Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

arGGGHHH!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
arGGGHHH!
March 04, 2008
Just to weigh in a little on this...

I like this site, content-wise - but function-wise, it is pretty clunky. For example, even though I am a registered user, I still have to punch in an "anti-spam" code with each new post/reply; even then, the site/software just "disappears" my post (returns to a log-in screen) or duplicates the post. One has to copy /save a post, then re-postit, etc. etc. It gets tedious - and I don't see how it prevents spam. After all, if you're a registered user, by definition, your posts shouldn't be subjected to "spam" controls. (If a registered user violates TOS, why not just ban them, etc?) Also, there's no way (that I can see) to post images ....
Anonymous User
Re: arGGGHHH!
March 04, 2008
PS - It just did it AGAIN.

I was attempting to reply to "another one bites the dust" - and when I clicked "post" the software sent me to a blank page and told me "another user is registered" ... which, is ME using MY OWN account.. but which this awful software seems to think is a "new poster" unless I FIRST went to the log-in screen rather than entered the info in the blanks that are on the new post page...

It's like driving a rusty Pinto., No offense. I like the content/people here but the site is very clumsy and hard to use....
March 04, 2008
I know this site can be frustrating sometimes, and I wish I could be of more help, but here are a couple things I do...
First, enter the spam prevention code first before you type anything else. I've found I have the most problems when I forget to enter the spam code, type my rant and then try to post the message.

Second, if you've gotten the wording just right, and think you've made the best point in the world, before you post your rant, just highlight and copy your text. Then at least you'll have a copy to repost should things fail.

Third, if you are logged on, and don't do anything on the site for a while, or take too long typing up your rant, you might be asked to register. If I think I've been dicking around too long for my posts to take, I'll log off and log back on again.

I am not sure what happened to the person who set up/managed this site, but it's been pretty self sufficient for quite some time in that old car only you can drive because you're the one who knows its quirks sort of way.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
March 05, 2008
I would also suggest highlighting your post and using the Ctrl+C control, because when you have to log back in, you are often take to a "Start New Topic" screen and you lose your rant.
Anonymous User
March 05, 2008
I appreciate the tips - thanks...

To get back to my original post ont his topic, though.... I was trying to explain why I think the site isn't as active as it might be. As someone who has some experience in the area of publishing (and specifically, web publishing) I can tell you that when people encounter difficulties such as we've been discussing here, they will just give up- and not come back.

It's shame, because the idea behind this site is great. Too bad the site/software is so awful!
March 05, 2008
Feh is right about that one. I copy my rant and log back in. Unfortunately, the site has been hacked. Probably bored and angry breeders so the mods on Bratfree may choose to err on the side of caution which is cool.
March 05, 2008
This site may be less active and primitive in function, but it is the only one I can stand so far because nobody (such as an owner or moderator) is trying to force users to conform to some cliquey, control-freak image they have.

Furthermore, I like it because there is just one category of messages (two if you count the Patio) and you don't have to go find the "right" place for your post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login