for our extra tax dollars - but just because there are people like us out there enjoying life. We don't DO anything for them to bitch about - other than participate in our CF blogs. And since our blogs are the only things they really DO have to bitch about the CF, they should consider themselves pretty lucky. We on the other hand as CF'ers, have to deal with the results of their bad parenting, never ending tax increases for new schools, noise in restaurants from their kid, the pain in the ass neighbor kids, and the list goes ON.

I guess it just goes to show that doing TMIJITW really doesn't take too much effort if they have time to go onto blogs and boards to bitch about the Childfree for no reason. At least we have specific things we bitch about that that the breeders of the world have inflicted upon us. Do we like being forced to pick up the slack at work for the breeders who always have a kid-related thing to duck out of work for? Uh, no, in fact they should thank us. Do we like not having the tax perks the breeders have just because we haven't bred? Uh, no, in fact they should again thank us. See where I am going with this? And they have the nerve to fucking bitch about us? Seriously.

Any thoughts?
Anonymous User
Re: Question For All Of You
February 27, 2008
They bitch about us because, to them, our being childfree is a slap in the face to them being parunts. They realize that WE made the CHOICE not to have a kid, whereas they had that choice, too, however, they went the opposite route. Let us also not forget that most moos envy the childfree lifestyle. They also think we shouldn't have any opinion whatsoever about breeders, tax breaks for chyldrun and breeders, repugnancy and how a child should be raised because *gasp* we've never had a chyuullllld! LOL

They are pissed because we have the freedom they either once had or wish they had and we also don't have to go through the horrors of pregnancy, labor, changing diapers, 3 a.m. feedings, the terrible toddler stage, lack of/constantly interrupted sex life, baby daddies, etc., etc., etc. They are miserable and we all know misery loves company, those hens like to gather together to cluck about their lot in life and step on anyone else who isn't like them or shares their beliefs.

They are pissed because they are saddled with the consequences of their choices and have no recourse whatsoever.

They want to make their case loud and clear that being a parunt is sooooooooooo wonderful - but whom are trhey trying to convince more? Themselves or the world?

LOL
February 27, 2008
My choice affects only me. Your choice to breed affects EVERYONE.

I have no idea why they bitch so much, except for my on going theory that breeders think they're the biggest martyrs on the planet who've "given up everything" to raise their "wonderful miracles" and no one else, even other parents, can appreciate how much difficult work that entails. Misery loves company, and the more they whine, the more they collect a little cadre of like minded breeders all nodding together about how special they are because of the difficult job they're doing. I have no idea WHY they think like that, except that all my worst suspicions must be true and raising children when you really don't actually want to is a trip through the worst circles of hell.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
February 27, 2008
the parents are told they are essential to the economy, politicians bend over backwards to help them, they get told in the press they are the saviours of the world.. or their children will be..

then they have a child, and its a mean little bastard who will do anything for itself and sulk and worse if it doesnt get its way. then they see us..

we have the freedom, we have the ability to step back from certain things. we are not merely a breeder, we are evolved humans who have decided not to do this or that.

they wished they could be like us. and not fall for the lies society tells. but they cant, so they have to take that frustration out on us.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Peppertree
February 27, 2008
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My choice affects only me. Your choice to breed
> affects EVERYONE.

Exactly. EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. People wonder why I get so angry about this issue. This is what I tell them.
February 27, 2008
Feh Wrote:
> My choice affects only me. Your choice to breed
> affects EVERYONE.
>
This would make a great bumper sticker! I want to see it next to one that says "Thanks for Not Breeding," which I have seen on a few cars.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
February 28, 2008
I think as soon as the sprogging begins, the average breeder somehow miraculously forgets that bringing the spawn into being was said breeder's choice, and somehow feels burdened and beleaguered and feels it's unfair that not everyone has to toil so, and after all, they're raising the next generation (and in so doing, doing us all a favor) because "their kids are going to be the ones feeding us and cleaning our poopy diapers in the nursing home."

What a fucking joke. Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!1
February 29, 2008
Breeding does affect all of us as taxes rise for more schools and areas where the water table is already tapped is used to build more subdivisions & schools. Never mind how Central Florida is overly-crowded, running scarce on water, and sinkholes due to over-building. My choice to not breed affects no one but me...with the exception of religious zealots who believe all women should be birthing babies for Christ. As for the angry moms who claim THEIR children will be paying for MY Social Security, I let them know that this issue is taken care of with everyone's tax withholding from the job...and we subsidize their tax credits per child.

