Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From the angry pharmacist

Posted by mercurior 
From the angry pharmacist
February 29, 2008
I'm going to go off on my own little banter about the same stupidity that has recently plagued The *Angriest* (because the *'s make it not like my site) Pharmacist.

People on the state tit getting free OTC stuff

http://www.theangriestpharmacist.com/2008/02/23/fills-deez-fer-me/

I know that I bitch about people on the state dime day in and day out, but like farting it public it never gets old. However like farting in public, once in a while you shit your pants so you need to moderate.

Covering OTC items isn't usually a problem until the kid comes back for the 5th time in a month with the SAME prescription for the SAME OTC products. No antibiotics, no actual Rx legend stuff, just purely APAP and some Dimatapp DM. Oh, its not just one child either, its all of the children that dropped out of this 29 year old with a clown car for a vagina.

Not only are we paying for these OTC items that the children probably don't need, but for the doctors visit that the children probably didn't need because they were just there 2 weeks ago for the same thing! Fuck taking the child to the doctor and just spend the $3 for some OTC tylenol syrup and treat it yourself! Isn't your time worth mon-... oh, I forgot, these people don't work, so they have TIME to sit in the ER for 9 hours while their children tear all the magazines apart just to be written an Rx for some Motrin suspension. Silly me. You would think that after the 4th child you would know how to treat any sort of ailment that the other 3 kids have gotten in their childhood and wouldn't need to see a doct-... oh, sorry, implication of common sense and good judgment.. Sorry, silly me again.

I think that myself, the (* x Avogadro number) Angriest (* x Avogadro number) pharmacist (wait wait, how many *'s are in 1 mole of Angriest Pharmacist? 6.022x10^24! Come on TAestP, you laughed, its clever), the DrugNazi, and all of the other pharmacists out there who just pound their heads on the table have problems coping with the sheer blatant rampant ignorance of the general public. What makes it worse, is that they thrive on being ignorant and unable to take care of themselves and will do everything in their power to stay that way.

What makes this even more humorous is that my boss reads this website, and he knows that I write it, and he probably thinks that I'm the most disgruntled and unhappy employee on the face of the planet. Eh, he's wrong.

this is the angriests, post

filled 9 scripts today for three different kids.

Jimbo Jones — Flintstones Vitamins, Iron Drops, and Rondec DM
Jackson Smith — Flintstones Vitamins, Iron Drops, and Rondec DM
Cameron Sledgehammer — Flintstones Vitamins, Rondec DM, and Augmentin

Several things piss me off about this situation:
1. This mother was pregnant again (likely with a 4th man’s seed).
2. Five of the nine prescriptions are OTC Products (Flintstones x 3 and Iron x 2)
3. All of these children were on State Aid - meaning part of my taxed wages paid for these five prescriptions.
4. The cost of these 5 OTC prescriptions is negligible (Generic Flintstones cost $4-5 bucks for 100 of them and Iron drops cost $3-4 for 2 ounces — total cost: $23 or $9 if the kids shared the bottles).
5. Reimbursement on these types of scripts is absolutely pathetic because it’s OTC. It’s something like cost + $0.50 — And there’s always problems with submitting and getting them to work. So, you have to transmit several times at like 15-20 cents each to get it to adjudicate.
And WORST of all:
6. The prescriptions were dated 2/13/08 —- TEN FUCKING DAYS AGO!

Are you fucking kidding me? The kids probably aren’t sick anymore and don’t need the Rondec or the Augmentin, YET she still took these little kids to the doctor (again, on my dime) and got the scripts. So, I’m filling prescriptions for NOW healthy babies. She wasted the time of the doctor since she didn’t get the scripts immediately filled. She wasted my time (as well as my tech’s time) because I’m filling scripts for babies that aren’t sick. She’s obviously neglecting the children to some extent since she failed to get the scripts filled in a timely fashion (which, in my opinion would be within 24 hours — preferably 12). They were sick enough to take to the doctor, right?

So, again I ask: Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

I say another government baby is exactly what this chick needs.

As always in my posts - there’s one final thought that ties this all together — that makes my points really hit home — that makes the reader go “what the fuck” — that makes me want to cringe in disgust.

She works [part-time] in the grocery store CONNECTED to my pharmacy. I’m sure she’d been there more recently than 10 days post-doctors-appointment

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: From the angry pharmacist
February 29, 2008
Yep and so long as the government keeps paying more money kid after kid, this shit will continue.

As I said before, to have 1 kid you cannot support and receive public assistance for, is bad enough. But to keep on having them should revoke your right to the assistance.

Shit, health insurance companies put caps on how much they will pay out for things, why doesn't the government do the same? This is people's hard earned TAX MONEY they are just giving away to these scum bags.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login