Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeding = broke?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Breeding = broke?
March 22, 2008
One reason we haven't produced a fruit is financial.

All our friends w/fruit are in much worse shape, money wise (especially long-term savings wise) than we are. Raising a kid has always been costly, but in today's world, it requires an enormous financial commitment - several hundred thousand dollars, at least. Private schools are almost a necessity (if the kid isn't to be intellectually and culturally hobbled by disastrous public schools),an undergraduate degree (at least) from a good school similarly critical - given the rapacious competitive environment a kid will face in 2026, etc.

Our view is that one cannot responsibly breed (on this score alone) without having the financial wherewithal to provide for the above - in addition to providing for one's own financial security at the same time. Unless one doesn't mind having to work well into one's late 60s, even 70s. Maybe forever.

Yet we have noticed an inverse correlation: The less money people have, the more apt they are to breed - and to breed repeatedly.

Ironic, eh?

The people who (without meaning to sound like an elitist) have given the most thought to the consequences of breeding are those most suited to doing so responsibily - yet don't breed precisely because it is not responsible to breed!

Meanwhile, the least able and responsible breed with abandon - giving only intermittent thought as to the consequences, sentencing themselves to a lifetime of financial insecurity and their progeny to an almost certain life of diminished opportunity/attainment ...
Matush
Re: Breeding = broke?
March 22, 2008
I posted this article on the rants page. Apparently, breeders can't live on $100,000 a year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21888203/
March 22, 2008
Boo-hoo >sniff<
March 23, 2008
Cry me a river!

I just posted #2646, which is one reason why breeders don't want to live on less than $100,000 a year.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
Here's another 'connect the dots' for you as well.
Fact: the less educated a person is, the more likely they are to smoke.
Observed corollary: virtually all welfare moos I have encountered smoke.
Conclusion: welfare whores are basically uneducated morons. (This was also borne out by a study that found these stupid moos were just that.. stupid, with no high school diplomas. The duhs were only slightly better off, usually had a diploma, but no meaninful, gainful employment.)
But these jerk heads can sprog.
March 24, 2008
Sil keeps trying to get knocked up and loses the baby, can work but chooses not to, she has said she expects the government to help her out.

Uncle has 7 kids, all have been paid for by the tax payers.

Brother and SIL have had 5 pregnancies, all paid for by us taxpayers.

Each of these people complain when they see me on my new motorcycle, at my new house, or after I get back from vacation. I simply tell them life is the sum of your choices, bad choices result in a bad life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login