Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parking While Pregnant

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Parking While Pregnant
March 22, 2008
Okay, I'm in a wheelchair for a few more months at least. A lot of the handicapped parking in my area has been converted into Stork Spots. Now, the wonderful California legislature wants to grant handicapped access to all preggos. This makes me sick! I already have to park farther away due to the pig spots being closer than the handicapped spots.

When is it going to end!!??

http://www.insidebayarea.com/health/ci_8649249
Re: Parking While Pregnant
March 24, 2008
That's total bullshit. If your lazy, pregnant ass can walk all through a shopping center, it can damn well walk from a not-so-close parking spot. Repugnancy is NOT a disability. They start doing that shit and it will open doors for legislation to be made for moos to get disability payments for the entire 12 weeks of their FMLA.

Disabled/handicapped issues are far different and anyone saying the 2 are similar needs a good swift kick in the ass. Just my opinion. smiling smiley
March 24, 2008
But I thought excercise during pregnancy was healthy? It won't kill them to waddle to the entrance.
Next they will want special seating on the airplanes or bus.
Peppertree
March 24, 2008
I don't even know where to start.

As a person with an ACTUAL disability (I have Spina Bifida and use a wheelchair) this is seriously infuriating to me. People who have disabilities do not CHOOSE to have them--we are either born with disabilities or acquire them through illness or accident. Pregnancy IS a choice. Therefore, you must accept ALL the consequences of that choice, including the fact that being pregnant is going to make walking more difficult than it usually is. Too fucking bad. It does NOT qualify as a disability.

Get up off your fucking fat, lazy, disgusting pregnant ass and WALK.
March 24, 2008
Ironically enough, there was a time when women fought to remove pregnancy from the "disability" list so they could get equal employment, among other things. It seems like this current crop of entitlemoos want everything just handed to them on a silver platter.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Nour
March 24, 2008
So the handicapped spaces are FARTHER away from entrances that these stork spots! Unbelievable and yet it's not really. If only the CF were "nicer" people maybe this wouldn't be happening.... Then the breederific world would *accept* the CF community if only we weren't such extremists! ::sarcasm::

And the irony of this is that sprogless was hit by a doped-up mom driving in a parking lot!! I hope that your recovery goes well, sprogless.
March 24, 2008
I'm sickened by these preggo spaces as well. To the disabled/wheelchair bound people here-could you just say "fuck it" and park in those spots anyway? Walking or wheeling that extra distance to a store is by far more difficult for a disabled person than it is for a preggo, I'd imagine. The laziness of breeders never ceases to amaze me.
March 24, 2008
There is no way for anyone to legally enforce preggo/stork spaces. Park away my CF-ers, and when challenged, just say "go buy a pregnancy test and I'll piss on it for you", it shuts 'em up right quick.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Peppertree
March 24, 2008
I'm sure it's not actually "allowed" for a disabled person to use a moo space, however I defy anyone to tell me that a pregnant woman trumps me and my wheels. I haven't yet had the opportunity to use a moo space when all other disabaled parking was taken, but I look forward to the opportunitysmiling smiley
March 25, 2008
its only illegal for a parent/person to use a disabled space. there is NO legislation that states parents and children have to have a specific place.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login