Many breeders are angry because, like VLM stated, it feels like a slap in the face to them when someone else chooses a childfree lifestyle. If anyone does not believe that, go ahead and tell a childed person that you are childfree-by-choice when asked about breeding status. Then, continue on how the pregnancy would be aborted when the jealous moos go with the, "What would you do if your birth control or tubal ligation failed? Would you have the baby?" Mawms get really offended when they hear we would abort the little darlings in the event of an accident. grinning smiley

Most CF people have no need to post on a parenting board yet parents often think they are entitled to invade a childfree site. Usually, these people will come on with the sappy bit of how they really DO respect our choices and want to get to know "our side" better. After a little bit of time, the anger comes out when we are not cooing over their kids or saying how THEIR children are really so well-behaved & so much better than OTHER kids. Please...all kids lie from time to time and act up. No child is perfect. A good parent is going to admit that even if s/he dos have a good kid.

Try banning them from a childfree-by-choice forum. Some do try to return under a different ID. On alt.support.childfree eons ago, some breeder actually e-mailed me to the addy we each had on that site when signing up. I did not converse with this woman at all online. I posted her e-mail as it was offensive yet she acted so victimized. Many of the CF'ers made it clear that she opened herself up by contacting me privately. I am a real bitch. No moo will win with me. Breeders think they should have a foothold into anything even if it does not involve them directly.
nullipara
March 04, 2008
I like to remind breeders that if I don't have a kyd, that's one less human to compete with THEIR kyd for resources. And since most of these people only care about THEIR kyd, it gives them pause, and suddenly it's the most logical thing in the world for me to be childfree... as long as they/their spawn benefit from it, even in the most indirect way. *eyeroll*

I think the majority of the defensive parents doth protest too much. Being a parent is the Norm in the sociological sense. Some breeders have never even thought it possible to deviate from the LifeScript, and seeing other people doing so threatens their concept of how things "should be." It's shocking and horrifying to realize people can live happily without chilluns!!1!1!!1 It's as though they realize too late that breeding is a choice, and since the childfree weren't sucked into that LifeScript song-and-dance, we must be thoroughly mocked/trolled/insulted for being the black sheep in the flock... naawmean?
Anonymous User
March 04, 2008
You know, that one alliteration (?) of children (chillun) reminds me of a spot I saw on a news program some years ago. One of those 'pity the poor widdle welfare moo' items. Of course, you know how much sympathy that garnered from yours truly.
What got me was some fat moo was going on about 'foh-teen chillun in one room'. I doubt the stupid moo was raped. You had them, you are living on other peoples dime, I don't give a damn if your spawn is stacked up in one room.
Anonymous User
March 04, 2008
p.s.: I wouldn't even care if they were stuffed into a shoebox and kept in a closet.
March 04, 2008
hey thats clever nulli, i wish i had thought of it.. i am going to use it thoughwink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 04, 2008
two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
> p.s.: I wouldn't even care if they were stuffed
> into a shoebox and kept in a closet.

Rock on...I love it! :yr
DrDanCorelli
March 04, 2008
Even with all of the crap that the CF are subjected to each and every day, I would not trade my childfreedom for anything. Breeders are so pissed off that we did not buy into the same lies they did, and they realize how hopeless their situation is. Their brats will always be a millstone around their necks, and we will always have the personal freedom and choices they will never have.

My freedom is worth a lot more to me than a brat ever will be.
March 05, 2008
Even in adulthood, today's generation still live at home and rely on their parents for support. Then...there are the grandbrats if these idiots marry and reproduce. An elderly man I know in Central Florida has a daughter, son-in-law, and two grandsons living with them. Daughter claims she is disabled with migraines and cannot work...BUT...she can be a professional student at UCF. Another adult child, a son, got this man to co-sign for a car. He is also married and sprog-addled. Son and Daughter-in-Law often miss the payments which Dad finds out when the bank debits his checking account as he got the loan through his own bank. Children are the worst 'investment' anyone can make. They are a drain on society despite Famblee Values people screaming how they are the future. Most of today's kids do not even know the capitol of their state or country.
k-man
March 05, 2008
Amethusos said, "Another adult child, a son, got this man to co-sign for a car. He is also married and sprog-addled. Son and Daughter-in-Law often miss the payments which Dad finds out when the bank debits his checking account as he got the loan through his own bank."

It seems that cosigning parents being left holding the bag when their sprogs choose not to pay are all too common now. People need to use common sense and just say no when someone, even your own kyd, asks you to cosign a loan or payment plan. Needing a cosigner is a good indication that the person has no business making that transaction in the first place. Today's kyds have such an entitlement mentality and apparently must figure that Moo and Duh can simply pick up the payments if the kyd doesn't feel like paying.

