Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pool Filter And Dumb Child

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Pool Filter And Dumb Child
March 21, 2008
Oneless low-iq brat running around in the world.

For the sake of the chyldrun!!!!!!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/POOL_INJURY?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATEbig grin with biting lipEFAULT

Too bad there isn't legislation to make kids and their parents smarter.
Re: Pool Filter And Dumb Child
March 21, 2008
That is just freaky. Not that I'm defending parental stupidity, but it WAS just a wading pool, and no one deserves to have that happen to them. While I personally stay the fuck away from wading pools due to the nature of their use (to put it delicately), their bottom-filters should not be so strong that they suck someone's body parts out.

What surprises me is that this is the FIRST (?) time it's happened, or that I have heard of it happening.
Greg
March 21, 2008
"Oneless low-iq brat running around in the world."

No, one poor cute little girl dead...slowly and painfully.

Phew, a sad accident and an amazingly cruel response. I don't want kids, hate brats in restaurants (heck, anywhere out in public), but I don't celebrate when they die.

Very Sad.
cfhistorian
March 21, 2008
Oh, that's just awful...I remember hearing about similar cases a few years ago. Poor kid. She wasn't some brat playing in traffic...she was in a swimming pool, and probably supervised at that. It's a shame that someone could die from something like that.
Anonymous User
March 22, 2008
That is horrible. Poor kid.
Anonymous User
March 22, 2008
This also happened in a Minneapolis suburb last summer. I don't know if the girl died later on, but she had major surgery and could only eat through a tube afterwards.

Edit: never mind, I see it was the same girl
k-man
March 22, 2008
There was a rash of such accidents some years back, along with incidents in which children and adults got swimming clothes or body parts caught in open pump inlets and drowned. My understanding is that a slotted cover over the inlet is supposed to be in place to prevent all this, but some pools were never equipped or the owner removed it to improve flow to the pump. If the cover isn't there, then the pool owner might be liable for the injuries.
March 24, 2008
That is truly a horrific thing to happen to a child like her.sad smiley
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
I also agree: it is sad that the child died. I have not seen the article, so I do not have all the facts at my disposal.
If that owner removed the grill, he WILL be held accountable, as he should be.
I never wanted a child, never. But no one, least of all a child, deserves to be torn apart (that is what I gather happened) like that (and/or drown). To me, the horror would be unimaginable. If she survived, she WILL have psychic trauma. I can personally vouch for that. (Unless, perhaps, she can suppress it: but then it might emerge later on in life with some bad consequences.)
Children simply trust that something is safe/ok. It is fairly easy to bamboozle them because they believe what you say.
Even adults can be caught in the same trap: if it is apparently safe to go somewhere, and there ARE no warnings to the contrary, why would we hesitate to go into a situation that could, without warning, turn deadly.
We see plenty of examples daily. Some are idiotic. (Please take child out of stoller before collapsing... duh....). Others are really meaningful: 'DO NOT TRESSPASS' on gates leading to power plants, etc. Places that would cause injury.
No, I cannot wish something like this on anyone, least of all a child.

However, I have seen some kids that have to WORK at killing themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login