Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Country Music

Posted by toomanybrats 
Re: Country Music
October 15, 2012
I took a roadtrop from Texas to Florida last fall. The only thing on the radio was country, and almost all the songs were "I'm a great parent making memories for my kid" type songs. I was bored by the time I hit Louisiana! Fortunately, in Mississippi, I began to hear songs about getting drunk.

To regain my sanity, on the way back I blasted Grateful Dead, Frank Zappa and Big Star.
October 15, 2012
Snark Shark
CHICAGO CAN'T FUCKING ROCK!! THEY WERE A BALLAD BAND!!

now, G'n'R were awesome, and would have been the next Aerosmoth if Axl hadn't derailed everything!

I prefer their older stuff from the late 60's and early 70's. Not the dreck after it became Peter Cetera all the time during the 80's. It was a terrible blow to the band when Terry Kath died.

Terry Kath was a FANTASTIC guitarist, so much so that Jimi Hendrix admired his playing and singing style.

And NOPE, GnR SUCKS ASS. I can't stand them, they were neither great nor revolutionary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
annieapp
October 15, 2012
I'm a classic rock fan, but I admit to liking some country music: Dixie Chicks (my fav is "Goodbye, Earl"), Martina McBride ("Independence Day"), and Brad Paisley, because he's got a great sense of humor ("Alcohol" although in most respects, that's not funny, but what the hell) - Brad's also cute as a bug's ear.

Annie
October 15, 2012
Here's a vomit-inducing number from Trace Adkins:

When I saw this comment, I wanted to hurl.

I missed bein little cuz im havin a baby n I dont have a job or a ged or diploma :'(
October 15, 2012
toomanybrats
Here's a vomit-inducing number from Trace Adkins:

He has five kids - all daughters. Wonder if he kept trying for a Little Og Adkins?

Thing is - a lot of these artists start with some pretty good stuff. Adkins kicks ass with "Chrome". Makes me wonder who is actually in control of the artists' choices. Does the rise of dreck like Taylor Swift cause the music moguls to say "OK, everyone is listening to milk and cookies music right now. Run down the list of people getting ready to cut new music and tell 'em to get in line with that!"
October 15, 2012
Dingo8YourBaby
Snark Shark
CHICAGO CAN'T FUCKING ROCK!! THEY WERE A BALLAD BAND!!

now, G'n'R were awesome, and would have been the next Aerosmoth if Axl hadn't derailed everything!

I prefer their older stuff from the late 60's and early 70's. Not the dreck after it became Peter Cetera all the time during the 80's. It was a terrible blow to the band when Terry Kath died.

Terry Kath was a FANTASTIC guitarist, so much so that Jimi Hendrix admired his playing and singing style.

And NOPE, GnR SUCKS ASS. I can't stand them, they were neither great nor revolutionary.

how the fuck did chicago go from "wishing you were here" to fucking "stay the night"???? that's as horrid of a plummet as jefferson airplane/jefferson starship, a band whose members confronted hell's angels at altamont and did such ascerbic songs as "two heads" and dark, bad acid pieces such as "house at pooneil corner", winding up with "we built this city" and fucking "nothing's gonna stop us now"...

GnR would have been infinately better if Axl Rose was the one who got tossed out of the band. The ONLY thing Rose was good for was comic relief, as he had constant temper tantrums, attacked photographers and fell off of the stage to the point that GnR looks like a spoof of Spinal Tap...

October 15, 2012
October 15, 2012
Yeah, I want to stab myself in the head with a pitchfork every time I think about how Jefferson Ship/Plane just went to shit in the 80's.

A lot of bands that were fantastic in the 70's didn't fare well in the 80's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login