Amethusos, that father is lucky. Usually the way it works for a cosigner is this: (1) borrower fails to make payments, so then (2) lender wants the entire balance owed—not just the missed payments.

This can happen even with a mortgage. I know of a case in Colorado when pahrents cosigned for one for their son, who soon enough defaulted on his payments, and the bank went after the parents for the entire $200,000+ balance left on the mortgage. And the lender is under no obligation to work out a payment plan. As lenders warn cosigners, make sure you can afford to pay this.

Years ago my brother (several years younger) got our father to cosign a loan for him. Long story short, the inevitable happened, and Dad got to pay the outstanding balance after the sheriff served papers on him. Then my brother wanted me to cosign a loan for him. I asked him then, "What's to stop you from saying, 'I don't feel like paying this month. I know—I'll just let k-man get it'?" He gor tongue-tied and couldn't answer. He has wised up considerably since then and can't believe some of the crap he pulled like this in the past. But there are plenty of "adult" sprogs who never get wise...
Nour
March 05, 2008
Amen, k-man. Glad you stuck to your guns!
Don't forget the adult sproggen who forge their parents signatures on documents to get what they want. Back in like '01, I knew one who forged her mom's signature on a cell phone contract because her credit was too bad to get one on her own. When her mom and dad went to the bank to get a loan they found out what she had done, oh, and also had ran up the phone bill to $2000!!!
DrDanCorelli
March 05, 2008
My aunt whined and cried trying to get me to co-sign a loan for her worthless fuckbag son. I won't admit the son of a bitch is my cousin because it makes my skin crawl. Anyhow, she kept calling me until I finally told her to fuck off, and not in a nice way. Then she had the nerve to call my mom and ask her to co-sign. Mom told her sister to do the same thing, only not as sweetly as I did.

Never, ever assist a breeder financially. It is worse than a drug habit. They will just keep expecting you to "help" (breederese for theft) them and never give anything back.
March 06, 2008
I had a friend ask me and my ex for $5k back in 1994 so she and hubby could get their driveway paved.

She was a SAHM, no money in the bank, hubby was working himself to death, no retirement fund, nothing. Their house was very modest and in a nice wooded, gated community, so a stone driveway was not unheard of but her beef was it was so HAAAARD to carry the BAYBEE on stones, she's afraid she'd trip and fall with her.

This did not ruin our friendship, but I still think she had a lot of gaul asking for $5k for this. They never did pave the driveway.
March 06, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> I had a friend ask me and my ex for $5k back in
> 1994 so she and hubby could get their driveway
> paved.
>
> She was a SAHM, no money in the bank, hubby was
> working himself to death, no retirement fund,
> nothing. Their house was very modest and in a
> nice wooded, gated community, so a stone driveway
> was not unheard of but her beef was it was so
> HAAAARD to carry the BAYBEE on stones, she's
> afraid she'd trip and fall with her.
>
> This did not ruin our friendship, but I still
> think she had a lot of gaul asking for $5k for
> this. They never did pave the driveway.

KFLL, too bad the friendship was not axed over the demand for the $5 grand for moo's driveway. Too bad she did not fall with BAYBEE and the thing did not die. One less expense for the whining moo to worry about. My former stepmom asked for $5G's back in 2002 when she got fired from a job which was probably due to her mouth. Why did she want $5,000? To pay off her credit cards which she used from traveling. I have some $$$ in stocks that my mom holds for my old age. I am not rich.

In fact, I was struggling to barely pay the bills at that time and was working like a fucking ass. Yet, this woman had the nerve to ask for that money and sounded sooooo angry when I told her Mom was the joint tenant on the account. I also told her how I was not even able to talk to the bank without my mother's permission. Glad it was set up this way for my protection. Janet and I grew apart. The thing that hit was when she moved back to the SF Bay Area and became a born-again X-tian and was nasty about a gift I sent that had something to with an alternative faith.

I have no fucking use for this woman. I did send her $1000 in 2000 when these moneys came through from my late-father's estate. Gee...one would think she would be grateful for that as I never had to send her that gift. If I was going to withdraw from that account, it would have been to maybe make my standard of living less stressful rather than pay for a spendthrift's vacations and car payments. Of course, she said she would pay it back. As my paternal grandmother said, "You would never have seen that money again!" My ex-stepmother is not a mother but someone who wished she had the SAHM life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login